PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : How to install HP PSC1210 with WL-500G

siriusw
13-06-2005, 17:30
Just got a WL-500G few days ago. It is not that hard to make the WL-500G to replace my old buffalo 11b router.
But when I try to install the HP PSC 1210 connected to the WL-500G, I spend quite a lot of time to make it work. I have searched around the internet, and find that some people are having the same problem, but cannot get a detailed answer to make it work. So, after I find out the working way, I decided to write the solution here. Hope that this can help the people who are having the HP PSC 1210 and the WL-500G.

The problem:
If ur windows has already installed with driver of PSC 1210, u may find that Printer driver only shows when the Printer is connected to the USB port. Once u pull the USB cable off, the Printer driver will disappear in the "Printer & Fax". So, u cannot change the port from USB to TCP/IP port.

Even u try to add a new Printer driver using the local port, u will not find the model from the list, and also cannot find the correct inf file from the system or the driver disc.

The solution:
Note: u must first have the PSC1210 driver installed (when connect with USB)

Install a new Printer Driver. From the model list, select HP PSC950. (My OS is XP pro. I can find PSC950 from the list) u can install it using the TCP/IP port 192.168.1.1 (the IP of WL-500G).

After that, view the property of the PSC950 printer driver. Go to the advance tab, there is a list box showing all the printer driver installed in the system.
That means u can find hp psc 1200 series driver. Select it and then click the Apply button to apply the settings.

Now, try to print a testing page. It should work now.

I know that showing the screen capture can make this solution more clear and easy to read. But I don't know how to insert pic to this post.
So if anyone want the screen cap, pls feel free to ask me.

Sirius :D

FongWan
28-07-2005, 21:38
tnx for the info, i'll try this with a HP PSC2410.

But one question, why did you specifically used the PSC950 model?

Install a new Printer Driver. From the model list, select HP PSC950. (My OS is XP pro. I can find PSC950 from the list) u can install it using the TCP/IP port 192.168.1.1 (the IP of WL-500G).

Can I use the same or do I need another model?