PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Testing required for USB printers



Oleg
13-04-2004, 11:49
Guys, I've recompiled printer.o module which is used in the firmware in order to fix the kernel oopses. But I need a feedback from the users who is experiencing problems with printing with 1.7.5.6-2 firmware and a facing to kernel oops in the logs. Also I need a feedback from other users to whom current firmware works ok.

So, please download the new driver module usingthis (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/printer.o) link.
Once you've downloaded it please disconnect your usb printer from the router, power it off then on and copy printer.o to /tmp directory on the router (scp printer.o admin@my.router:/tmp)
Once you've copied the file please establish the ssh/telnet session to the router and do the following

rmmod printer

After that execute


insmod /tmp/printer.o

Now you can connect your printer back to the router.

After that please execute


cat /proc/usblp/usblpid

and post the results here. Also try printing anything to see if that works for you.

P.S. You could also copy printer.o to the usb flash driver and execute

insmod /mnt/usbfs/printer.o
instead to load new driver.

Oleg
14-04-2004, 15:20
To whom who has problem with printing: guys, if you want to fix the printing problem please perform the testing mentioned. Otherwise the problem will be never fixed - I need a feedback.

narcis
14-04-2004, 15:54
# cat /proc/usblp/usblpid
Manufacturer=Lexmark
Model=Lexmark Z22-Z32
Class=Printer
Description=Lexmark Z22-Z32
The printer is correctly recognized in the status window, but printing in any way (lpr/raw) does not work. With the old printer module the results have been the same.

Oleg
14-04-2004, 16:29
Originally posted by narcis

# cat /proc/usblp/usblpid
Manufacturer=Lexmark
Model=Lexmark Z22-Z32
Class=Printer
Description=Lexmark Z22-Z32
The printer is correctly recognized in the status window, but printing in any way (lpr/raw) does not work. With the old printer module the results have been the same.

Just to clarify: I'm trying to track the problem with kernel oopses in the system log. Is there anything strange in the log?
Also, some users reported that ASUS original firmwares are working ok in the printing part, but does not work with custom one. Have you ever tried printing with ASUS firmwares?

narcis
15-04-2004, 00:19
As far as I know the system log doesn't show anything suspicious when trying to print and the situation was the same with the original Firmware, but it might be that there have been more error messages in the system log with the original firmware. I'd try that out, but I think it would be better if I printed from the router itself via a ssh/telnet connection, so I can make sure that the networking part doesn't make any trouble. Can I pipe some file through to the LPR, and if so, how?

Pandabeer
15-04-2004, 20:37
Originally posted by Oleg
Guys, I've recompiled printer.o module which is used in the firmware in order to fix the kernel oopses. But I need a feedback from the users who is experiencing problems with printing with 1.7.5.6-2 firmware and a facing to kernel oops in the logs. Also I need a feedback from other users to whom current firmware works ok.

So, please download the new driver module usingthis (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/printer.o) link.
Once you've downloaded it please disconnect your usb printer from the router, power it off then on and copy printer.o to /tmp directory on the router (scp printer.o admin@my.router:/tmp)
Once you've copied the file please establish the ssh/telnet session to the router and do the following

rmmod printer

After that execute


insmod /tmp/printer.o

Now you can connect your printer back to the router.

After that please execute


cat /proc/usblp/usblpid

and post the results here. Also try printing anything to see if that works for you.

P.S. You could also copy printer.o to the usb flash driver and execute

insmod /mnt/usbfs/printer.o
instead to load new driver.

Please I'm a newbie to this..if you explain how to copy it to TMP and how to conect with a telnet session..I want to try...my HP840C is now not working (it did for one testform..after that..no connection anymore)

Dusty
15-04-2004, 21:19
I want to test this, but how can i copy/move the file:
printer.o to the /tpm directory on the router?:confused:

ebakke
15-04-2004, 21:28
Want to test as well, doesn't look like ssh is running, with my limited Unix knowledge, is required by scp.
Can not use the card slot on the printer as well using ftp, as the new firmware is not accepting these, so stuck to get the printer.o file on the router.

Any suggestions?

Oleg
15-04-2004, 21:28
Ok, I see. :) Wait for the new test firmware.

Antiloop
16-04-2004, 08:34
Originally posted by ebakke
Want to test as well, doesn't look like ssh is running, with my limited Unix knowledge, is required by scp.
Can not use the card slot on the printer as well using ftp, as the new firmware is not accepting these, so stuck to get the printer.o file on the router.

Any suggestions?

try this one

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?threadid=11

ít SHOULD open up a ftp server upon your wl500gs root

never tested this anymore was tested with 1.6.5.3 for the last time..

Oleg
16-04-2004, 12:38
Guys, try using this firmware (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/1.7.5.6-test2.trx). It contains "right" usb printer module. Also it has vi editor compiled in to the busybox.

Pandabeer
16-04-2004, 17:00
Oleg!! Perfect....it's working with my HP Deskjet 840C!!

Great Job...

Josephus
17-04-2004, 18:47
still not working...
i got the same dmesg

hub.c: new USB device 00:04.0-1, assigned address 2
printer.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 2 if 0 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04F9 pid 0x011E
printer.c: usblp0 Device ID string [51]='MFG:Brother;CMD:HBP,PCL;MDL:MFC-9180;CLS:PRINTER;'
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc == c00a13b4, ra == c00a1440
Oops in fault.c::do_page_fault, line 192:

and some stackdump

Its a laser printer, but afaik with this new printing daemon i should handle any printer, right?

Oleg
17-04-2004, 19:47
Yes, it should...

ALAIN
18-04-2004, 17:07
:) i did a test with my printer :

HP 930C, USB port (9101, mode raw) : working fine

The firmware is 1-7-5-6 release 2 ( my router is a WL500b and i used the recovery mode to ulpload this firmware).
I use a "noname" USB hub between the router and the printer.
I have also conneected on this hub :
- a philips webcam PCVC675K : working
- a USB2 HDD (case "connectland", 2.5") : working

I also now have voice, video, file transfer and webcam with MSN Messenger (with the previous firmwares, i had only the webcam!).

Congratulations for your job Oleg.

ebakke
19-04-2004, 11:53
Tried the test firmware, but unfortunately got exactly the same problem.
Printer is an HP PSC 2210.

Below the log:

Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Oops in fault.c::do_page_fault, line 192:
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: $0 : 00000000 c00a0000 0000006e c00a77a7 c00a7f3f 00000000 ffffffff c00a7ef8
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: $8 : 00004366 0000000a 00000000 00000000 8019132a fffffff9 0000000a 807bdcb2
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: $16: 00000001 80133058 80a2cc02 00000000 807fc3b8 80ac2800 00000000 c009c460
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: $24: ffffffff 00000002 807bc000 807bdde0 00000000 c00a5440
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Hi : 00000000
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Lo : 00000042
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: epc : c00a53b4 Not tainted
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Status: 1000fc03
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Cause : 00000008
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Process khubd (pid: 533, stackpage=807bc000)
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Stack: c00a773c 00000000 0000009e 80a2cc02 00000001 00000000 80a2cc00
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: 000003ff 80ac2a00 c00a5000 c00a7844 80010fac c00a6ec8 c00a6e4c c00a79c0
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: 80183a64 807fc6a0 00000002 00000001 00000000 00000002 000003f0 00002911
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: 807fc383 0030706c 80ac49e0 c00a7df8 00000001 c00a7db4 c00a7e18 c008b484
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: c008bf90 00000190 c0080008 c009c5e0 80010fac 80ac2828 00000018 00000002
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: 80ac2800 ...
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Call Trace: [<c00a773c>] [<c00a7844>] [<80010fac>] [<c00a6ec8>] [<c00a6e4c>]
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: [<c00a79c0>] [<c00a7df8>] [<c00a7db4>] [<c00a7e18>] [<c008b484>] [<c008bf90>]
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: [<c0080008>] [<c009c5e0>] [<80010fac>] [<c008b2c4>] [<c008b0f4>] [<c008b960>]
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: [<c0095fc4>] [<80010fac>] [<c009c4c4>] [<c008e4d4>] [<c008e460>] [<80010fac>]
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: [<c0090964>] [<c009a7ac>] [<c00901c4>] [<c008f2fc>] [<80010fac>] [<c00906d0>]
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: [<c0090ca0>] [<8000d04c>] [<8000cda8>] [<c009c4d0>] [<8000eb64>] [<8000ea80>]
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: [<c009c4e0>] [<c009c4d0>] [<c0090a50>] [<c0090fe4>] [<800113f4>] ...
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd:
Apr 18 13:15:22 WL500g user.warn klogd: Code: 10a00021 00008021 24a50004 <80a30000> 2402003b 10620003 00003021 1200000c 00a01821

Pandabeer
19-04-2004, 11:54
You tried it with th IP port and 9101 for USB?

Josephus
19-04-2004, 12:18
There's no need to test it with the print daemon, because it's not starting, and the printer module crashes...

I'm wondering why All-in-One printers not working with this.
(Yeah my Borther printer also a scanner, fax, photocopy, and things like that )

ebakke
19-04-2004, 12:23
With the standard Asus firmware the printer is working, including the card reader.

naruto
25-04-2004, 23:05
1000 THX to OLEG :D :D :D :D

the new driver works 100% with my Epson Stylus Photo R300 :D


THX
THX

Oleg
26-04-2004, 18:26
Originally posted by ebakke
With the standard Asus firmware the printer is working, including the card reader.
Ok, I will try to determine the reason for that. Stay tuned, probably I will ask you for additional information.

Oleg
26-04-2004, 19:21
Finally what is needed: to whom who has kernel oopses, please perform these steps - boot with printer attached, establish the telnet/ssh session and execute these commands:


/init/ftpdserver
mount -t ramfs none /mnt/usbfs/
cp /proc/ksyms /proc/modules /etc/linuxigd/syslog.log /mnt/usbfs/
stupid-ftpd


You need to have ftp server enabled in the system settings. Probably there will be an errors during the execution of the first command, but this is ok. Also, no USB drive required for this to work. You need to use latest test firmware.

After that you should start the ftp client and connect to wl500g via ftp. Copy 3 files named ksyms, modules & syslog.log to your local drive, compress(zip) them and attach to the reply of this message.

Oleg
01-05-2004, 09:33
Guys, finally it's seems I've found an error in the ASUS stuff. Please try using this (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/1.7.5.6-test3.trx) firmware. Hopefully it will fix kernel oopses. Please let me know if it's working now.
Regards, Oleg.

ebakke
02-05-2004, 17:11
Tested the latest firmware (test3). Unfortunately I still have problems, although seems to recognize the printer.

Attached the log with the Oops error.

2 questions.

One question I have, related to published rootfs, do I need to update that as well? If so, how should I do this, as I cannot find any info related to that.

Other question, are the bootloader (2.2) and hardware (1.0) version also important?

Let me know if I need to do some other tests.

Erik

Oleg
02-05-2004, 17:53
Ok, found another piece of shit. Try this one (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/1.7.5.6-test4.trx).
For others - no & no.