PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Does any of you have run sqlite successful ?

thuyet
31-05-2005, 22:14
Hello,
I've installed Oleg's firmware, and run php web server successfully ( thanks Macsat :) ). But when I try to use sqlite I have this error and can't find out how to fix it :
"malformed database schema - unable to open a temporary database file for storing temporary tables" . :(
Does any of you have run sqlite succesfully ? If yes how did you do it ?

( sorry for my poor english )

Thuyet

P.S : same thing for php-mysql ipkg package.

Styno
01-06-2005, 07:45
"malformed database schema - unable to open a temporary database file for storing temporary tables" . :( Because you have problems with temporary database files I suspect sqlite tries to create these tables in /tmp. But when the database runs with user nobody or something else non-admin then it has no write access to /tmp. I think you should look in that direction.

Does any of you have run sqlite succesfully ? If yes how did you do it ?
A little search would return this: http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=15637&postcount=26

thuyet
01-06-2005, 08:54
Hello all,

Thank you Styno, I've chmod 777 tmp directory, and now everything works very well.:-)
But now I just wondering if is it "dangerous" to do a chmod 777 on the tmp directory

Thanks a lot

Thuyet

Styno
01-06-2005, 09:23
But now I just wondering if is it "dangerous" to do a chmod 777 on the tmp directory
I don't think it's a security risk, but you can try to create another directory where sqlite stores it's temporary tables with the proper access rights. But sqlite will have to support that (i.e. have an configuration option for that). Otherwise the current solution is fine.