PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Setting access rights for anonymous FTP user

Styno
09-04-2004, 21:41
As I don't have access to a linux machine I would like to make a plea to Oleg (or anyone else who's able to create new firmware) to add an option to the webinterface where the default access rights of the anonymous user can be set.

In \init\ftpserver the anonymous user is added to \tmp\stupid-ftp.conf like this:

if [ "$x_FIsAnonymous" = "1" ]; then
echo -e "user=anonymous * // 0 A" >> /tmp/stupid-ftpd.confIf the anonymous account is enabled it will be given the A (A - allows EVERYTHING(!)) access rights. In my situation I would like to have anonymous access but with limited rights. This would make it look like this:

echo -e "user=anonymous * // 0 $x_FIsAnonymousRights" >> /tmp/stupid-ftpd.confOr even better with an adjustable base path:

echo -e "user=anonymous * $x_FIsAnonymousPath 0 $x_FIsAnonymousRights" >> /tmp/stupid-ftpd.confWould you be so kind to add this feature? I would really appriciate it!

Styno
09-04-2004, 22:02
Oops, I just discovered that disabling anonymous access and creating a user 'anonymous' with password '*' works exacly like a real anonymous user. There's no need to do the patching of the firmware anymore.

This doesn't mean that its weird to see that, when anonymous access is allowed, all users have the same rights as a superuser but without having to logon for that :confused: