PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Connecting other usb-devices?

Snigel
27-11-2003, 05:47
Well since we now know how to gain access to the router wouldn't we be able to maybe implement support for other devices such as usb- bluetooth or support for more webcams?

Antiloop
28-11-2003, 01:40
Originally posted by Snigel
Well since we now know how to gain access to the router wouldn't we be able to maybe implement support for other devices such as usb- bluetooth or support for more webcams?

yes it should be possible, the problem which will occur is that we can't save anything to the firmware itselfs

which means that when the router reboots itselfs, we have to start/load things by hand over and over.

in the mean time we still have to wait untill Asus Taiwan releases the source, and they have to because they are violating the GPL license.

rrrs
11-12-2003, 22:09
HI!

You can see the filesystem in the router by watching the firmware update.

I've seen it and it's not very diferent from the linksys wrt54g. Basically the file is a linux kernel (2.4.5) anda a cramfs filesystem. Its not hard to mount the cram fs to see whats in there. But to make a new cramfs boot image..... that i still don't know. :)

Anyway, i belive that it should be possible to user the "ping feature " to add new modules to the kernel.

RR

Antiloop
11-12-2003, 22:20
we don't have a ping feature.. we just have a System Command page.. much simpeler :)

also we can activite the internal FTP and adjust the location to the ROOT of the router.. so we can modify/upload new stuff

only because it's a static firmware offcourse.. we can't change it on the fly :(

and i know they already have rebuilded a firmware for the WRT54g

Marrik
17-12-2003, 10:06
We can always automate the upload to the asus (like the powerboost script).
Then after a reboot or firmware upgrade the new usb settings will be activated again.