PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Logitech sphere - Webcam control software

soepkip
23-05-2005, 17:12
Okee, na afgelopen weekend met 2 wl-500g 's the hebben gekloot ben ik wat interessants tegengekomen.
(1 ftp & samba via usb-hd, + ssh server en wireless in hybid mode, aangesloten op het netwerk, de andere wireless in hybrid mode en via bridging via 1ste wl-500g aangesloten op netwerk, dus voor de rest stand alone, maar met logitech sphere aangesloten om als wireless webcam te fungeren)

De logitech sphere werkt perfect (onder firmware v1.9.2.7 CR5) maar ik zou natuurlijk het liefst de pan en tilt functie via een webinterface kunnen bedienen.

nu ben ik deze: http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome
pagina tegen gekomen, en specifiek voor de sphere deze: http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/LogitechSphereControl

en dit lijkt me erg interessant :)

Ik ga proberen om deze zooi werkend te krijgen op de WL-500g, en als er nog meer mensen zijn die een logitech sphere bezitten zou het leuk zijn om dit met meerdere te proberen aan de praat te krijgen, alle hulp is welkom...

//edit
mmm nog een interessant linkje tegengekomen:
http://www.fastpath.it/products/palantir/
http://www.fastpath.it/products/palantir/faq.html#7

sandoval
02-06-2005, 15:58
Ey, is het je gelukt?

Ik heb ook een sphere, het zou gaaf zijn als het via remote zou lukken!

Agent_S

soepkip
03-06-2005, 10:39
Het lijkt allemaal erg hoopvol, ik ben aan het klooien met
http://www.fastpath.it/products/palantir/

en het ziet er veelbelovend uit, ik moet nu nog even een usb-hub scoren, om een memorystick en de webcam tegelijk aan te kunnen sluiten.

Dus binnenkort meer

sandoval
06-06-2005, 20:00
Ik heb die palantir mips nu draaien, maar daar lijkt geen x y z coord. in te zitten...

Stomme vraag, maar hoe compile je zelf die palantir versie voor een mips platform?

soepkip
14-06-2005, 12:10
check: http://www.fastpath.it/products/palantir/faq.html#7

Ik heb palantir draaien, die client werkt ook goed, kan de camera pan/tilt goed besturen. ik ben alleen nog aan het klooien met de resolutie instellinge, voor hogere resulutie heb ik pcwx driver nodig, maar het lukt me maar niet deze te instaleren. wanneer dit werkt zal ik alleen de zoomfunctie nog willen implementeren.

WlanMan
15-06-2005, 14:11
Wanneer dit werkt zal ik alleen de zoomfunctie nog willen implementeren.
Hi, i know this is the dutch forum, but i hope i have understand this and you want the zoom. yes, it is not implemented in palantir and i dont know if you realy want it. the cam has a natice resolution of 640x480 which the pcx should support, at least in version 9 or the newer ones which are from a differend coder.
The zoom on windows works bei using a window out of the picture and interpolating up to normal resolution by the driver, so i expect not to get very excelent results from it. Maybe this is wrong, i have not seen a zoomed picture, but interpolating pictures is usally not very nice.

Greets

soepkip
15-06-2005, 14:18
You understood it correctly WlanMan, Mostly the dutch don't mind using english language instead of their own.

The zoom issue is not my biggest problem at the moment, when time comes i can maybe fiddle around in the Applet class which i'm trying to use in the web-page control.

The problem i'm having now is that for some reason i'm not able to install the pcwx driver (as stated by you as well, needed for the 640x480 resolution)

it is not listed in the ipkg tree, and when i try to install it manually i'm getting read-only filesytem errors.

WlanMan
15-06-2005, 18:30
it is not listed in the ipkg tree, and when i try to install it manually i'm getting read-only filesytem errors.
The pwc9 binary drivers worked for me on the firmware two or three releases ago in the way described in the palantir thread. Since i had to give back my long-term borrowed (:)) philips cam i cant try it out again at the moment. Sry.
Maybe you can try to compile the newer pwcx driver into the kernel source ?

Greets

soepkip
16-06-2005, 16:37
Do you mean this thread ?: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1362&highlight=palantir

cause i can't get it to work, maybe i have the wrong set of binaries ??.

i'm using firmware: v1.9.2.7 CR5a [Oleg]

soepkip
16-06-2005, 22:47
ok, i redownloaded the pwc 9 and pwc 9 sources, but i guess i'm to much a noob to patch it into the kernel,
then i thought i'll just insmod the pwcx module, cause pwc is running fine, but when i insmod -f pwcx.o i'm getting "Using /opt/palantir/bin/pwcx.o
insmod: init_module: pwcx: Invalid argument"

.....help

WlanMan
16-06-2005, 23:16
ok, i redownloaded the pwc 9 and pwc 9 sources, but i guess i'm to much a noob to patch it into the kernel,
then i thought i'll just insmod the pwcx module, cause pwc is running fine, but when i insmod -f pwcx.o i'm getting "Using /opt/palantir/bin/pwcx.o
insmod: init_module: pwcx: Invalid argument"

Hi dear

You have to follow the instructions given in the thread if there are any.
In short, you have to disable the loading of the webcam drivers from the web interface if you havenīt done allready.
Then you nead to load the new pwc and pwcx from the 9 series manualy by insmod before you start the palantir server. this can all be done by a script, so you will not have any disadvantage of this. For scripting look for the postboot script in the forum, or use the start script which can be put onto harddrive and whose filename has to be put into the harddisk dialog of the configuration website.

The binary pwcx module needs to be exactly for the loaded pwc driver, so you cant load the 9er pwcx to the 8er pwc present in the firmware. you dont need to compile the 9er into the kernal, just load it right :). Sorces are not needet, and forcing with -f will not bring the 9er with the 8 one to work.

Greets

soepkip
17-06-2005, 10:18
Wlanman, i do all that,
Auto loading disabled, and in my post-boot i have:

insmod videodev.o
insmod pwc.o
insmod pwcx.o
./opt/palantir/bin/palantir

but insmod pwcx.o doesn't work
I think my problem is that the pcwx module which is loaded is the one supplied whith the firmware: v1.9.2.7 CR5a, which resides in: /lib/[kernel version]/modules/driers/usb.

But i cannot remove this one, cause that filesystem is read-only. so i put my pwc and pwcx in: /opt/palantir/drivers/. (opt is mounted on ext flash drive)

and if i call insmod /opt/palantir/drivers/pwc.o and insmod /opt/palantir/drivers/pwcx.o it still doesn't work (pwc.o loads fine, but maybe the "old version in: /lib/[kernel version]/modules/driers/usb is loaded ?)

I login as admin, maybe i need root to delete the old pwc.o ? but what is the passwd ??

WlanMan
19-06-2005, 12:42
Hi

I have tried now, without a philips cam though.
If you use the complete path to the new pwc AND pwcx modules with insmod it works fine here, getting the correct version message in dmesg output.
But remember as written in the thread that the 9er pwc seems not to have pan and tilt working, i dont know.

admin user is root, its just a name in this case, and there is no other login acount. but you can change the login name from the web interface, its just cosmetical.
deleting the kernel drivers is not possible (and not needet) since they reside in the readonly filesystem.

Greets

Wlanman, i do all that,
Auto loading disabled, and in my post-boot i have:

insmod videodev.o
insmod pwc.o
insmod pwcx.o

but insmod pwcx.o doesn't work
I think my problem is that the pcwx module which is loaded is the one supplied whith the firmware: v1.9.2.7 CR5a, which resides in: /lib/[kernel version]/modules/driers/usb.

But i cannot remove this one, cause that filesystem is read-only. so i put my pwc and pwcx in: /opt/palantir/drivers/. (opt is mounted on ext flash drive)

and if i call insmod /opt/palantir/drivers/pwc.o and insmod /opt/palantir/drivers/pwcx.o it still doesn't work (pwc.o loads fine, but maybe the "old version in: /lib/[kernel version]/modules/driers/usb is loaded ?)

I login as admin, maybe i need root to delete the old pwc.o ? but what is the passwd ??

soepkip
19-06-2005, 16:51
Finally i got it loaded, whith:

insmod videodev.o
insmod -f /opt/palantir/bin/pwc.o /dev/v4l/video0
insmod -f /opt/palantir/bin/pwcx.o /dev/v4l/video0

now i,m gonne do some tweaks and tests, keep you posted !

//followup
I've got the thing working alright, but for some reason when i'm putting my webcam at 640x480 i get a segmentation fault after one frame..
someone knows why ?

soepkip
20-06-2005, 10:19
Strange, at 320x240 it works fine.....but offcourse i want 640x480, but one frame isn't good enough :(

WlanMan
20-06-2005, 18:52
Strange, at 320x240 it works fine.....but offcourse i want 640x480, but one frame isn't good enough :(

i havent set the config to 160x120 without a reason, the jpeg compression needs quite a lot of power. Maybe a 500gx is capable to serve better framerates, but in 500g you have to live with 1 to 8fps, sorry.
Does the cameye movement work for you with the 9er driver ??
After all, this is stil a router, no video workstation ;).

Greets

soepkip
20-06-2005, 21:23
1 fps wouldn't be a problem, as long as it is 640x480, but just 1 frame and then nothing is not good enough :)

btw, i remenber that you could symply overclock the linksys 54G, did't it have the same hardware as the wl-500g ?... i could clock it to 500gx specs :)

you really think the segmentation fault is because the mips cpu can't handle it ?

Antiloop
20-06-2005, 23:51
1 fps wouldn't be a problem, as long as it is 640x480, but just 1 frame and then nothing is not good enough :)

btw, i remenber that you could symply overclock the linksys 54G, did't it have the same hardware as the wl-500g ?... i could clock it to 500gx specs :)

you really think the segmentation fault is because the mips cpu can't handle it ?
don't try to overclock your wl500g

we (Oleg and I) have already tried it with no success, the device will end up in a rebooting loop or at your option maybe in unusable device

WlanMan
21-06-2005, 12:00
//followup
I've got the thing working alright, but for some reason when i'm putting my webcam at 640x480 i get a segmentation fault after one frame..
someone knows why ?

Hi
Sorry, i havenīt seen your followup.
The Segfault should have nothing to do with the cpu power, i used the 8er driver with palantir and other stuff at the same time, with 100% load and nothing happened.
You should contact the publisher of the 9er driver here in the forum, i can just say the 9er worked for me, but i cant remember if i had tested it with 640x480 resolution. For my opinion, you should be happy with 320x240 or 322x288 and enjoy your pan-tilt device :).
Or someone is so friendly and trys to get the new opensource drivers into the firmware ...

Greets

soepkip
22-06-2005, 11:45
Pan/ tilt only works whith the pwc that came whith Oleg's firmware,

whith pwc9.0.2 it doesn't work
whith pwc8 it doesn't work.

strange thing is that whith pwc9.0.2 and pwcx 9.0 loaded i can pan/tilt manually via setpwc