PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Wireless-2200BG-LAN-connectivity issues - 1.9.2.7-4

psylockex
13-05-2005, 12:26
All,
Firstly I dont know if this is going to help everyone but it has certainly helped me and seeing that there are still quite a few people having similar issues I thought I would share my findings.

I had a very happy WL500g working fine for a year and then wanted more!!! So I upgraded to a different customer fw 1.9.2.7-4 and all seemed fine for a while,in fact a short while. Then I started getting loss of connectivity mostly Wireless but also Lan, after much frustration and testing I found a setup that works and seems to work very well, 64 days no problems or reboots.

The issue seems ( as many have already cited ) to be around the Intel 2200BG wireless adapter. I could go through everything I found, but I wont, if anyone wants that information then feel free tocontact me.

KIT
WL500G 1.9.2.7-4
2200BG 8.1.0.28 Intel Driver (Fujitsu 7010S Laptop)

Symptoms :
- No Wireless connectivity
- WireLess finds AP but no recieve packets or just 1 packet.
- usually after 4 hours or greater
- So or bad throughput on LAN

All these ( for me were corrected by the following )
- I had by default an Aegis 802.1x Auth protocol installed I disabled this
and it seemed to solve the connect to AP but no comms issue.
( see first screen shot )
The settings are found under Wireless Network Connection Properties.
You may or may not have the same one but it is possible you have an entry that does the same thing 802.1x !!

- added "wl interference 2" set it to manual in Post-Boot file.
( see second screen shot )
telnet/ ssh which ever you use to the Wl500gand changeto the following path :
/usr/local/sbin
do an "ls"
If you dont have a post-boot file then read http://wl500g.dyndns.org/

and that was all......For thos sceptics, I did reverse and remove those settings and low and behold the issues came back. I have left out lots of what I tried but I guessed everyone would rather cut to the chase and test to see it it help them.

Antiloop
13-05-2005, 13:40
maybe you could try to see if this issue is present in the 1.9.2.7-5a firmware (it is using different WLAN driver)?

kwenie
13-05-2005, 23:03
FYI, see my "stuff" below. I have not experienced any connection problems with my laptop's 2200BG adapter, also not with the original Asus FW 1.8.2.1, though I feel wireless signal & stability has improved since I installed Oleg's FW (apart from other nice features)

- 2200BG intel driver V9.0.1.0 (=latest) + using Intel Proset/Wireless client
- Enabled Aegis protocol V3.1.6.0

Apart from Antiloop's advice, maybe you should just install latest Intel driver and Aegis protocol

psylockex
15-05-2005, 19:16
Ok, everyone, I was away for a few weeks and had this ready to post before 1.9.2.7-5 and 5a were released. When I came back I did a stupid thing in trying to catch up and posted this thread, before I realised about the later releases.

I have since upgraded to 5a and everything appears great so far, not so sure the wireless strength is as good with reception down to "good" downstairs where I constantly had excellent before. Still that couldbe other factors affecting that.

Kwenie - There are other bugs with upgrading to Intels 9.0.1.0 as well as not recommend for the fujitsu laptops. I did try it but found more issues with other things so rolled back. Also dont need Aegis client but did try at the time the latest and again found no improvement, again this could be down to 1.9.2.7-4 or other facors I wil prehaps revisit these updates again once I am happy with 5a.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

Styno
16-05-2005, 10:22
Closed on request of the topic starter.

Edit: Your e-mail address is fony or there's another problem:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

psylockex@o2.co.uk