PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : 500G slowly dying ? Need to reset all the time..

Koriel
11-05-2005, 14:13
Hello,

I was a relatively happy user of the 500G for a little over a year. I was able to connect my laptops and standalone via wifi without a problem. About 2 weeks ago I suddenly started having problems connecting via wifi to the router. After a lot of fiddling I managed to establish contact again. I upgraded to the (then) latest firmware, the 1.9.3.6 and for a little while everything worked again more or less.
And now I even have problems connecting via a NIC to the router.. Router appears to be not present etc... The laptops do find the router but are unable to connect to it. I even upgraded the firmware again to 1.9.4.0 beta, but to no avail.
I can solve the problem by pulling the power from the router and plugging it back in, but afte a while problem reappears..

I do have to tel you that for a long time I used the ASUS with increased power.. I think I used 40 instead of 19 or something like that.

My question is: " Did I damage the router by doing that?" "And does anyone know anyhting I could do the restore normal operations?"

Any help appreciated or I have to go out and buy another wifi router..

Koriel out

Spot
11-05-2005, 14:34
I encountered similar problem some month ago...
Is your laptop equiped with an intel 2200bg wifi card?
If yes, witch driver have you installed?

Antiloop
11-05-2005, 16:23
please also try these (found in the faq)

http://wl500g.info/faq.php?faq=asus_wl_x#faq_wirelesslowslowdropsconn ection

Koriel
11-05-2005, 21:05
Thanks for the replies all,

But I couldn't wait to get my network up and running, I really need it badly!!

So I went out on my bike to mediaworld and got myself an other router. Got that one up and running without any problems.. so my network is up and running again.

So I have a WL500G for sale ... anyone interested? mail me at jeroen(at)wedda(dot)nl

JW

Antiloop
12-05-2005, 00:06
Thanks for the replies all,

But I couldn't wait to get my network up and running, I really need it badly!!

So I went out on my bike to mediaworld and got myself an other router. Got that one up and running without any problems.. so my network is up and running again.

So I have a WL500G for sale ... anyone interested? mail me at jeroen(at)wedda(dot)nl

JW

see this thread for your wl500g: 2133 :D