PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : How to compile ospfd ??

megy
05-04-2004, 16:39
I tried to compile OSPFD, it's done without problem but it does not run on the WL-500b.
It just writes in the console this>
./ospfd: error while loading shared libraries: ./ospfd: symbol setregid, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

I used the gcc-mipsel tools distributed with ASUS GPL source.

Other programs run fine, but the compiled zebra,ospfd does not.

Oleg
05-04-2004, 16:49
Either link it statically or relink glibc/uclibc. See my firmwares for details.

megy
05-04-2004, 18:16
OK. I've done it. Using the make install in libopt.
It works. But the file(libc.so.6) is soooooo big, about 6 Megs.
Is there a way to compress it??? I think it is possible because yours and the original files are very small.
Also the ospfd is very big, abou 3megs.

hwsoft
06-04-2004, 08:08
Originally posted by megy
OK. I've done it. Using the make install in libopt.
It works. But the file is soooooo big, about 6 Megs.
Is there a way to compress it??? I think it is because yours and the original files are very small.
Also the ospfd is very big, abou 3megs.

When you staticaly linked wit uClib, and optimize for size and strip the debug, the OSPF may be only about 150kbyte.

Do you have corect parametr for gcc in Makefile?

taufer
10-04-2004, 22:08
Originally posted by hwsoft
When you staticaly linked wit uClib, and optimize for size and strip the debug, the OSPF may be only about 150kbyte.

Do you have corect parametr for gcc in Makefile?

Would you be so kind and public the binary and makefile somewhere on web for download. Do you have if for 1.7.5.6-2 Oleg fw ??

Thanks ( Díky ):)

Pavel

taufer
16-04-2004, 10:40
Originally posted by Oleg
Either link it statically or relink glibc/uclibc. See my firmwares for details.

Hi Oleg,

would you be so kind and publish steps for beginers with linux how compile OSPFD and ZEBRA for your new fw or offer binaries which work with your 1.7.5.6-2 firmware.

Thanks you very much :cool:

Pavel

Oleg
16-04-2004, 13:45
Compiling zebra is not a trivial thing for the beginners. :) So, I can't even suggest something. You need to have basic knowledge for cross-compiling.
But if you smart enough (just jokeing :) ) you can try downloading my firmware and examine the makefile. Probably you will find the answers on how to add/replace programs.

Basically, you need to download ASUS supplied sources, install the toolchain as described in their README, then download the source tarball from my site, uncompress it (using tar xjf xxx.tar.bz2) and type make to build the firmware. Also you need a Linux box & root rights for building this.

taufer
20-04-2004, 20:55
Originally posted by Oleg
Compiling zebra is not a trivial thing for the beginners. :) So, I can't even suggest something. You need to have basic knowledge for cross-compiling.
But if you smart enough (just jokeing :) ) you can try downloading my firmware and examine the makefile. Probably you will find the answers on how to add/replace programs.

Basically, you need to download ASUS supplied sources, install the toolchain as described in their README, then download the source tarball from my site, uncompress it (using tar xjf xxx.tar.bz2) and type make to build the firmware. Also you need a Linux box & root rights for building this.

Hi Oleg,

I did, all your recommendatin. Thanks for it. I downloaded zebra-94.tar.gz and added next lines to your makefile of wl500-1.7.5.6-2 source package (wl500g-1.7.5.6-2.tar 10661150 bytes )

ZEBRA=zebra-0.94
STRIP_ZEBRA=mipsel-linux-strip --strip-debug --strip-unneeded

$(TOP)/zebra/config.h: $(ZEBRA).tar.gz
@rm -rf $(TOP)/$(ZEBRA) $(TOP)/zebra
tar xzvf $(ZEBRA).tar.gz -C $(TOP)
cd $(TOP)/$(ZEBRA) && \
CC=$(CC) ./configure --host=mipsel-linux --build=i686-linux --disable-ipv6 \
--disable-ripngd --disable-ospf6d --disable-bgpd --disable-bgpd-announce
mv $(TOP)/$(ZEBRA) $(TOP)/zebra

zebra: $(TOP)/zebra/config.h
make -C $(TOP)/zebra

zebra-install: zebra
install -d $(PREFIX)/usr/sbin $(PREFIX)/usr/bin
$(STRIP_ZEBRA) $(TOP)/zebra/zebra/zebra
$(STRIP_ZEBRA) $(TOP)/zebra/ospfd/ospfd
install $(TOP)/zebra/zebra/zebra $(PREFIX)/usr/sbin/zebra
install $(TOP)/zebra/ospfd/ospfd $(PREFIX)/usr/sbin/ospfd

I was able to compile new new linux.trx with size 3928064 bytes size. Is it possible to upload so big firmware to wl500?? Do you know the max size of firmware , which is possible to upload to wl500 box ??

Thanks Pavel

Size of compiled zebra is 311252 bytes and ospfd is 746120 bytes

Oleg
26-04-2004, 20:28
Good work. No, this is too big to fit in the flash. The maximum firmware size is 3801088 bytes.

Try using this command for stripping
mipsel-linux-strip --remove-section=.comment --remove-section=.note

xtraya
19-07-2005, 14:34
is it possible to use zebra and ospfd from usb flash disc? just autoexec it after reboot?