PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : an oleg wiki?

wpte
08-03-2010, 20:52
This forum contains a lot of how-to's and knowledge
The only downside is that most of these threads and posts are outdated after a while and that there is not really a good way of clearly writing down these things.
Also the search function is quite limited, I mean, you can usually find stuff but it's definitely not the best search function ever.

I've been thinking about creating a wiki for a long time, since it's a good way to start discussions and optimize information way better than in forums.
Ofcourse such a page would never replace this forum since forums are ment for talking, sharing and helping and discussions are formed in a different way than in wiki's.
The wiki page would be more of a reference work, to get the main, basic information.

Creating a wiki is not hard these days, a good site is wikia.com which is free:)
so... what are the opinions about a wiki like this?:)

lly
09-03-2010, 09:46
Wiki will be great, but nobody want to maintain it yet.

myschoo
09-03-2010, 16:58
wiki would be definitely awesome ;)

wengi
09-03-2010, 17:15
As far as i know we had a wiki for years.
But no one used it....

It was deleted one or two years ago.

wengi

Copter
12-03-2010, 17:29
Guess that would make sens. The knowledge would be much more strucktured in a wiki.

What about google wave for talking, sharing and helping? Has anyone tried it yet?

theMIROn
12-03-2010, 18:29
As far as i know we had a wiki for years.
But no one used it....

It was deleted one or two years ago.

wengi

would you (or wpte) like to maintain wiki on wl500g.googlecode.com?

wpte
12-03-2010, 18:35
would you (or wpte) like to maintain wiki on wl500g.googlecode.com?

and that's going to be a wiki like wikipedia? where you can have discussions on the correctness:p

I don't mind maintaining wiki's, it's just I think that there should be general support from the people who are going to use it. If people don't like the idea there is no reason to put it up:)

but the poll is quite clear already I guess:D

theMIROn
12-03-2010, 19:37
So PM me, I'll add you to wiki contributors, if you wish

wpte
12-03-2010, 21:22
So PM me, I'll add you to wiki contributors, if you wish

Thanks for the offer, but I'm unsure

You see, a wiki is about publishing information trough discussion:

Wikipedia is a free, web-based, collaborative, multilingual encyclopedia project supported by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Its name is a portmanteau of the words wiki (a technology for creating collaborative websites, from the Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick") and encyclopedia. Wikipedia's 15 million articles (3.2 million in English) have been written collaboratively by volunteers around the world, and almost all of its articles can be edited by anyone with access to the site.

The wiki pages on googlecode are a good way to tell users of the software how to do something, but eventually there is no way to discuss the contents of an article.
wiki's are opensource, and should be accessible to anyone to change and modify under the one rule that it should be objective, correct information.

or am I thinking to radical here?:p

theMIROn
12-03-2010, 22:10
The wiki pages on googlecode are a good way to tell users of the software how to do something, but eventually there is no way to discuss the contents of an article.
wiki's are opensource, and should be accessible to anyone to change and modify under the one rule that it should be objective, correct information.
google aproach is give access according to access list, controlled project owner.
a bit of paranoia, but I'm agree, 'coz had to cleanup wiki of another my project from spam and vandal inscriptions...
moreover, there're googlecode groups, eg. http://groups.google.com/group/wl500g-wiki

or am I thinking to radical here?:p
at some point of view :)