PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : 1.9.2.7-5 Minor Enhancement Pack

tomilius
06-05-2005, 05:46
MOST IMPORTANT! DO NOT USE THIS YET!

IMPORTANT!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS FIRMWARE HAS NOT UNDERGONE EXTENSIVE TESTING. EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT! (in regard to things going wrong with this firmware)

(I was having WAN speed problems at first but somehow they went away; I think the router needed to cool down, but no problems since.)

Well, I have some inter-release "enhancements" (modifications; I didn't actually CREATE any of them, just applied/enabled them). I thought I'd share with any of you interested, and hopefully they'll be incorporated in the next firmware.

Netfilter/firewall changes

iptables extensions (/kernel patches)

quota match support
Multiple port match support
Multiple port with ranges match support
recent match support
- allows IP addresses to be placed in dynamic lists
random match support
psd match support
- TCP port scan detection
Nth match support
- perform actions on every "nth" packet
TTL match support
Connections/IP limit match support
- iplimit: limit number of tcp connections for a port/range (see Google)
String match support (EXPERIMENTAL)
- create rules based on strings detected in packets
MIRROR target support (EXPERIMENTAL)
TARPIT target support (EXPERIMENTAL)
- catch evil-doers in pits of tar in which they can't escape for minutes (thanks to the inner workings of tcp)
TTL target support

ebtables
- "bridge" equivalent of iptables (basically)
- set rules for wired/wireless separately

filter table support
nat table support
broute table support
log support
IP filter support
ARP filter support
802.1Q VLAN filter support
mark filter support
snat target support
dnat target support
redirect target support
mark target support

QoS: Firewall based classifier
- ability to use iptables marks to shape traffic (in wondershaper)
dnsmasq updated
- dnsmasq to 2.22 (Google to see changelog; this version fixes some stuff and stuff)

That's all that's changed, I think.
The patch to an already-1.9.2.7-5-patched source is available here (http://nochances.net/files/wl-500g/patches/wl500g-1.9.2.7-5-enh-1.patch.bz2).

Get the patched firmware here (http://nochances.net/files/wl-500g/firmware/WL500g-1.9.2.7-5-enh.trx).

Oleg
06-05-2005, 09:05
tomilius, a note about good patches. :)

I could not apply your patch completely at the moment, the reason is that new packages or updated packages, which are coming from sources - I mean ebtables, iptables, dnsmasq should not go directly to gateway (as this directory gets constructed from the actual sources), instead .tar.gz and .tar.bz2 should go to the wl500g-1.9.2.7-5 dir, patches against these sources should go to the same dir.
Just think of how I'm maintaining this stuff.
On the other hand if you patch something from the router directory (I mean sources which was not converted yet), make a diff against original gateway dir and your version (this applies to Makefile - and your patch is fine in this case). The same applies to kernel - your patch is fine.

I hope you are now understand the things I'm talking about. As otherwise before using your patch I would need to convert iptables/ebtables/dnsmasq to proper things and check for any customizations you've done, but this requires too many time...

tomilius
06-05-2005, 09:09
Aha, I see. I was just happy about figuring out how to make a patch at all! But... I'll try to get it the more appropriate way.

snark
29-06-2005, 08:25
Get the patched firmware here (http://nochances.net/files/wl-500g/firmware/WL500g-1.9.2.7-5-enh.trx).did it work on wl500gx?