PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : DynDNS Client - newB question

fredo
05-03-2004, 09:03
Hello,

is it possible to add an other Dynamic DNS service to the WL500G?

I would like to use the http://hn.org/ service that is great and work with any domain name... but I did not find how to do this !

Thanks

Fredo, Brussels

my version is 1.6.5.3

peteredhair
05-04-2004, 14:14
Has anoyone got the DynDNS client to work ?

Any ideias on how-to workaround this problem ?

Thanks
Pete

-----------------------

I configured the DDNS client throught the web interface (i'm using the lastest firmware from ASUS - 1.7.5.6).

Whenever my IP changes the DDNS client doesn't update the ip address of my domain (on dyndns.org).

Also if i click on the Manual "Update" it also doesn't update the ip on dyndns, doesn't report error, simply refreshes the page.

Performed the firmware update twice, everything seems to run ok, but didn't solve the problem.

There's nothing in the log that relates to DDNS.

Thanks
Pete

Antiloop
05-04-2004, 14:46
maybe it's handy to supply more information, please edit your post

tell us what you've tried,
what your problems are
what firmware are you using
how do you test to see it fails ?

Oleg
05-04-2004, 14:59
I'm using dyndns and it works fine.

Regards,
Oleg.

erik_bies
06-04-2004, 01:15
I've got troubles getting it to work, maybe you have the same.
My provider does not allow direct connections on port 80.

This means that most normal web traffic needs to go via their http proxy. As the box seems to use the standard 80 port for updating, it will not update for me.

As an alternative you could run some of the free DNS update utilities on your PC. mostly they pickup the correct public IP (the one your router got), and use that for updating.

peteredhair
06-04-2004, 10:20
My provider allows all incoming and outgoing ports without proxy.

I'm running a Debian Linux box on it right now without proxy.

The Debian Box get the ip adress for WAN using DHCP updates the DDNS DNS Record using the ipchech dyndns client, and i have apache, postfix, sshd...,running.

What i wanted was to add wireless to my home network and at the same time have a PC with full access to the net, at the moment i'm limited by my own proxies for safety reasons, but that's only on my internal clients not the server.

Adding the router between my cable modem and my Linux Box requires that the router updates the dynamic ip address of my domain dns record on dyndns, and that it forwards all incoming requests for a certain port to an internal server.

At the moment i'm having trouble updating the ip address using the DynDNS, i still didn't check if ip forwarding works ok.

I'll check that today.

Thanks
Pete

peteredhair
09-04-2004, 02:03
Sorry for the delay.

Here's what i've done so far.

Change the IP address on my DynDNS registration, reset my cable modem, reset my WL-500g and watched that nothing happens.

Set the DyDNS offline flag. Reset the cable modem and the router. Nothing

On DDNS config on the router, changed the domain name (DynDNS) to mydomain&system=custom (sorry forgot to tell this i know it's important) as i found reported on DynDNS.

Reset modem and router, and the offline flag on my DynDNS registration disapeared and the router ip address became the IP addres of my domain.

I had configured a virtual server on the wl-500g in order to redirect all incoming request on port 80 to my internal server but all i get is the login prompt for the router, although i have disabled the access from WAN.

Guess my problem is now on the forwarding side.
I have all firewall and filtering options disabled.

If you think i should take this to a new thread please tell, otherwise can you give me a hand here ?

Thanks
Pete

PS: Still have to make a final test on DynDNS. It'll be:

Go to DynDNS put domain offline
reset modem and router
check that the domain is back online and the ipaddress updated .
What for a lease renewal and check if the domain ip address is updated.
(Can't do it this weekend, will do it next week)

Antiloop
09-04-2004, 08:15
Originally posted by peteredhair
Reset modem and router, and the offline flag on my DynDNS registration disapeared and the router ip address became the IP addres of my domain.

I had configured a virtual server on the wl-500g in order to redirect all incoming request on port 80 to my internal server but all i get is the login prompt for the router, although i have disabled the access from WAN.

Guess my problem is now on the forwarding side.
I have all firewall and filtering options disabled.

If you think i should take this to a new thread please tell, otherwise can you give me a hand here ?

you should not, it is a fact MOST routers do not support this from their LAN side
you should ask someone else to test, or open a second internet line so you can access your IP from the internet instead of LAN

I currently do not know if this feature to do so has been added in firmware 1756CR1

peteredhair
11-04-2004, 00:00
Got it.

Next week i'll perform a new set of tests and publish the results.

Thanks for your (all) help.
Pete

infowiz
12-04-2004, 23:15
hi there.

i've been trying to get ddns to work for months unsuccessfully.

i've recently updated the firmware to the latest customized one and i've managed to track what i guess is the problem. in the ddns update script there is a line that states:
SVRIP=`wlanutil nslookup members.dyndns.org`
i've tried this command on the shell and it doesn't return any value.
i've searched the forum and the web for information on wlanutil but i haven't found anything, so i don't know what this application does....

could someone help me understand this problem?

thx

Oleg
13-04-2004, 10:00
Which command exactly you've tried to execute? I beleive it was
wlanutil nslookup members.dyndns.org
wlanutil is the the ASUS brewed util which done many different things.
My test run:

~ # wlanutil nslookup members.dyndns.org
63.208.196.94~ #

Most of ddns problems are coming from the fact, what router does not get real internet address, but instead it gets the address from some other device such as modem.

peteredhair
13-04-2004, 11:05
Did my testing.

I'm now successefully runing my WL-500g in front of my web, mail server.

Configed a virtual server and redirect is done properly to my internal server, but this only worked after i upgraded to costumized firmware RC2 from Oleg, didn't try RC1 (Thanks Oleg).

As far as DynDNS goes it seems to be updating the IP of the domain correctly but here are some diferences from what i was used to when using ipcheck (a debian package):

When i set the site offline at DynDNS the DDNS client from WL-500 doesn´t make it online when it updates the IP address, like ipcheck does.
However when i manually set the site online at DynDNS the new IP address of my domain is correct, so i think the DDNS client is working properly.

My lease hasn't expired yet so i don't know if my site will be available when i get a new IP address from my cable modem, if i get any problems i'll post again.

Things that aren't working that i need to check:

- WAN access to admin page on port 8080 is activated but it's not working.

- Can't access my site from my internal wireless net (already reported on thos forum and explained why not, it would be a nice feature to have though).

Thank you all for your help
Pete

infowiz
13-04-2004, 20:55
you may be right, but this behavior is very strange because i'm able to see my real ip address in the status section on the router's web interface.

i've also tried a normal nslookup like this:
"~# nslookup members.dyndns.org"

and i get this as result:
"Server: ns2.tvcabo.pt
Address: 212.113.161.226

Name: members.dyndns.org
Address: 63.208.196.94"

So the router is successfully getting the hostname resolved.

peteredhair
18-04-2004, 20:08
Sorry to get back to this subject, but i've trying to solve this thing about DDNS client not updating my ip.

I thought i had it solved but it's not.

However i made a new discovey.

Whenever the DHCP lease is refreshed and i get a new IP address the IP on DynDNS isn't updated, but,...., if on DynDNS config panel i set my domain offline, apply, and set it online again, the IP address is refreshed and the new IP is the current one.

Before using my WL-500g as a router to the inet i was using my linux server directly and this didn't happened.

The DDNS client i was using was ipcheck (http://packages.debian.org/stable/net/ipcheck, http://ipcheck.sourceforge.net/)

I've finally found out why !! My domain is a custom domain and that makes a diference.

What i don't know is what client is used in the WL-500g and if that client supports custom DNS.

Another thing i'd like to know is how can i see the logs on the WL-500g.
On the web interface i only see boot messages and a lot of:

Apr 17 18:50:02 WL500g user.warn klogd: ALERTIN=eth1 OUT= MAC=00:0d:a9:6c:ac:56:01:04:28:26:30:8c:08:00 SRC=213.52.97.16 DST=213.72.69.34 LEN=48 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=127 ID=11945 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=4511 DPT=135 WINDOW=16384 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

Can't see any messages regarding the DDNS client, not a single one.

Thanks again for you help
Pete

Death
21-04-2004, 16:05
Am I the only one who enabled the "use wildcards" option but it doesn't work? My IP gets updated by the WL500g at dyndns but the wildcard is not set. (Happened to me with all firmware versions...)

peteredhair
21-04-2004, 22:47
Is your domain at DynDns.org a custom domain ?

Death
22-04-2004, 06:21
No, just the "Dynamic DNS".

peteredhair
22-04-2004, 09:37
I'm having problems with DynDns but my domain is a custom domain.

There is more than one report on this forum saying that everything is working fine with DynDns, which is not my case, nevertheless i looked at the script ddnsclient and the wildcards variable is being set.

I don't get any messages in the System Log from the ddns client, it's missing the -l parameter (logs to syslog), do you have any ?

What version of firmware are you using ?

Pete

Death
22-04-2004, 10:25
At the moment custom 1.7.5.6-2 but it was the same with 1.6.5.3 and an earlier version I can't remember.

infowiz
22-04-2004, 22:21
peteredhair: try looking at this post

http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?s=&threadid=260

I describe there my problems and maybe you are having the same ones.

I haven't yet solved them, i'm still waiting for a solution :(

peteredhair
24-04-2004, 00:54
Originally posted by infowiz
you may be right, but this behavior is very strange because i'm able to see my real ip address in the status section on the router's web interface.

i've also tried a normal nslookup like this:
"~# nslookup members.dyndns.org"

and i get this as result:
"Server: ns2.tvcabo.pt
Address: 212.113.161.226

Name: members.dyndns.org
Address: 63.208.196.94"

So the router is successfully getting the hostname resolved.

Only now i've found your post.

Did you solved your problem ?
I've got exactly the same problem.

when i do nslookup i get a similar result to yours (my dns server is different), but when i do a wlanutil nslookup any.domain.anything i only get a blank link, not an ip address.

When i do a ifconfig i get:

br0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0E:A6:6C:AC:56
inet addr:192.168.1.1 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:11945 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:7990 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:1706933 (1.6 MiB) TX bytes:1367248 (1.3 MiB)

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0E:A6:6C:AC:56
UP BROADCAST RUNNING PROMISC MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:6337 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1992 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:1545471 (1.4 MiB) TX bytes:355201 (346.8 KiB)
Interrupt:3 Base address:0x2000

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0E:A6:6C:AC:56
inet addr:213.22.73.208 Bcast:213.22.73.255 Mask:255.255.254.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:2965 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:6258 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:1 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:899840 (878.7 KiB) TX bytes:1380918 (1.3 MiB)
Interrupt:4 Base address:0x8000

eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0E:A6:6C:AC:56
UP BROADCAST RUNNING PROMISC MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:7015 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:1
TX packets:7519 errors:8 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:688998 (672.8 KiB) TX bytes:1433128 (1.3 MiB)
Interrupt:6 Base address:0x2000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:1030 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1030 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:94039 (91.8 KiB) TX bytes:94039 (91.8 KiB)

which i think is a normal config.

Any news on this problem ?

Thanks
Pete

kuen
29-04-2004, 07:10
my problem is the DDNS not auto update. I have tried to use the email address for logon but failed.
After changed to using the name to logon, I can manually update the IP to DynDNS.
But, only manual up!!! everytime I restart the WL500g,
the hostname will become invalid.

Another problem is the my.router, I'd manually updated the ip, but the my.router also reply me the old ip. (so, don't use the my.router's dns to verify the ip updated or not.)

regards,
kuen

peteredhair
29-04-2004, 12:23
Which command exactly you've tried to execute? I beleive it was
wlanutil nslookup members.dyndns.org
wlanutil is the the ASUS brewed util which done many different things.
My test run:

~ # wlanutil nslookup members.dyndns.org
63.208.196.94~ #

Most of ddns problems are coming from the fact, what router does not get real internet address, but instead it gets the address from some other device such as modem.

the ip address i get on the wl-500g is acheviable from the internet, and it's a public address, so i think that's not the problem.

When i ping the ipaddress response comes from the wl-500g (?).

i also have a working virtual server behind my wl-500g without problems.

I'm convinced that the ddns is not working properly because it doesn't get the address from wlanutil nslookup for members.dyndns.org.

Also the system=dyndns is fixed at the script, in my case i have a custom domain wich might also be the problem.

In order to not change anything for the ddns's that are working would it be possible to add the following in order to see if the problem could be solved :

- another entry on the service drop down menu with "www.dyndns.org (custom domain)" and change the system parameter to system=custom ?

- put the ip address from members.dyndns.org instead of having it resolved by the wlanutil nslookup ?

It could be in the beta2 that way we could test for both the dyndns and custom dns.

Thanks
Pete

Oleg
29-04-2004, 13:46
Try making your own script and put it to the /tmp. When just lauch it to see it's working.

Death
01-05-2004, 13:55
I found the source of the problem:

if [ "$x_DDNSWildcard" = "0" ]; then
WILDCARD="NO"
else
WILDCARD="YES"
fi

The problem is: YES and NO are no valid values. It's ON, OFF and NOCHG, see https://www.dyndns.org/developers/specs/syntax.html

peteredhair
01-05-2004, 17:03
Yeah i got that too.

I'll try to get a working script with the wildcards problem solved and with custom domain too.

As soon as tests prove it is working ok i'll post here.

Snigel
04-05-2004, 11:01
I cant either get ddns to work, I'm using dyndns.org but the router do some strange stuff. Like replying a IP I'm not using anymore. It doesn't update automatic either.

kuen
04-05-2004, 11:22
If I using static ip, DDNS can work even if manually changed ip (see picture). If I using auto. ip or PPPoE, it has none response. So, I think a DDNS initial function working before get the global ip caused problem.

Oleg, how to use script? Actually, I don't know linux. Would you please teach me about the script?

regards,
kuen

thomassv
29-08-2004, 12:45
Hi, all.
I have a problem with DynDNS Custom DNS (and domain name) on the wl500g.
Here is the log entries:
Aug 29 10:46:53 ddns update: connected to members.dyndns.org (63.208.196.94) on port 80.
Aug 29 10:46:53 ddns update: invalid hostname: gateway.mydomain.net

There is no problem when I use DynDNS “Dynamic DNS” host (gateway.dnsalias.net)
Mvh
Thomas

Antiloop
29-08-2004, 14:20
Hi, all.
I have a problem with DynDNS Custom DNS (and domain name) on the wl500g.
Here is the log entries:
Aug 29 10:46:53 ddns update: connected to members.dyndns.org (63.208.196.94) on port 80.
Aug 29 10:46:53 ddns update: invalid hostname: gateway.mydomain.net

There is no problem when I use DynDNS “Dynamic DNS” host (gateway.dnsalias.net)
Mvh
Thomas

hm?

what's the problem then..?

i believe you have to have another account to do so (custom ddns)

thomassv
29-08-2004, 17:07
I have a premium account with dyndns.org (custom dns) that hosts my svensrud.net domain. This domain has an host called gateway.svensrud.net and I want the wl500g to update my ip for this host. I use this host for mail(mx) and web.

Thomas

jabuaman
05-09-2004, 16:43
Hello folks,

I have just recently bought a WL500g. As I like to telnet-access the router I have already flashed it with the custom 1.7.5.9 CR5 firmware. It's all been peechy so far, apart from two problems and one question I have.

First, the router does not automatically disconnect from the Internet after the time set in the web interface. The 'TX Only' option does not change that. Is this working in the 1.8 series of firmwares (or any other)?

Second, DYNDNS is not updating. Is that a bug in the firmware or me being stupid? (Settings are correct, though, and I *think* I managed to update DYNDNS manualle from the router once.)

Third, I have read the many threads about the WAN die issue, however, I am not at all sure about the current state of affairs. Is this solved by setting the WAN connection speed to 10full (in the web interface)? Is this issue universal, ie. does it happen with all routers (and modems)? I know the issue has been covered a lot, but after reading the topics I still don't understand what's going on...

Thanks for your help, the custom firmware, this forum and for being such a cool crowd!

Jabuaman.

Oleg
05-09-2004, 20:18
First, the router does not automatically disconnect from the Internet after the time set in the web interface. The 'TX Only' option does not change that. Is this working in the 1.8 series of firmwares (or any other)?

This is due to external activity. Use search to find more.

Second, DYNDNS is not updating. Is that a bug in the firmware or me being stupid? (Settings are correct, though, and I *think* I managed to update DYNDNS manualle from the router once.)

Should work, sometimes does not work due to buggy resolv.conf parsing.

Third, I have read the many threads about the WAN die issue, however, I am not at all sure about the current state of affairs. Is this solved by setting the WAN connection speed to 10full (in the web interface)? Is this issue universal, ie. does it happen with all routers (and modems)? I know the issue has been covered a lot, but after reading the topics I still don't understand what's going on...

The problem still there even with 10full setting, but should happen less frequently. The problem is with et driver, probably it's get stressed at some point by receive errors or something. Workaround exists, which uses promisc 0 thing - use search.

jabuaman
05-09-2004, 21:09
Thanks a lot!

Just to clarify on the WAN die issue: Does this mean there is no real fix available yet? Will there ever be?

I have searched the forums for the disconnect problem, but I have not found anything particularly helpful. The only thing I can say is that it worked perfectly with the 3com router I was previously using... Is there a fix? If there is, would you care to point me to it?

Spot
12-10-2004, 10:07
Hi,

I've noticed this with fw 1.8.x.x (even with the new customized - not tested with older versions):

ntpd doesn't start at boot when I enable dyndns update.

Does someone experience the same problem?
Is there a way to make this 2 settings working toghether?

Wisi
12-10-2004, 12:13
japp, same here

but after two hours ntpd is running fine

dunno why... seems to be a bug

and as you already said, it appeared after activating dyndns

Oleg
12-10-2004, 13:43
Well, this is a known bug. I've not looked for the reason yet.

Oleg
12-10-2004, 19:07
Well, seems I've found a reason. I this firmware ASUS decided to modify nvram with last updated IP address, this results in changing of the nvram structures on the fly, causing lost of ntpclient args...
I've fixed this also, wait for next release...

Spot
12-10-2004, 21:49
Thanks a lot!
We're waitting... :D

Spot
24-10-2004, 23:34
Well, seems I've found a reason. I this firmware ASUS decided to modify nvram with last updated IP address, this results in changing of the nvram structures on the fly, causing lost of ntpclient args...
I've fixed this also, wait for next release...

I've tried 1.8.1.7-2a...
Things seem to be fixed... but after some "reboot" ntp service fails again!

I don't know if it is the reason, but it happens when I run busybox_httpd.

Now, there are two lines for ntp server settings in the web config. One with the correct parameters (time.nist.gov) and one that is blank. :o

Styno
25-10-2004, 08:32
Now, there are two lines for ntp server settings in the web config. One with the correct parameters (time.nist.gov) and one that is blank. :o
You can fill in a second timeserver as a backup for the first. Click on the url on the right of the edit-field.

I've added a national timeserver as the second timeserver. Now the time gets set immediately after reboot.

daffy
25-10-2004, 08:53
Perhaps a bit off-topic, but everyone using NTP might wish to have a look at

http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers

Using one of these "dynamic" servers should guarantee that you always talk to a near-by, working server. I, for instance, use "europe.pool.ntp.org" although I *could* talk to the official German time servers at http://www.ptb.de/de/org/q/q4/q42/ntp/ntp_main.htm, too.

Oleg
25-10-2004, 11:37
I've tried 1.8.1.7-2a...
Things seem to be fixed... but after some "reboot" ntp service fails again!

I don't know if it is the reason, but it happens when I run busybox_httpd.

Have you checked, that web iface reports version 2a? Also, you need to flash trx from the wl500g-1.8.1.7-2a.zip, not the trx in the 1.8.1.7-2a directory.

Styno
25-10-2004, 12:39
Have you checked, that web iface reports version 2a? Also, you need to flash trx from the wl500g-1.8.1.7-2a.zip, not the trx in the 1.8.1.7-2a directory.
May I ask why? (I've flashed with trx form the download dir as well, because the link was not working at the time..).

Oleg
25-10-2004, 12:55
May I ask why? (I've flashed with trx form the download dir as well, because the link was not working at the time..).
Well, files in this dir are build using ASUS batch build and not tested.

Styno
25-10-2004, 13:02
Well, files in this dir are build using ASUS batch build and not tested.
Well, firmware is working properly :D

Spot
26-10-2004, 09:43

Yes, version is 1.8.1.7-2a and it's the zipped one!

Yesterday, I've downgrade to 1.6.x.x + hardware reset, then upgrade to 1.8.1.7-2a + hardware reset... and I've made several reboots.

Since these manipulations, NTP (and dyndns update at the same time) seems to work fine :rolleyes:

I'll keep on testing.

Kwah
29-10-2004, 15:27
Since these manipulations, NTP (and dyndns update at the same time) seems to work fine :rolleyes:

Sorry, how may I check that dyndns update working? :rolleyes: I've tried something like
$cat /tmp/syslog.log | grep dns
no traces at all in log-file...

Teddy
19-07-2005, 18:20
I have a small server with bind/named running (outside of my home-network, with public static-IP), authorised for my 2nd-level com-domain. Up to now it serves just its own interfaces...

Now I want it to assign fqdn also for my wl500g/wan interface, which must be dynamically assigned when my router starts up and dis-assigned when wl500g shuts down.

I know wl500g can use some public dyndns services (like dyndns.org), but how can I use a common bind/named server for a dynamic domain_name_to_IP resolution (I have dynIP from ISP for my wl500g)??? What procedure wl500g uses for dynamic dns when contacting dyndns.org? Can the same procedure be used with a common bind/named too?

MMCM
29-09-2005, 19:39
Static DynDNS doesn't work for me either.
I have a WL-500g deluxe with WL500g-1.9.2.7-6b running from USB hard disk.

Would you send me the fix too, please?

Thanks
Martin

kraai
14-11-2005, 22:33
Hi,

I have searched for this on this forum and couldn't find it.
With a free account on dyndns a renewal is needed within every 30 days.

according to the website of dyndns:
"you may update 24-35 days after your previous update with the same IP address to "touch" the record and prevent it from expiring."

Is it possible to let the router update the account automatically ?

like this program does.
http://www.nord-vision.de/data/index.php?new_sprache=2&seite=58
regards,

kraai.

don tunante
15-11-2005, 00:14
Hi,

I have searched for this on this forum and couldn't find it.
With a free account on dyndns a renewal is needed within every 30 days.

according to the website of dyndns:
"you may update 24-35 days after your previous update with the same IP address to "touch" the record and prevent it from expiring."

Is it possible to let the router update the account automatically ?

like this program does.
http://www.nord-vision.de/data/index.php?new_sprache=2&seite=58
regards,

kraai.

if you have Oleg's fw, you can launch ez-ipupdate from your post-mount script
about ez-ipupdate configuration see: http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/user-bering-uclibc/bucu-ezipupd.html there you can find the option "max-interval"
however you may want to consider to change to their static-dns service: http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/statdns/

Grabber66
03-01-2006, 17:01
Hello,
i've tested the Dyndns-funktion of the Router.
The account works, but is redirected to the "normal" www-folder.
Can i change the dyndns-acc to the php-www folder (/opt/share/www).

thx

ACluk90
03-01-2006, 20:44
Actually DynDNS is just redirecting the Internet-Address (ex. www.ddu.dyndns.org) to your IP address. Internet browsers usally try the port 80 and it seems, that on this port another webserver, which shows the content of the "normal" www-folder, is active. So you have to change to port of the normal server for example to 8080 and the port of the php-server to 80.

Hope it helps,
ACluk90

Grabber66
03-01-2006, 21:04
Sounds good, but where can i change the ports of the webserver ?

atikman
30-08-2006, 19:22
Hi all,

I'm a bit new on firmware tweaking :) , but i did it, and flashed 1.9.2.7-7f-pre5-CDMA on my box. Everything works smoothly well, except one thing: DDNS doesn't update my IP.

I've checked the log, and a message is shown:

ddns update: could not resolve ip address for vlan1

The current IP is correctly shown on the status screen, and if I go to DynDNS.org and updtate it manually on the browser, it works beautifully. Untill the next dropped connection, that is... :(

I'm currently using an USB CDMA modem. Could it be that vlan1 doesn't correspond to the modem interface? Any other idea of what could it be?

Thanks!

Rui