PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Authentification (Freeradius, XSupplicant)

DerFuchs
03-05-2005, 09:36
Hi

I want to use a freeradius server for authentification on my WL500g. After reading several documentations and wasting nearly 2 weeks still nothing works. :-(

It seems to me that there is no traffic on my wireless port (I checked it with etherreal) only one package is send to the router from my Linux box but neither the WL500g responds anything nor the freeradiusserver gets any authentification questions. Strange. Does anyone of you have an authentification already working?

I already cheked the freeradiusserver working with a local freeradius test program.

I read that some kinds of Linuxs WLAN-Driver (orinocco?) are not able to handle certificates at all? I though this work is done by xsupplicant?

So any help will be appreciated. :-)

best wishes

kind regards

DerFuchs

Some technical details:
Freeradiusserver: 1.0.3
XSupplicant:
WL-500g: 1.9.2.27 (firmware version)
WLAN-PCMCIAL orinoco (on a 2.6.11 debian linux box)
did I forget something?

herrisom
21-06-2005, 20:26
Hi

It seems to me that there is no traffic on my wireless port (I checked it with etherreal) only one package is send to the router from my Linux box

I had a similar problem; but when combined radius authentication with WEP encryption the wireless traffic started to work. Currently I'm trying to get authenticate by PEAP ... But I encounter a problem with the certificates or maybe Windows XP supplicant.

DerFuchs I'm also very interested in configuring radius auth&acct and even more advanced features like : simple radius auth based only on username/password (i.e. minimum configuration on the client machine), timeout disconnection, ...
It seems that tomilius -- a member of this forum -- intends to prepare a document on freeradius.

tomilius could you provide us at least a skeleton doc ? we will try to review and contribute upon it ...