PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : some noob questions

luke1984
21-01-2010, 01:14
hi,

i am new to this forum just moved from linsys router with dd-wrt firmware and have some short questions:

1) after following wengi [How To] Install and Configure Olegs firmware tutorial have a problem with samba. i have to change encrypt passwords = no to "yes" to make it work in snow leopard but when i execute "flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot" after reboot it still stays in /etc/smb.conf encrypt passwords = no ?! why is it so?

2) is it possible to to make transmission work with dd-wrt firmware? anyone tried it?

many thanks to oleg for his amazing firmware and wengi for this great tutorial which made transmission installation so simple.

avberk
21-01-2010, 21:25
put the folder (/etc/smb.conf) in the file /usr/local/.files before saving to flash

Have a look here:
http://forum.transmissionbt.com/

luke1984
22-01-2010, 14:42
Adding a line /etc/smb.conf to /usr/local/.files doesn't work. still after reboot the file smb.conf stays unchanged. maybe there is some other way to write this file to flash? i really don't want to install samba as a deamon or xinitd. the one inclued in the firmware is good enought for me.

avberk
22-01-2010, 22:26
No, that's the way to do it.

try

/tmp/local/.files and then save to flash with:

flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable

Check if you don't get any error messages before rebooting.

luke1984
23-01-2010, 17:28
it doesn't work as well. this file actually looks the same as one in /usr/local/.files maybe the problem is that i use the samba built in the firmware and it overrides the setting on every reboot?

or i maybe is it possible to copy the proper smb.conf to some other directory and then add a command to some of the scripts to overwrite the smb.conf after each restart?

i swiched off samba in router gui and then it was fine, the changes i made stayed untouched after restart. but then samba itself did not start cause it was turned off. maybe any other idea?