PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL HDD as a bridge from LAN to WLAN (Internet)?

jpritzkat
01-05-2005, 21:43
Hello guys,
very nice forum here, thank you!
I have the following configuration:
cable LAN (100Mbit) with a Linux Floppydisc DSL-Router (www.fli4l.de), some cable LAN devices and one laptop with WLAN (out of use due to lack of any other WLAN-devices).
Now the Asus WL-HDD (at the moment latest default asus firmware 1.2.3.4) has arrived and at first a couldn't make out any use for the WLAN function in the Asus wl-hdd. I only use the NAS function in my cable LAN.
Anyway, i configured the asus as an accesspoint and it works fine with the laptop. I can access all cable LAN-devices in my LAN (no problem with pings). But i cannot access the internet via WLAN on the laptop when it' not connected to cable LAN. I have fixed IPs here, no DHCP. I also typed in the correct DSL-router gateway IP in the asus wl-hdd setup.
Is it possible to use the Asus WL-Hdd as a bridge from the cable LAN to WLAN with full internet access?
Thank you all in advance!
Bye,
Johannes

Magus
02-05-2005, 07:08
Hi,

Is it possible to use the Asus WL-Hdd as a bridge from the cable LAN to WLAN with full internet access?

I have good news for you. Yes, it's perfectly possible. I've used my WL-HDD as AP with laptop being able to connect to any machine in my wired network (and vice-versa), and being able to connect to internet via local proxy on wired side. Your WL-HDD acts as normal wired hub, so I think it's only the network settings (IP addr (static or DHCP), DNS, router and proxy in some conf.) that you have to correctly set-up to get connection to internet. Check it twice. I also suggest you check if some firewall or nearest switch (your local or ISP) is not filtering traffic by means of allowed MAC addresses.

Magus

jpritzkat
02-05-2005, 08:02
Hello Magus,
thank you very much, I'll check everything twice... :)

EDIT: with another Laptop and a WLAN PCMCIA it works - Internet via WLAN.

Fine!

Thanks again!