Bekijk de volledige versie : error when saving to flashfs

mosoo
05-01-2010, 16:26
Hi,

I've operated some changes on post-firewall and when I tried to do a save and reboot, I got the error below:

[chinonino@Asus sbin]$ flashfs save && flashfs commit && flashfs enable && reboot
/sbin/flashfs: line 20: cat: Permission denied
tar: removing leading '/' from member names
tar: /tmp/local: unknown file type
tar: error exit delayed from previous errors

Now I'm getting this every time I try to save. Rebooting seems to be working fine. Does anybody know what it means and what can l do to save the changes?

thx,
mosoo

newbiefan
05-01-2010, 19:34
Does anybody know what it means and what can l do to save the changes?

thx,
mosoo

Try the following:

ipkg remove bash
reboot

After reboot you can install your /opt/etc/profile according wengis HowTo again. When you install bash again, save your old profile before and restore the old profile to /opt/etc/profile. The profile installed from ipkg bash is faulty and causes such errors.

Hope it helps.

wengi
06-01-2010, 08:20
Hope it helps.
It will :D
wengi

mosoo
06-01-2010, 14:35
Thanks for the reply, tried it and worked. My problem now is that l got the same stupid error after l modified my post-firewall file. What I noticed is that after a clean install of bash (and when I had the problem) when I tried to edit a (any) file using vi, the bottom line would say "This is not a common file" and the flashfs error would return. Could this be due to a fairly big post-firewall file? (about 300 lines and 12k)

wengi
06-01-2010, 16:36
... after a clean install of bash ...
As newbiefan described: This is the problem!
You have to modify the /opt/etc/profile after a clean install of bash. (chapter 14 of my howto)
Then: do a reboot.

wengi