PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : mt-daapd itunes server

rdk
29-04-2005, 15:25
Hi

I have installed (via the fantastic ipkg package system :) Thanks also for the great howtos available!! ) mt-daapd to set up an Itunes server. My ultimate goal is to make this server via ssh tunnel available to my friends.

I have set all the necessary parameters (port, mp3 location, etc) but mt-daapd just doesn't seem to work. Also I have no error messages which show up.... and its not running when I look at the running processes?!

Somebody is running mt-daapd successfully?

Cheers,
Rainer

ps: I just thought maybe this should be in the Q&A Forum, if so you can move it there

mullog
30-04-2005, 17:07
I've managed to to install and use it, I did one change in the /etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd

/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -y -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf &

Cant remember exactly how this line is original, notice the -y -c and & in the end.

This works for me. just be patience if u have alot of mp3, it takes time to scan the library.

hope this helps

mulloG

rdk
03-05-2005, 18:42
Thanks a lot for these infos!!

I will try when I have some time :)

Regards,
Rainer

rdk
06-05-2005, 20:42
I still cannot get it to work :confused:

I have tried specifying the config file -c option and also the -y option for running it as non-root user....

Its just starting with no error messages and when I look at running processes its not showing up at all.... :(

Have you changed something else in the config file?

I just have specified the mp3 directory....

Regards,
Rainer

rdk
09-06-2005, 09:10
Finally its runnig :-) I just had to great a guest account (adduser guest) because thats what it wants to run :-)) This is just great open itunes on any PC on the lan and see the music!!
Now I just would like to be able to use howl or mdnsresponder to broadcast this server? Anyone has an idea?

Regards,
Rainer

mik
08-10-2005, 17:41
Hello,
I have a problem in starting mt-daapd.
The log file says :

Starting rendezvous daemon
Error in drop_privs: Success
Starting signal handler
Signal handler stardted

When I ps -ax no mt-daapd service is running

I tried to runas admin in the mt-daapd.conf file since admin is obviously a declared user. No way

I've read carefully the thread and I can't "adduser" !
Here is the box reply...
-sh: adduser: not found

Did I miss something ?

Thanks for the help guys !

mik
08-10-2005, 17:58
I must add that when I try to connect to 192.168.1.1:3689 with my internet browser (Firefox) the connexion is refused.

Sounds far from a solution ...

mik
08-10-2005, 18:46
Here is the solution:
in the start script /opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd I have replaced the line:
/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf
with
/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -f -d 5 -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

Don't ask me why it works like that, I don't know, and I'm happy like that.
I just wanted to share this since other guys will probably have to face the same problem.

P.S: I still don't know how to create a new user in the box, so I used runas admin in the mt-daapd.conf