PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Printer appears offline after restart

pietje
28-04-2005, 22:46
Hi all,

I must have read every post regarding printers but cannot find a solution for the problem I have....
HP815C connected to the WL-500g USB port. 3 Computers connected (wired), 2 WinXP, 1 W2K.
When I install the HP815C on either pc (LPRServer) all runs fine, but after a restart of either computer, printer shows 'offline' and will not print.
Reinstalling the printer is the only solution to get it 'online' again.
Tried 'RAW' as well, i.s.o. 'LPRServer', this port setting does not work at all, as this seems to be a setting that can only be used in 'custom' firmware versions.
WL-500g is at Asus FW. rev. 1.8.1.9.
Tnx in advance...

Antiloop
29-04-2005, 01:47
Hi all,

I must have read every post regarding printers but cannot find a solution for the problem I have....
HP815C connected to the WL-500g USB port. 3 Computers connected (wired), 2 WinXP, 1 W2K.
When I install the HP815C on either pc (LPRServer) all runs fine, but after a restart of either computer, printer shows 'offline' and will not print.
Reinstalling the printer is the only solution to get it 'online' again.
Tried 'RAW' as well, i.s.o. 'LPRServer', this port setting does not work at all, as this seems to be a setting that can only be used in 'custom' firmware versions.
WL-500g is at Asus FW. rev. 1.8.1.9.
Tnx in advance...
please try a 'custom' firmware ;)

also look at the FAQ for setting up printerport if you didn't already
I strongly suggest to not use the utility to print

pietje
10-05-2005, 21:32
I solved this problem!

Right click the installed HP815c and click "Use Printer On-line".
The printer will appear on-line now, even after a re-start.
Printing works fine now on all pc's in the network.