PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Reboots with ext2/ext3 partition

smloh
28-04-2005, 11:50
My hard drive originally had two partitions (one FAT32 and one NTFS) and worked fine with my wl-hdd (fw 1.2.3.4). After using PartitionMagic to add an Ext3 partition, the wl-hdd would keep rebooting whenever the hard drive is connected, whether through IDE or USB.

I've tried Ext2 and it gives me the same problem. Having 3 FAT32 partitions works fine though. The strangest thing is that after one of the times I juggled the partitions around, it actually worked fine with Ext3, until I rebooted the wl-hdd... and then problem came back.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

NanoCosm
28-04-2005, 13:43
My hard drive originally had two partitions (one FAT32 and one NTFS) and worked fine with my wl-hdd (fw 1.2.3.4). After using PartitionMagic to add an Ext3 partition, the wl-hdd would keep rebooting whenever the hard drive is connected, whether through IDE or USB.

I've tried Ext2 and it gives me the same problem. Having 3 FAT32 partitions works fine though. The strangest thing is that after one of the times I juggled the partitions around, it actually worked fine with Ext3, until I rebooted the wl-hdd... and then problem came back.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

Same here. I had to shred the device and reformat within WL-HDD to make it work.
On Un*X use "shred -zv -n 0 /dev/DEVICENAME" and break after several MBs shredded.

smloh
28-04-2005, 16:58
thanks! i'll try that.