PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WAN Access Problems

jkarim
03-04-2004, 17:44
I have just setup a WL-500g wireless router, but have problems getting an IP address from my internet provider. I am using a cable set-top box and have set the MAC address of my existing router (SMC Barricade) in the IPConfig/ISP MAC setting of the WL-500g.

I have upgraded the firmware to 1.7.5.6, but this has not made any difference. I have also changed the port speeds to 10Mbps, still with no joy.

If I connect my old router, I can access the WAN side OK. Any help would be much appreciated.

Antiloop
03-04-2004, 19:07
Originally posted by jkarim
I have just setup a WL-500g wireless router, but have problems getting an IP address from my internet provider. I am using a cable set-top box and have set the MAC address of my existing router (SMC Barricade) in the IPConfig/ISP MAC setting of the WL-500g.

I have upgraded the firmware to 1.7.5.6, but this has not made any difference. I have also changed the port speeds to 10Mbps, still with no joy.

If I connect my old router, I can access the WAN side OK. Any help would be much appreciated.

changing speed of port does not help when selecting this in the asus menu.

further you get a ip from dhcp, what modem are you using? which provider are you using, does your provider require a hostname ?

does you wan link light up when connecting a cable?

jkarim
04-04-2004, 00:34
Yes the ip is got via dhcp. The modem is installed inside my pace set-top box.

My provider is NTL and a hostname is not required.

Antiloop
04-04-2004, 00:47
try restoring configuration defaults also
eventually call you ISP what their logs says about your attempt to use dhcp

or ask them to release the associated mac address and register the one from your router