PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL-500g and Cisco VPN Client

Maquis
25-04-2005, 21:24
I have the WL-500g setup in Home Gateway mode, and everything works like a charm except making a connection to my office from my laptop, with the Cisco VPN Client software.

I travel a lot and need to be able to use my laptop on any network - so I can't give it a static IP address. Hence simple port-forwarding is impossible. Therefor I have set port triggering for port UDP 500, both inbound and outbound, which is what the VPN client uses for its IPSEC tunnel. The connection with the server is established, but when I try to login, I get an errormessage saying that 'the client has terminated the connection because it could not get authorization from the server' (even though my login details are ok, I've had that doublechecked). Somehow it seems that I can communicate to the server, but the server can't communicate back to me.

What in the world is going wrong here?

Thanks, Maquis

Tamadite
01-02-2006, 21:51
For Cisco VPN client you should open ports 500 and 4500 as UDP on WAN-to-LAN filter on the source side. You will also need to configure a "virtual server" and send all UDP traffic on port 500 to your PC. If you have more than one PC at home, I would recommend you to assign a fix IP address to the PC which will run the Cisco VPN client; so the virtual server will always redirect the VPN traffic on port 500 to your PC otherwise you will need to change the IP address on the virtual server everytime you get a new IP address from the router. You can do this under "DHCP Server": assign a fix IP address to the MAC address of the network card of your PC and then exclude the assigned IP address from the DHCP IP pool.