PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : HD connected to WL-500g USB port used as a network drive NOT as ftp!

hiall
21-04-2005, 09:21
I have connected an external Hard Drive to the USB port of WL-500g.
I have 3 Windows XP pcs connected to WL-500g.
I would like to use the hard drive connected to WL-500g as a remote drive NOT as FTP. On each of the 3 PCs I have tried to map the hard drive as a Network Drive from Windows Explorer but it fails.

Anybody knows a solution to this?

Thank you

Styno
21-04-2005, 09:29
Search this forum on Samba...

hiall
21-04-2005, 10:34
Search this forum on Samba...
Thank you for your input.
I have search Samba and found a lot of threads ...
I am not an expert, but it looks like you need to install Oleg's firmware into the WL-500g ...

1. How different is the Oleg's firmware from the Asus WL-500g firmware, what are its benefits vs Asus ?
2. After installing Oleg's firmware will it be possible to keep on using the usual Asus Web interface?
3. After installing Oleg's firmware will it be possible to go reinstall Asus original firmware?
I knnow they are a lot of question but thank you for taking the time to answer them ... otherwise I am lost in the Sargasso sea of Information
:confused:

barsju
21-04-2005, 11:33
Thank you for your input.
I have search Samba and found a lot of threads ...
I am not an expert, but it looks like you need to install Oleg's firmware into the WL-500g ...
Correct.

1. How different is the Oleg's firmware from the Asus WL-500g firmware, what are its benefits vs Asus ?

Lot's of more options and possibileties for advanced configuration.

2. After installing Oleg's firmware will it be possible to keep on using the usual Asus Web interface?

Web interface is basically the same, only with extra options.

3. After installing Oleg's firmware will it be possible to go reinstall Asus original firmware?

Yes. Just reset to defaults. Download and flash original FW.

B.

Edit:When flashing new fw, be sure to read http://oleg.wl500g.info