PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Insert/connect an external 2.5 USB hard drive into/to WL-HDD

hiall
21-04-2005, 09:10
I want to buy a WL-HDD and I already have an external USB 2.5" hard drive:

1. Is there any way I can use my brand new external USB 2.5" hard drive with the WL-DHH ?
(may be there is a cable form USB to the cables inside the WL-HDD
OR
I can see there is a USB port in the WL-DHH ... is it possibile to use my external HDD just plugging in it ?)

Thanks

rolano
21-04-2005, 12:03
Yes - itīs an USB1.1 Port at the WL-HDD. With Firmware 1.2.3.2 or higher you can use this for external Harddrives

hiall
21-04-2005, 12:52
Yes - itīs an USB1.1 Port at the WL-HDD. With Firmware 1.2.3.2 or higher you can use this for external Harddrives

Thank you for your reply.
The firmware 1.2.3.2 is the standard Asus firmware that comes with WL-HDD rigth? I am going to buy a new WL-HDD so I assume that the latest Asus firmware will be already on board.

Hence if I understood correctly I can use the WL-HDD without inserting any hard drive inside it (keep it empty!) if I connect an external USB hard drive to its USB port, correct?

Thank you

petgun
21-04-2005, 13:17
Hence if I understood correctly I can use the WL-HDD without inserting any hard drive inside it (keep it empty!) if I connect an external USB hard drive to its USB port, correct?
maybe that it works without a HD inside, but you know that its only USB 1.1 and the performance is very poor...0,6 MByte/sec?

Martin1802
24-04-2005, 15:34
Hi :-)

Yes it's really slow ... only useful for connecting a cardreader or maybe a slow usb printer ...

... better put the 2.5" hd of your usb hd into the wl-hdd's case ... works great I did the same :-)

Good luck
Martin

Antiloop
25-04-2005, 08:30
Thank you for your reply.
The firmware 1.2.3.2 is the standard Asus firmware that comes with WL-HDD rigth? I am going to buy a new WL-HDD so I assume that the latest Asus firmware will be already on board.

Thank you
do not assume the wl-hdd has the latest firmware

and yes it is possible to use the WL-HDD 'empty' without a harddisk inside, i'm not sure if it will handle USB functions correctly then