PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL500g --> 3Com Office Connect Switch

evdata
18-04-2005, 08:06
Hello,
one of the LAN ports of my WL500G is connected to a 3Com Office Connect 5 ports switch. Now the desktop ( Intel NIC ) and the printer ( HP laserjet 2200 DTN ) connected to the 3com switch respond very badly to ping requests. More timeouts than ACK's. It is not possible to reach anything from the desktop : internet, WL 500 g etc.
A laptop which uses the wireless conection works fine. So its not a WAN port issue here. All cables are Cat 5 UTP.
Is there anyone who has any experience with this kind of problem? And question two: what are the commands to set the LAN ports to a fixed speed? The WL500g has firmware: 1.8.1.9 wich does provide for setting te WAN port speed but not for the LAN ports. And why is Telnet not enabled in this firmware?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Antiloop
18-04-2005, 09:08
Hello,
one of the LAN ports of my WL500G is connected to a 3Com Office Connect 5 ports switch. Now the desktop ( Intel NIC ) and the printer ( HP laserjet 2200 DTN ) connected to the 3com switch respond very badly to ping requests. More timeouts than ACK's. It is not possible to reach anything from the desktop : internet, WL 500 g etc.
A laptop which uses the wireless conection works fine. So its not a WAN port issue here. All cables are Cat 5 UTP.
Is there anyone who has any experience with this kind of problem? And question two: what are the commands to set the LAN ports to a fixed speed? The WL500g has firmware: 1.8.1.9 wich does provide for setting te WAN port speed but not for the LAN ports. And why is Telnet not enabled in this firmware?
Hope to hear from you soon.
who tells you that Telnet is enabled at all in firmwares? this is only a feature which is present in Custom firmware

anyway I have the 3COM 3C16794 8port 10/100 Switch and it is appearing that I also have a Laserjet2200DTN and many other pc's connected to it + 1x LAN port from WL500g. I'm not suffering any problems anymore since this is the 4th of 5th (can't even remember) replacement for the 3C16794 switch which made it normal 1 specific port died after 1-2 days after power-on

please check your 3com switch, also make sure it is NOT making any SISSING noise. if it does get it replaced by your shop