PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Host name, needing help

Thorz
01-04-2004, 03:24
Hello folks, first post. Lots of info in this forum, thanks in advance.

I have last official firmware 1.7.5.6 and I wonder what is the problem with the value "Host Name" in the IP Config / LAN IP Setting section? If I understand well this should give me the possibility to ping my router using a name written in this box. I have written "router" but I still don't get anything with "ping router" from my wired PC.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

frank
01-04-2004, 07:57
itīs just the name of the router if jou use an @home internet connection jou should use it for your computer name as supplied bij @home

Antiloop
01-04-2004, 08:11
Originally posted by frank
itīs just the name of the router if jou use an @home internet connection jou should use it for your computer name as supplied bij @home

no it isn't

Special Requirement from ISP
and then Hostname is meant for the hostname requested from ISP

LAN IP Setting
and then Hostname is for your internal network, only it's not working due to an error somewhere in the scripts i think

Thorz
01-04-2004, 18:10
Originally posted by Antiloop

LAN IP Setting
and then Hostname is for your internal network, only it's not working due to an error somewhere in the scripts i think

Are you referring to a confirmed known error that all the WL-500g have, or does the problem resides in my scripts Antiloop? Thanks.

Antiloop
02-04-2004, 08:21
Originally posted by Thorz
Are you referring to a confirmed known error that all the WL-500g have, or does the problem resides in my scripts Antiloop? Thanks.

i don't exactly know where the problem lies, in the time i have experienced that it doesn't work and heard this confirmed by more people

Oleg
04-04-2004, 16:40
Yes, this name is not used in the init scripts. But I've added this to my new custom firmware.

Thorz
12-04-2004, 15:18
Oleg, I am using your last firmware .7.6-2 and the hostname still doesn't work. Do you have any ideas? I try to ping router (that's what I have written in the LAN host name field) and I still don't get answer.

Thanks.

Oleg
12-04-2004, 16:35
Answered in the firmware discussion.