PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : COUNTERFEIT: ASUS WL-500G-SE SPECIAL EDITION WIRELESS POWER ROUTER

saui17
14-04-2005, 17:38
Hey ho,

is this a new Asus Router???
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32899&item=5767252415&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
The text is in german.

It looks like the Asus Wl 500g (1xUSB, 1x LPT) but has some features more than the Asus Wl 500g Deluxe.

Does anybody knows something about this Router???

Saui17

petgun
14-04-2005, 18:03
Hi,
sorry but, I only know german words for that..

Das ist imo eine kriminelle Abzockmethode! Das ist ein ganz normaler Asus WL-500g der neu fuer <80 Euro zu bekommen ist und dieser Spinner versucht mit der Oleg Firmware Kasse zu machen!! Wir sollten potentielle Ebay-Kunden warnen und Asus informieren!

I don't know if this is allowed what they do, but I hope Asus or we can do anything against that...Asus/Mitbewerber/??? sollten diesen Spinner sofort 'abmahnen' und diese Auktion bei Ebay stoppen!

cu,
peter

Styno
14-04-2005, 18:23
Well, it looks like it is a normal WL-500g with the firmware upgraded with a custom firmware from Oleg.

The fact that they upgrade the firmware and resell those things is probably not a crime, but they should say so IMHO. Also Asus is probably not giving you any warranty on the router anymore and I also think that those guys aint giving it either.

Conclusion: Don't buy this thing.

If you want the same functionality just buy a stock WL-500g from a well respected shop in your neighborhood and upload your a custom firmware yourself. It should be much cheaper and you've probably got warranty from the shop even if you installed a non-stock firmware.

Oleg
14-04-2005, 19:08
I'm wonder if they ship sources on the CD. If they does not, then it's a good idea to report this to Free Software Foundation. Also, using "ASUS" to identify this product is illegal, as it's not supported by ASUS.

petgun
14-04-2005, 19:48
hi,
I 100% agree with you! For me it's absolutely criminal!
..sorry for german words...

Es ist fuer mich ein glatter _Betrug_...der Verkaeufer versucht ganz klar den Anschein zu erwecken dass es sich um ein offizielles Asus Produkt zu einem 'Sonderpreis' handelt und verschweigt uA. die fehlende/erloschene Garantie. Das macht er gewerbsmaessig und systematisch auch mit anderen Produkten zB. LinkSys WRT 54G.
Ich empfinde das als eine arglistige Taeuschung wobei auch das Renomee der Marken Asus/Linksys/usw. leiden koennte und hoffe Asus/Linksys liest hier mit und legt diesem findigen PowerSeller ganz schnell das Handwerk.
Eine saftige Abmahnung ist in jedem Fall faellig...wenn ich pers. auf diesen _Schwindel_ reingefallen waere, haette ich den Knaben sofort wegen Betrug angezeigt! Altkunden wuerde ich empfehlen umgehend den ergaunerten erheblichen Mehrbetrag zum Normalpreis zurueckzufordern.

Ich werde die Aktion bei EBay verfolgen und wenn innerhalb der naechsten Woche nichts passiert, werde ich die angesprochenen Firmen und auch die Computerzeitschrift ct (vorsicht Kunde) informieren.

cu,
peter

saui17
14-04-2005, 20:46
I found this one here with tehe help of google. in this Onlöine shop they have an wl 500g and also an wl 500g se.

http://www.sunshinecomputers.com.au/cybermall/browsing.asp?level=2&ptype=219&field2=510

But I cannot find this product on a Asus Website.

Wesleyrpg
16-04-2005, 14:15
the difference in price is quite substantional ($89)

it's probably the 500gx. Maybe its been renamed for the Australian market. Maybe its the store attempt to make more money, by calling it SE (special edition or second edition)

who knows

britnet
18-04-2005, 14:52
Sorry about the german:

Ich hab den Router auch schon entdeckt, und ich hab auch eBay drauf hingewiesen. eBay hat aber nicht reagiert!
Ich habe auch schon dem Verkäufer geschrieben, dass es nicht rechtens ist, was er da macht, aber auch keine Antwort darauf.

Bloß die Finger von dem Ding lassen.

So, do something!

petgun
18-04-2005, 15:51
Bloß die Finger von dem Ding lassen.
der Type hat die gleiche Masche beim Linksys http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32899&item=5768386382&rd=1 auch 139 Euro :-( Ich habe an Asus und auch an Linksys geschreiben...keine Reaktion bisher :-(

Antiloop
18-04-2005, 15:56
I Suggest that everyone sends in a complaint using the Ebay site to ebay, perhaps when they receive enough they will consider removing it as the seller is trying to sell a product that never has been sold by Asus and this is misleading for the customer who is willing to buy it.

edit:
I have requested more information from Asus Sales dept. on this matter, hope to have an answer in a few days.

Antiloop
19-04-2005, 09:02
first reaction from asus is this model does NOT exist, we think it is the WL500g Deluxe but named WL-500g-SE for some reasons

looking at the specs at the ebay page, it is an WL500g with a custom firmware as we already knew

waiting for definitive answers

petgun
20-04-2005, 09:04
'802-wireless' is still selling http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32899&item=5768861420&rd=1 :-(

Antiloop
20-04-2005, 09:25
ok.. I've bought the model at ebay, and now I discovered this model is fake and does not exist so I refuse to complete the sale of it

petgun
20-04-2005, 09:49
ok.. I've bought the model at ebay, and now I discovered this model is fake and does not exist so I refuse to complete the sale of it
why did you do that? Did you really expect a new unknown official ASUS-Model? You now have to wait to get back the money and I hope you'll get it. I don't understand ASUS..something like that is not good for renomee in my opinion...

Antiloop
20-04-2005, 10:31
there is a way to make people listen at ebay, and that is to buy the product give a negative feedback to the seller as he refused to respond at my and your emails..

ofcourse I have not paid the devices, and never will as he or she is the one who is responsible for the description

Franz_as_tux
20-04-2005, 14:29
hello @ hall. i'm a new person in the chupa.nl. exuse me for my bad english.... yes it is a new model of our dear router becuase it has the afterburner mode ( you can mod your router activing afterburner mode by simple command. attention that action may damage your router. be careful)

Oleg
20-04-2005, 14:32
yes it is a new model of our dear router becuase it has the afterburner mode ( you can mod your router activing afterburner mode by simple command. attention that action may damage your router. be careful)
Really? Have you read this? http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=1029
The price for this is ZERO. Any recent wl500g could be enabled to support Afterburner.

Antiloop
20-04-2005, 14:39
hello @ hall. i'm a new person in the chupa.nl. exuse me for my bad english.... yes it is a new model of our dear router becuase it has the afterburner mode ( you can mod your router activing afterburner mode by simple command. attention that action may damage your router. be careful)
what do you mean with 'new model'?

and who are you representing? this german guy who sells an unexisting product ?

Balubärchen
22-04-2005, 14:07
Leider nur in Deutsch// Only in German:
Bezüglich:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32899&item=5767252415&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
von dem eBay-Verkäufer 802-wireless

Ich habe mir die Mühe gemacht und 45 Minuten in der Warteschleife bei ASUS gehangen. Der Mitarbeiter hat mir die definitive Aussage gegeben: "Finger weg von dem Ding" Das Grundprodukt ist von Asus aber der Verkäufer hat eine andere Firmware eingespielt und/oder sonstige Modifikationen vorgenommen. Asus übernimmt keine Garantie, Support und sonstige Unterstüzungen. Wenn die Firma pleite geht und man seine Garantieleistung nach Deutschem Recht einfordern will, schaut man in die Röhre :mad:

Dirk

English:
I have done the effort to me and have hung 45 minutes in the waiting ribbon with ASUS. The assistant has given me the definitive statement: " Finger away from the thing " the basic product is from Asus, however, the salesman another proficient goods have recorded and / or has carried out other modifications. Asus takes over no guarantee, Support and other Unterstüzungen. If the firm bankruptcy goes and one wants to call his(its) guarantee performance according to German law, one looks in the tube.

Franz_as_tux
23-04-2005, 13:33
in fact in my post i have written that there is a procedure to active afterburner but that procedure destroy the garanzia of the product.probrably asus have made a special products that has the afterburner actrve yet when exit from the factory...

Antiloop
23-04-2005, 16:34
in fact in my post i have written that there is a procedure to active afterburner but that procedure destroy the garanzia of the product.probrably asus have made a special products that has the afterburner actrve yet when exit from the factory...
Asus did not do this, the new product which has Afterburner is the WL500g Deluxe, a completely other model

Antiloop
27-04-2005, 15:06
the german salesperson is offering again a WL500g but naming it to a product which does not exist:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32899&item=5768996641&rd=1

Asus Taiwan let me know that those units are not legitimate, and will start to take actions

Styno
27-04-2005, 16:49
The same seller has also some LinkSys routers with custom firmwares for sale.

petgun
27-04-2005, 19:45
Asus Taiwan let me know that those units are not legitimate, and will start to take actions

Asus germany wrote (20.4.):

..Wir werden prüfen lassen, inwiefern wir gegen diesen Verkäufer vorgehen können...

Linksys germany wrote (15.4.):

..Ich habe Ihre Informationen dankend erhalten und entsprechend weitergleitet...

but NOTHING happend until today :-(

tscoreninja
27-04-2005, 21:18
In Germany, there is the "Gesetz gegen Unlauteren Wettbewerb UWG" ( law against unfair prohibition), which prohibits misleading advertisements of products and other similar practices. There is an institution, the "Zentrale zur Bekämpfung unlauteren Wettbewerbs", http://www.wettbewerbszentrale.de as control instance, where consumers can report cases of possible violations of above law. I view the sale of this product in clear violation of the rules of the UWG, as neither the limitations (no support nor warranty from ASUS) nor the modifications made to this product are clearly stated. As a native German speaker, I could file a complaint or serve as a contact, if desired.
Let me know if you think that this would be usefull.
BTW, I saw that the feedback from "chupa.nl" for a sale have been removed by ebay. Ebays rules for removing a feedback comment clearly state that this is only the case if the comment is either in violation of laws, due to a court order, or rude or otherwise inappropriate. I do not understand what has happened here, as I believe it would be EBays duty to withdraw the products due to the abuse of ASUS's trademark... What went on here? I just also filed a complaint to Ebay Germany for possible violation of copyright/trademark, and will report what Ebay's reaction is.
Greetings,
TSCoreNinja