PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Webcam motion detection

Technik
17-12-2003, 12:12
Is anybody using that device with WL-500b/g? The camera is working for me but I am not able to get any pictures sent by e-mail. The motion detection does not seem to be working - the router does not try to connect the SMTP server at all. I would appreciate if somebody could put the working Security Mode Setting here... I have the SMTP server running at LAN address 192.168.1.2, router's address is default - 192.168.1.1. I am able to send an e-mail from WL-500b by sendmail application manually.

What is also strange to me - the RCAMD application is present 3 times in memory - I wonder if this is normal or not... :confused:

And another problem is that Webcam is not properly initialized after the router reboot in most cases. Usually I have to unplug it and plug to router again to get the Webcam working... :(

Any comment / advice is welcome...

PID Uid VmSize Stat Command
1 0 1864 S init
2 0 S [keventd]
3 0 S [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
4 0 S [kswapd]
5 0 S [bdflush]
6 0 S [kupdated]
7 0 S [mtdblockd]
211 0 1840 S syslogd -m 0 -O /etc/linuxigd/syslog.log -t MET-1ME
215 0 1840 S klogd
288 0 1480 S udhcpc -i eth1 -p /var/run/udhcpc.pid -s /usr/share
324 0 1544 S httpd
342 0 1456 S /sbin/dproxy -c /etc/dproxy.conf
372 0 S [khubd]
440 0 1592 S /sbin/lpd
441 0 1448 S /sbin/infosvr br0
444 0 1860 S /bin/sh /init/rc.watchdog ROUTER
445 0 1868 S /bin/sh /init/upnpserver eth1
456 0 2456 S upnp -D -L br0 -W eth1
467 0 1448 S /usr/sbin/watchdog 30 192.168.1.2 MET-1METDST 11111
491 0 6448 S /usr/sbin/rcamd -m 100 -c 100 -f 320x240 -p 7777 -s
492 0 6448 S /usr/sbin/rcamd -m 100 -c 100 -f 320x240 -p 7777 -s
493 0 6448 S /usr/sbin/rcamd -m 100 -c 100 -f 320x240 -p 7777 -s
537 0 1840 S sleep 30s
541 0 1844 S sh -c ps > /etc/linuxigd/syscmd.log

542 0 1844 R ps

Antiloop
18-12-2003, 08:32
strange behaviour,

note: i have not tested my webcam yet with the new firmware 1.6.5.3

with the old firmware my webcam was initialized correctly, but the motion detection was not working correctly because of the noise it produces and thinking that there was a movement.. (so i was spammed deadly with my own webcam pics)

i'm using a philips webcam vesta pro 680k

reply from asus few weeks ago (firmware 1.6.4.8)
Dear Sir,

Sorry for my late reply.

For webcam alert: I think it may because of the noisy signal from Web camera.

We tested it and found that the quality of QuickCam Express 4000 is quick good for monitoring. And Philip's WebCam used on WL500g/b with some noisy frame and result in mis-judgment for mail alerting function. So please try another WEB cam to have test.

As for Virtual Server, from the setting you gave, it should be okey. But this function should work after setting and restarting. It never work when only adding into list but not restarting the device. So please restart WL-500g once you make any new configuration.

If any, please advise.

Best Regards,

Sebastian.

Technik
18-12-2003, 10:01
Well, thanks for your reply, Antiloop. ;) So my understanding is that only one RCAMD should be present in memory (when I tried to kill some copy of RCAMD, all three were killed...). And the bad initialization of WebCam III is probably the reason why the monitoring function does not work... The behaviour was exactly the same with firmware 1.6.4.6. Now I am running 1.6.5.3. Hopefully the next firmware version could work a bit better with my WebCam...

GiGi
30-03-2004, 11:22
I'm using the Philips USB PC Camera PCVC680K (Vesta Pro)
this one works alright with ASUS WL-500g.

One strange item is that the router blocks outgoing traffic, (HTTP, POP3, SMTP, P2P, Real Audio, etc.) everytime the webcam is activated (light is on)- motion detection in progress.
After a few seconds when motion detection stops everything is back alright.

This repeats continuously as long as the webcam is connected and the option 'Enable Security Mode? YesNo' is Yes

Anyone experience with this????

Antiloop
30-03-2004, 14:18
Originally posted by GiGi
I'm using the Philips USB PC Camera PCVC680K (Vesta Pro)
this one works alright with ASUS WL-500g.

One strange item is that the router blocks outgoing traffic, (HTTP, POP3, SMTP, P2P, Real Audio, etc.) everytime the webcam is activated (light is on)- motion detection in progress.
After a few seconds when motion detection stops everything is back alright.

This repeats continuously as long as the webcam is connected and the option 'Enable Security Mode? YesNo' is Yes

Anyone experience with this????

i probably know what the problem is. The Philips PCVC680K (I own it personnally as well) is creating too much noise, the wl500g ALWAYS THINKS there is some movement, and start mailing you with pics or well.. you could call it mailbombing at that time. if you have a slow connection that could be the reason why you are unable to do things at the internet

i assume the internal network works perfectly at that time? also reaching the router config doesn't seem a problem according to your post..

GiGi
30-03-2004, 17:19
Exactly! The internal network works perfectly at that time.
The router can also be reached perfectly.
I'm not receiving mails with pictures from the webcam because there is no external traffic passing through.
It is really strange the router stops passing traffic outbound when the webcam is monitoring.

Am I the only one with a router with this strange behavior?
Is this also with other webcams.

Will this be solved in future firmware updates or is this only with the Philips webcam?

Where can I find a recent list with supported webcams?

Antiloop
30-03-2004, 21:19
Originally posted by GiGi
Exactly! The internal network works perfectly at that time.
The router can also be reached perfectly.
I'm not receiving mails with pictures from the webcam because there is no external traffic passing through.
It is really strange the router stops passing traffic outbound when the webcam is monitoring.

Am I the only one with a router with this strange behavior?
Is this also with other webcams.

Will this be solved in future firmware updates or is this only with the Philips webcam?

Where can I find a recent list with supported webcams?

the noisy is afaik only a 'problem' of the philips webcam, according to asus they've told me (a while ago already) that they are not going to solve this

are you sure there is no traffic passing through your MODEM ? i don't know how much upstream you have.. could be that it fails transmitting or something like that..

kuen
26-04-2004, 15:48
My ISP have blocked port 25 for sending email. How can I change the port to send email when motion detected?

regards,
kuen

rej
26-04-2004, 17:29
I am quite sure that it isn't possible at all. If it was possible then there would be no point in closing that port, spammers would then just use a different port. Get another ISP or live with it :-(

BR,
René

kuen
27-04-2004, 10:22
My ISP reply me they blocked the port 25 so that their clients can't send out spam mail. :(

Antiloop
27-04-2004, 11:09
can't you reach SMTP then ?

i guess you can send mail through your provider?

kuen
29-04-2004, 06:42
You are right!! I've forget the ISP's mail server, because my ISP changed to use webmail long time ago.

:p

chris.delarue
15-07-2004, 05:46
When my camera detect something, I receive nothing but I can see this in the log file, is it because port 25 is bloked ?

Jul 14 17:14:42 sendalarm: can not find a Mail Exchanger

I tried to put the stmp ip or the name of the server like smtp.myprovider.com in the field but I still get the error message.
:confused:

tthen
25-04-2005, 18:58
i have a logitech quickcam 4000 pro connected to my wl-500g. working fine, both from wan and.
tried to enable email detection alert. i recieved a lots of emails, but there were no pictures shown, but only red crosses.
i searched the forum and found this: http://wl500g.info/showthread.php?t=214&highlight=detection
but it didn't give me an answer what could be wroung.

I have firmware 1.9.2.7

streaming from wan is working fine, so its strange that there is no picture in mail. i have enabled the security settings in ms outlook express- didn't work.

somebody knows whats wrong?

RossiKwan
06-05-2005, 07:13
Hi,
Is there anyone here used the Motion Detection email alert fine with WL500g?

For my case, I can view the streaming video or still image mode video fine.

further more, I would like to setup the email alert with attached image for my WL500g, but it seems the WL500g detected nothing. It can't sent any email alert out.

Could you help me a favour to solve my problem? thanks

configuration:
Device: WL500g
firmware: 1.9.2.7-4 [oleg]
Usb Cam: Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro USB webcam

attached is the syslog about the webcam. Thanks a lot for your help!

Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: Linux video capture interface: v1.00
Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc Philips PCA645/646 + PCVC675/680/690 + PCVC730/740/750 webcam module version 8.12 loaded.
Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc Also supports the Askey VC010, various Logitech Quickcams, Samsung MPC-C10 and MPC-C30,
Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc the Creative WebCam 5, SOTEC Afina Eye and Visionite VCS-UC300 and VCS-UM100.
Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: usb.c: registered new driver Philips webcam
Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro USB webcam detected.
Jan 1 08:00:08 kernel: pwc Registered as /dev/video0.
Jan 1 08:00:09 pppd[82]: Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
Jan 1 08:00:09 kernel: pwc This Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 camera is equipped with a unknown type of sensor (-32).
Jan 1 08:00:10 kernel: pwc Failed to set LED on/off time.

cp491977
13-05-2005, 19:46
Hi,

having the same problem with my Philips ToUCam Pro, no motion detection, no syslog entry about it while streaming is working fine for me.

WL500-G with Firmware: 1.9.2.7-CR5a by OLEG
Webcam: Philips ToUCam Pro

Christian

cu4xs
29-05-2005, 16:06
I read some articles here in the forum but I´m still confused.
Is it possible to use the logitech quickcam pro 4000 with the security mode. I did some settings but I had no motion detection an no email was sent.
Is there anybody with a working security mode. What are the settings?

Antiloop
29-05-2005, 16:34
it was supposed to be working..

a while ago i've turned it on (firmware 1.9.2.7-5) and it does currently not work, tested at WL500g Deluxe only

which firmware and device are you using?

cu4xs
31-05-2005, 17:04
I´m using the ASUS wl-500g with firmware 1.9.2.7-5.

mao44
08-07-2005, 10:03
i have the same pb with a toucam pro II.
but either i revceine no mail (High sense level) either i receive a lot of mails (Medium or Low sense level)

somebody can help me ?

mao44
08-07-2005, 17:28
i have found a temporary solution :
i use a new pwc.o and pwcx.o (see http://wl500g.info/showtread.php?t=2420)
now, i try to find how i can send a mail

bye

marciton
06-08-2005, 20:11
:eek: the link don't work ... and it's my issue

ulski
08-08-2005, 01:04
maybe you could use the gmail smtp server - it do not use port 25 but it req. ssl and username password which is not supported by the asus device

audiophil
16-09-2005, 11:31
I know this is thread number 10 or something about this issue, but there's no-one in the others threads that actually gets an answer to their problem.

How is it possible to get the WL500g to work with the Quickcam pro 4000 and motion detection? The closest I've came is to disable images, low sensitivity and thus recieving a bunch of emails.

I've tried stock firmware, old and brand new, and of course Olegs (several versions). Currently I'm using Olegs 1.9.2.7-6b.

I got no extra storage.

Has this ever worked? Why is the camera bundled with the router if it's incompatible?

All other webcam features work with the camera connected to the router.

mesfet
21-09-2005, 21:22
same problem for me. help!

tthen
21-09-2005, 21:29
i have logitech 4000 pro, and email alert with pictures is working for me, but only in black/white. streaming video fram lan and wan is in colours. firmware is 1.9.4.0 from asus, hasn't done anything about it at all.

audiophil
21-09-2005, 21:29
I thought this was the greatest collection of WLxxx knowledge, but seems like no-one knows how to solve this rather simple issue! I tried the latest stock firmware yesterday, it actually managed to send images, not only those white squares with an X. But it just spammed emails, regardless of any motion. AND I needed to hot-reconnect the camera to make it work.... So not any progress...

Weird it's not possible to use Olegs firmware or something, seems like it can be used to anything else!

audiophil
21-09-2005, 21:33
i have logitech 4000 pro, and email alert with pictures is working for me, but only in black/white. streaming video fram lan and wan is in colours. firmware is 1.9.4.0 from asus, hasn't done anything about it at all.

Do you use the Beta? I only see a beta edition in the firmware selector wizard...

Could you be so kind and quote all the setting under webcam? Of erase things like smtp and email...

janeri
26-03-2006, 15:40
I have a WL500g (firmware 1.9.5.0) that came bundled with a Logitech QuickCam Pro. I have set it up to detect motion and send email, but that does not seem to work. There is no messages in the log indicating that motion has even been detected.

Does anyone have any hints how to make this work?

SpAwN
18-07-2006, 02:07
I am using Logitech QuickCam Orbit/Sphere and it works perfectly in color from WAN and LAN side, captures are getting updated every second as set in the router settings.

But I cant set the SMTP server for outgoing mail for motion detection, my ISP requires a username and password for outgoing mails. After 2 weeks I am going to vacation so I like to get this working for little bit security when I am gone for 4 weeks.
The question is how can I set the username and password for outgoing mails?

I am using WL500g with Oleg’s 1.9.2.7-6b as I mentioned everything works perfect for monitoring things so there is no problem with the cam on my router.

I did search on the forum and find couple threads but this question is not answered yet.
Filling the field for outgoing mail server wont help since I cant set the username and password and if I leave it blank it wont work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

SpAwN
24-07-2006, 00:11
No one knows a solution for this?
Can somebody show me a way to do this with SSH/Telnet?

I realy need this since we have a lot problems with security last months.

Thanks

SpAwN
26-07-2006, 02:19
I found finally way how to send mail with the motion alert :D

In the textbox for "Email Server" I filled in my mail address from my ISP instead of a SMTP server, and it worked. For "Send to" part you can fill any mail address you want even your own email same as in the other textbox.

Unfortunately it is not working good, it doesn’t matter what sensitivity I set, it keeps sending mails without any motion in front of the cam :( Do I need another cam to solve this problem?

NoLeMans
26-07-2006, 22:55
Hi to all,
got my WL500gP today - so still original f/w - and I am also having trouble to set up this motion alert stuff. Webcam is a logitech Quickcam 3000 (?) lended from the neighbour.

Motion seems to be detected but get error in log:
01:00:07 USB webcam: attached
01:00:29 sendalarm: send email alarm, but can not resolve ip of email server!
There are two fields "Send to:" where I put "name@abc.de" and "Email Server:" which is left blank at the moment.
Anybody got this stuff working? Thanks for any help.

Greetz, No

SpAwN
27-07-2006, 00:16
Try to fill in the "Email Server:" field with the email adres you got from your ISP like i did, thus "name@abc.de"

NoLeMans
27-07-2006, 06:39
Hi, thnx for fast response. Added "name@abc.de" to "Email-Server:", "Send to:" is blank, but still no success:
Jul 27 07:36:15 USB webcam: attached
Jul 27 07:36:36 sendalarm: send email alarm, but can not resolve ip of email server!

When I checked the status log after test this morning the msg "send email alarm" was listed before a valid IP form ISP was received. So I thought this is the error. Rebooted 500gP with cam removed, wait for 20-30s, reconnect USB-Cam, but still getting error in log.
After my first night with this thing I am not very happy. :mad:

PouLouM
10-10-2006, 09:05
I have an asus wl500g and a webcam pro 4000 (send in bundle with the router).

The camera is working well on LAN/WAN in color mode at 640x480 (with the last oleg's firmware).

The problem is with the motion detection.
It always says "unable to find adress of the mail server". I've looked up into this forum and google but i didn't find anything concluant. ( i've tried smtp from FAI, ip of the FAI, ip of the adsl router), nothing is sending anything.

i've note that mini_sendmail is working well but i don't know of to replace the sequence in /var/tmp/runshell which contains the sendalarm lines.

I would like to replace them by mini_sendmail or even a wget but each time i change this file, router freeze.

Does anyone as any clue to fix this and get this security mode working ?

Regards

mesfet
01-10-2007, 13:20
hi,

The motion detection doesn't work in my wl500gx router. The cam is a quickcam Pro 4000. When I active this function, i receive à lot of email even if no motion detected.
have you the same problem ?
Thanks.

mistraller
01-10-2007, 20:12
hi,

The motion detection doesn't work in my wl500gx router. The cam is a quickcam Pro 4000. When I active this function, i receive à lot of email even if no motion detected.
have you the same problem ?
Thanks.
rcamd (the builtin program for webcams) is bad. If you want to run a better solution for your webcam, you should consider using Motion, or Palantir (palantir can't detect motion, but is great for streaming and capturing images). Rcamd slows your router down a lot, because it is constantly streaming the video, even if there's nobody connected, or motiondetect is enabled. After disabling asus webcam in webinterface, and installing palantir, using Oleg firmware, things are running much better.

mesfet
02-10-2007, 15:49
How can I install Palantir or other module with motion detection features ? where can i find theses programs ?
Thanks

mistraller
02-10-2007, 19:51
How can I install Palantir or other module with motion detection features ? where can i find theses programs ?
Thanks
Palantir doesn't support motion detection. If you run Oleg firmware you can install it using "ipkg install palantir"
I think installing Oleg firmware with some external storage (usb stick or disk) will be your first step. Afterwards, do a search on the forum for Palantir.
If you want to run motion: "ipkg install motion"
info about motion: http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome
info about palantir: http://www.fastpath.it/products/palantir/

mesfet
04-10-2007, 12:53
Thank you !
I'm a newbee and i have difficulties to configure motion. I installed it but i cannot modify motion.conf
Sorry for my english !

mistraller
04-10-2007, 21:11
Thank you !
I'm a newbee and i have difficulties to configure motion. I installed it but i cannot modify motion.conf
Sorry for my english !
Motion can be configured with webinterface, go to http://router-ipadress:8080
...and true, motion has lots of options to configure. Maybe it helps to search also on other linux forums, there's not very much discussed about motion on this one.