PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : custom glib based toolchain

ja.ro
09-04-2005, 17:26
Hi there.

I tried to compile myself some software for wl500gx, but wasn't very successful. Only small and simple programs compiled cleanly, many others needed a lot of patching and still I weren't able to get them working.

I would like to know, how it is possible to create custom toolchain based on glibc.

Tried some ways how to accomplish that, but nothing worked well.

1) scratchbox - I wasn't able to figure out how one can force it to use custom kernel headers (from GPL).

2) construction based on this howto:
http://skaya.enix.org/wiki/ToolChain
- this produces mipsel-linux-* toolchain, however compiled programs won't work on wl500gx :-(

3) emdebian cross compilation process
Not finished yet. Little painful - whenever something has to be cross-compiled, many files are downloaded again and again. Trying to find out how I can cache the remote server locally.

Did anyone manage to cope with this issue?

ja.ro
09-04-2005, 17:41
Ok. Now I understand... the toolchain based on Skaya's HOWTO works well, when it compiles with -static option.

However, I would like to find out what libraries are requred to be inserted into the target device in order to have dynamically linked programs work as well.

What confuses me is that no complains about missing *so files arises when I try to run these, just:

-sh: ./file: not found

Maybe it means that some so can't be found, but it doesn't tell which :-( And that is not very useful :-/

rwhitby
10-04-2005, 00:46
I tried to compile myself some software for wl500gx, but wasn't very successful. Only small and simple programs compiled cleanly, many others needed a lot of patching and still I weren't able to get them working.

Have you looked at the Unslung package repository? We have over 90 packages which compile for the wl500g (mipsel, uclibc) already ..

See http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/AddAPackageToUnslung for details on how to set up the Unslung compilation environment. It uses Oleg's uClibc toolchain (the same one which is used to compile the firmware).

-- Rod