PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : another print problem

Thomster
08-04-2005, 21:59
Yep, it's another print problem! I am using a Dell A922 all-in-one printer (USB) and I can't get it to work on the wl-500g. I am using firmware from Oleg (1.9.2.7-4) and manually configured the TCP/IP port: tried the RAW protocol (9100) and the LPR protocol as described in the various faq's. The thing is that on the laptop everything seems OK, however the printer does not respond. On the ASUS configure page I can see printserver recognizes the printer.
I have tried the ASUS 1.9.2.7 software and the ASUS print software, then the router did not recognize the printer anymore. Is it save to say that this Dell printer is not working. The fact that the print server does recognise the printer with Oleg's firmware, is making me hoping that possibly there is a way...........

Oleg
09-04-2005, 08:29
Check this (http://wl500g.dyndns.org/printing/) and DO NOT use ASUS utilities.

Thomster
12-04-2005, 23:27
Oleg,
Thanks for your reply. I have deleted all ports and printers and followed your instructions. The print status says the document is printed however the printer won't print. I've tried to disable bi-directional printing, however the software won't allow this. I also changed the port to a LPRserver, also no results. I think I will call Dell and see what they will say. I'm not giving up yet but if you have any other suggestions, feel free.....

juhln
30-08-2005, 20:15
hey

i have a problem just like this, have you found out of anything new thomser ?

I have tried with 1.9.4.6 beta, this software cant reconice the printer
i have tried with 1.9.2.7.6 b , this software reconice the printer just fine, but it cant print.

my printer is a Dell Photo AIO 962 status of the printer is online.

I have tried both with Raw server and LPR server as described in varius guides.

asus utility is uninstaled, and all printer has been deleted before i tried

It seem like it is working but printer is not printing
Windows xp and dell tool's shows taht the print job is succesfull.

i think the printer is not fully suported by the router software

here is the status log of my router if this can help anyone to understand the problem.
if the log shows anything

Aug 30 21:14:48 kernel: printer.c: usblp0 Device ID string [83/max 1552]='MFG:Dell;CMD:CPDNPA003;MODEL: Photo AIO 962;CLASS:Printer;DES:Dell Photo AIO 962;'
Aug 30 21:14:48 kernel: printer.c: Parsing USBLPID...
Aug 30 21:14:57 kernel: printer.c: usblp0 Device ID string [83/max 1552]='MFG:Dell;CMD:CPDNPA003;MODEL: Photo AIO 962;CLASS:Printer;DES:Dell Photo AIO 962;'
Aug 30 21:14:57 kernel: printer.c: Parsing USBLPID...

hope a new software can solve the problem

best regards
Juhln

Oleg
30-08-2005, 20:49
There are no printing attempts in the log. Try with RAW option and port 9100.
Most likely it will not work, as it something like cheap software driven All-In-One-For-Nothing stuff. Use Windows box to drive it.

juhln
01-09-2005, 13:35
Tanks oleg, for the reply.
i have tiried with RAW settings ones more time, still not work, gues i need to buy another printer then, or just use windows to run it.