PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WAN port dies

ela002
03-04-2005, 20:18
Sorry but I can't understand why you have locked the topic as I still have problem with latest Oleg firmware. When I use PPPoe to connect through ADSL modem (in bridge), WAN port dies, Internet slows down, I get ping timeouts when pinging the ASUS IP's. Everyone has solved that problem with the latest firmwares?

Oleg
03-04-2005, 20:33
When WAN port dies, no Internet connection is possible at all.
Slowdowns are caused by P2P software most of the time.

ela002
03-04-2005, 21:11
I'm not that fool :eek: When I am testing, there is no internet activity from P2P or anything else. Without any kind of traffic. I ping a domain name. After first ping replies, I get timeouts more often until it's impossible to ping or access a web page. The same time I ping LAN IP of ASUS and I get ping timeouts. Without PPPoe ativated I get 1ms ping reply. I am pinging the LAN port and timeouts! :confused: Firewall and filters are disabled.

ela002
03-04-2005, 21:14
When pinging the LOCAL IP that is set as LAN IP on 500g and I get timeouts If I remove the utp cable from WAN Port I get again replies of ~1ms.

thomas
05-05-2005, 09:19
Hello,

i have the same Problem.

My WAN-Port dies from time to time. The only Chance to get it work again ist to reboot the Router. I have the Firmeware 1.9.2.7-4.

Has anyone an idea for this problem?

Greetings Thomas