PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : @ Rod / compilation using unslung build system

Jean-Fabrice
31-03-2005, 15:01
Hi,

I've recompiled my "historic" Nylon package using unslung build system.
I have attached an archive with my make/nylon.mk, my sources/nylon/nylon.patch and a conf-dist file : sources/nylon/nylon.conf-dist

As you will see, I need to tweak nylon.mk with the following :
1) add --with-libevent=dir in the configure section because nylon's configure did not find the library in the staging directory (the configure script seems to search for the library at it's top-level dir instead of taking advantage of staging CPPFLAGS and staging LDFLAGS)
2) delete --target in the configure section because nylon's configure takes this parameter as a file transform schema during 'make install' resulting in a 'mipsel-linux-nylon' binary instead of 'nylon'

Are such issues normals ? is there any way to simply avoid them ?

Thanks a lot.

Oleg
31-03-2005, 16:47
The --with-libevent= is fine, it should be used to compile nylon. As for --target - I've no idea, why they're passing it in the template.mk, it should not be there for most packages... Alternatively you could "manually" install it, so it will not use mipsel-linux- prefix. Probably Rod could clarify this...

rwhitby
31-03-2005, 23:03
Hi,

I've recompiled my "historic" Nylon package using unslung build system.
I have attached an archive with my make/nylon.mk, my sources/nylon/nylon.patch and a conf-dist file : sources/nylon/nylon.conf-dist

As you will see, I need to tweak nylon.mk with the following :
1) add --with-libevent=dir in the configure section because nylon's configure did not find the library in the staging directory (the configure script seems to search for the library at it's top-level dir instead of taking advantage of staging CPPFLAGS and staging LDFLAGS)
2) delete --target in the configure section because nylon's configure takes this parameter as a file transform schema during 'make install' resulting in a 'mipsel-linux-nylon' binary instead of 'nylon'

Are such issues normals ? is there any way to simply avoid them ?

Thanks a lot.

Both issues are normal. Some packages do the right thing with --target (to determine compilation defaults), and some do extra (like you saw with naming the executables differently).

I have added nylon to the Unslung CVS repository.

Jean-Fabrice, if you would like to send me your sf.net id, I will grant you write access to the Unslung CVS repository so that you can add future new packages yourself :-)

-- Rod