PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Loosing connections with P2P

CommiC
29-03-2005, 23:09
I'm using DC++ and I loose connection to all servers no I use the WL500g.
Is there a configuration that I should change to fix this?

Eric

tomilius
29-03-2005, 23:14
Now THAT information is everywhere. Search.

CommiC
29-03-2005, 23:20
thanks a lot, you're a great help. with the same amount of words you could have given the answer. don't bother I check out another place

Styno
30-03-2005, 11:03
I agree with Tomilius. We are not paid by Asus to give you the answer so new members are required to do some research on their problem before asking them. This forum is a community of volunteers.

It's generally not considered good forum behaviour to just post a question whithout proper research and expect other people to solve your problem. So there's no need for you to be rude to Tomilius.

That doesn't mean that he couldn't give a hint to the answer as well ;)

Search for 'concurrent connections' or 'P2P'

Antiloop
30-03-2005, 12:58
there is a nice piece in the FAQ: http://wl500g.info/faq.php?faq=general#faq_the_rules

I'm quoting (this is very important for ALL users!!)

Creating a topic

If you have a problem you can not solve yourself, you may open a topic. But some rules apply:
• Try to solve your problem first!
If you have a problem, it is the intention you open a topic at the moment you are not able to solve it anymore AFTER trying it yourself. Always read the manual and take a look at the support page of the manufacturer. Try searching google, google groups and offcourse the search function at the forum. A lot of FAQs at other forums have solutions. If a question is already asked, or it is easy to solve or find yourself, than it is not the intention to post it here.
• Be clear, mention what you have tried yourself.
If you can not solve it, you may start a topic but please indicate clearly your problem and specific what you have searched for and did find, and where you got stuck with your problem. If you are not willing to do this, we can assume you haven’t done this with the chance of a locked topic. You can easily prevent this by paying attention to the post your are opening.
• Pay enough attention to the content of a topic.
If you don’t have a problem, but want to start a discussion, substantiate your point very clearly and why you think it should be like that. We do not appreciate 1 rulers or lose communications through this way.
Please also be sure to provide ENOUGH information, mention firmware-, driver-, model-information and all other information that applies to it.
• Name the topic short but strong. It should logically reflect the subject.
It is not the intention to create a title which draws a lot of attention by adding a lot of exclamation marks, capital letters or “HELP HELP!” in the title. Consider something which covers the subject specifically.
• Post your topic in the right forum.

so.. i still miss firmware version etc..

mctiew
30-03-2005, 14:30
I'm using DC++ and I loose connection to all servers no I use the WL500g.
Is there a configuration that I should change to fix this?

p2p loss connection is PROBABLY due to connection table full. To verify if it is really hitting the max, do this :-

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max

cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack

( 'wc' applet is not available, so you have to use your creativity to determine the line count of the second command )

You can tweak this parameter this way for example :-

echo 2048 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max

You cannot increase this parameter freely because it will consume your free memory. To check free memory available :-

cat /proc/meminfo

Cheers

CommiC
30-03-2005, 20:51
First of all, mctiew thank you very much for taking the effort to give me an answer to my question. I much regret to say that I realy do not understand it at all. But, that seems to be my problem. I'm not some sort of dumb newbie but am new at wireless. The knowledge level seems to be out of my league. I understand now that this forum is for highly educated and experienced users.

To some others I would like to say; yes I did run a search on this site before I posted the question. The information returned however did not meet my understanding. I always thought that a forum is a place where one could turn with questions of any kind. If someone wants to take the effort to answer, he's free in doing so. But the rules and morals seem more importent here, as people don't answer but make up rules and make answering a conditional format. "First try to find it yourself..." more sounds like "I had trouble finding it, so will you". But by all means, please make up your own little rules. The admin can whipe my record as I'm going to a lower level of knowledge and most likely a higher level of social behaviour.

Kindest regards
Eric

mctiew
30-03-2005, 23:50
I much regret to say that I realy do not understand it at all. ... I understand now that this forum is for highly educated and experienced users.

Not too worry and no insult intended, I doubt too many people understand my reply. ;) But I am too lazy to write a 100 pages story, so I am only posting the gist. With those keywords appearing in my reply you could do further search and start the learning from there.

p2p is known to be consuming connection table very fast. Also, if you have worms in your LAN, your connection table might be full very quickily too.

Cheers.

barsju
31-03-2005, 07:33
p2p is known to be consuming connection table very fast. Also, if you have worms in your LAN, your connection table might be full very quickily too.

Well DC++ shouldn't be the one that makes all the connections, but a p2p app that can make that number of connections is Bitorrent. So if DC is the only p2p app you use I would suggest scanning for worms and viruses. Perhaps a machine on your network is a zoombie? A tip is to try "netstat -a" on your router and PC to see all ongoing connections. You can also try installing iptraf to keep an eye on the traffic in the router.

If I am not mistaken you should have a "Table full" entry of some sort in your syslog if this is in fact the problem you are having. If you don't have this message maybe too many concurrent connections isn't really your problem..

Try some stuff, look around the forum some more and then when there are spesific things you don't understand post back and someone will help or point you in the right direction.

S.

Antiloop
31-03-2005, 08:25
First of all, mctiew thank you very much for taking the effort to give me an answer to my question. I much regret to say that I realy do not understand it at all. But, that seems to be my problem. I'm not some sort of dumb newbie but am new at wireless. The knowledge level seems to be out of my league. I understand now that this forum is for highly educated and experienced users.

To some others I would like to say; yes I did run a search on this site before I posted the question. The information returned however did not meet my understanding. I always thought that a forum is a place where one could turn with questions of any kind. If someone wants to take the effort to answer, he's free in doing so. But the rules and morals seem more importent here, as people don't answer but make up rules and make answering a conditional format. "First try to find it yourself..." more sounds like "I had trouble finding it, so will you". But by all means, please make up your own little rules. The admin can whipe my record as I'm going to a lower level of knowledge and most likely a higher level of social behaviour.

Kindest regards
Eric
this has nothing to do with rules, people are sick of asking the very same things again over and over if you just posted ENOUGH information in your first reply or in LATER replies answers would have been given already

still it seems that you don't get that you must indicate which firmware you use, as this is mostly immediately the solution