PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Upload Management with FW 1.8.2.4 doesn't seem to work

cw17
28-03-2005, 22:02
Hello all,

first of all: Very nice forum, the very best I've found so far concering the ASUS 500g. I'm reading here alot.

My question(s):

I have the ASUS 500g, FirmWare 1.8.2.4 from ASUS, no modifications.
I would like to limit upload speed for all users to 20 kb (not kbit), so I've entered this:

Upload Policy List

Port _____ Max. (kbps) _____ Min. (kbps)
__________20______________10

But it doesn't work, i can still upload faster from any workstation-PC. Download Mangement works perfect, but not the upload policy. What am I doing wrong? I would PAY someone to get this working.

I don't want to use the new ASUS Firmware, because it makes my 500g-web-Interface VERY slow and ASUS mentions that they've throttled the W-LAN Performance down. But if you know that the new one solves this problem, please mention it to me.

I would also like to know if its possible to limit the max. connections for each workstation PC. Like 15 or something. If someone opens up a P2P-Application with 5000 connections at the same time, it really makes everything slow, even if you limit the download speed. Since I'm using the 500g for a hotspot, I can't tell everybody not to do that. So this would be a very nice thing to have.

Last question: If I don't make any input to the web-interface of the 500g for about 40-60 seconds, it asks me for the password again. That's very annoying. I'm using Win XP Prof. with Firefox 1.0.2 (same stuff with IE6). Also, Firefox doesn't seem to save the password, even if I allow this. Same with IE6, doesn't remember the password, even if I agree.

Thank you in advance for reading this.

Greetings from Germany

Antiloop
31-03-2005, 13:15
you should have read the Firmware 1.8.2.4 thread 1101

also see:
http://wl500g.info/showpost.php?p=6873&postcount=26