PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Inetd?

barsju
28-03-2005, 09:10
Hi, I have found inetd in the full busybox compilation but I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried with this config file:

telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/telnetd telnetd
hello stream tcp nowait root /tmp/harddisk/hello.sh hello.sh

The hello.sh is a hello world script I want to get working but I included the telnet service for testing. When I start the inetd ("..../busybox inetd /tmp/inetd.conf") i get

Mar 28 08:19:18 inetd[16791]: telnet/tcp: unknown service
Mar 28 08:19:18 inetd[16791]: hello/tcp: unknown service

I have of course killed the original telnetd and included "hello 3333/tcp" in /etc/services, but I guess that is not enough as I could not include it in /usr/etc/services which is read-only.. But that still doesn't explain why the telnetd doesn't work as it is included by default!

So why doesn't it work and how do I include lines to /usr/etc/services (if that is necessary of course). Has anyone made inetd work? All help is greatly appreciated!

My fw is Olegs 1.9.2.7 cr4 and busybox is version BusyBox v1.00-pre5.

S.

rwhitby
28-03-2005, 21:57
The Unslung xinetd package compiles and runs on the wl500g.

-- Rod

barsju
01-04-2005, 08:46
Ok. So I'm trying the unslung package. I haven't partitioned my flashdisk yet so I made a loop file system like oleg suggested. Installed ipkg, and then installed xinetd.

But this is where I'm stuck at the moment.. When I install I get message saying that I should copy rc.xinetd to /unslung directory. But since my flash fs is read only I guess I can't do that? But on the unslung wiki it says I should copy to /share/hdd/conf/unslung/. Does that translate to /tmp/harddisk/.. ?

And how do I start it up? It says I can just reboot, but will that work? Don't I need to edit post-boot/mount? Perhaps run /opt/etc/init.d/S10xinetd?

Sorry for any dumb questions.

S.

rwhitby
01-04-2005, 10:40
Ok. So I'm trying the unslung package. I haven't partitioned my flashdisk yet so I made a loop file system like oleg suggested. Installed ipkg, and then installed xinetd.

But this is where I'm stuck at the moment.. When I install I get message saying that I should copy rc.xinetd to /unslung directory. But since my flash fs is read only I guess I can't do that? But on the unslung wiki it says I should copy to /share/hdd/conf/unslung/. Does that translate to /tmp/harddisk/.. ?

Seems that Oleg hasn't updated his package feed. The latest version that you can build from source doesn't put that message cause it has been modified to work better on the wl500g.

And how do I start it up? It says I can just reboot, but will that work? Don't I need to edit post-boot/mount? Perhaps run /opt/etc/init.d/S10xinetd?

Yes, just run /opt/etc/init.d/S10xinetd from post-mount.

-- Rod

rwhitby
01-04-2005, 22:14
Seems that Oleg hasn't updated his package feed. The latest version that you can build from source doesn't put that message cause it has been modified to work better on the wl500g.

The latest xinetd is now in the unslung/wl500g feed at http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/unslung/wl500g

-- Rod