PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : 270mbps only without encryption

djclikk
17-06-2009, 03:33
Hi, I'm able to get 270mbps with my 500w only if i don't have encryption enabled. When I enable any type of encryption, even wep, it drops down to 54mbps. I tested the speeds to see if they were true by transferring a file wirelessly across my lan. Without encryption I could transfer a file at about 9mBps and with encryption at about 1-2mBps.

I'm using Olegs 1.9.2.7-10 and a dell 1515(atheros) wireless n card in my laptop.

Anybody have any idea why this could be?

flexusz28
27-08-2009, 21:39
I have a dell 1505 wireless N card and with the top encription, WPA2/AES I get about 6.5MB/s stable, 270mbit connection.

The only thing that kills my transfer rate is when I put my memory stick in a USB, it sucks all the power and my wireless drops to 1.5MB/s maximum rate, though still connected at 270mbit. The stick gets so hot it burns my fingers, and then the file server dies along with the router's interface :)

wpte
28-08-2009, 14:10
there are small, low energy chips in the router. Creating a fast network is not that hard. Encrypting data is however a cpu hungry task, so yeh, it always slows down things, but it's better than pumping private data in the air so other people might have a look at that.;)
I have a intel AGN card, but with WPA2 enabled I can get up to 6-9mb/s quite good comprared to 54mbit networks.

my advice... try a different "Regulatory Mode" in the advanced wireless settings