PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Bad Luck...

colherdepau
07-05-2009, 21:43
Hi,

need help finding out what happened to my wl500w.
it was working fine till a couple a days ago when a power brownout/dropout happened twice in a short period of time..(like 10sec apart)..
after that my router is no longer able to get the wan ip..anyone has a clue on what to do?
the router works perfectly except it can no longer get it's external address from the cable modem.
Already tried to flash to the most recent firmware, no problems there.
My only guess is that somehow the WAN port is dead...yet the wan light in front of the router lights up when i connect it to the cable modem.

My lan has the broadband cable modem that connects to the router..a computer on another port and everything else is connected by wireless.
Also, tranfers between computers work fine.

Thanks in advance.

wpte
08-05-2009, 10:26
Hi,

need help finding out what happened to my wl500w.
it was working fine till a couple a days ago when a power brownout/dropout happened twice in a short period of time..(like 10sec apart)..
after that my router is no longer able to get the wan ip..anyone has a clue on what to do?
the router works perfectly except it can no longer get it's external address from the cable modem.
Already tried to flash to the most recent firmware, no problems there.
My only guess is that somehow the WAN port is dead...yet the wan light in front of the router lights up when i connect it to the cable modem.

My lan has the broadband cable modem that connects to the router..a computer on another port and everything else is connected by wireless.
Also, tranfers between computers work fine.

Thanks in advance.

blackouts... yes they are true killers I guess, I also had that with some devices that they worked half or something:confused:

what you can try is to flash firmware via the firmware restoration tool if you didn't try that yet...
also, keep the power off the router for maybe like... an hour or something. It might be that an electrical charge is still present in the port so it can't work properly:)

otherwise, go for the warrenty I would say;)

wengi
08-05-2009, 10:43
Hi,

did you try any other device directly connected to the modem?
Maybe the problem is your modem, not the router.

wengi