PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Failed to read tag: not enough data

neett
18-04-2009, 19:31
I get this error with some mp3 files located on my usb disk connected to wl500w, when i try to play them with totem or rhythmbox on my ubuntu maschine. If i copy the file from the usb disk to the maschine it plays, and in windows it plays normaly from the usb disk,... i dont know if this is something to do with the router or no?

wpte
20-04-2009, 14:23
I get this error with some mp3 files located on my usb disk connected to wl500w, when i try to play them with totem or rhythmbox on my ubuntu maschine. If i copy the file from the usb disk to the maschine it plays, and in windows it plays normaly from the usb disk,... i dont know if this is something to do with the router or no?

is this via a network share or via a mediaserver?
if it would be a media server, you can imagine that the server doesn't send over the IDtag data from the mp3 files (like title, artist, year, album and even a CD cover picture) in some cases

neett
20-04-2009, 18:34
this is via network share

wpte
22-04-2009, 01:19
this is via network share

what linux distro do you use then?
and what is the version of the samba client on that distro?

neett
22-04-2009, 17:26
on my pc i have ubuntu 8.04 with samba 3.2.3
on my laptop i now installed opensuse 11.1 with samba 3.2.7 and it works fine
il try upgrating samba on my pc, and then wee will see

neett
22-04-2009, 18:28
its probably not samba, i was using totem-gstreamer now i installed totem-xine and it plays it all, what is interesting is that on the laptop i also use totem-gstreamer the only difference is that it uses a newer wersion of gstreamer(0.10.22)