PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : server problems

Twofish
19-03-2004, 09:56
I have enabled web access from wan is and the port is 9999, and my router still responds to port 80 and not 9999?
anyone know how to fix this?
(i will eventually turn this feature off but not right now)

I also have a web/ftp/ssh server behind the router and under NAT settings I have enabled virtual server and port 20, 21, 22 and 80 is forwarded to the ip of my server, this doesent work either.

I have firmware 1.6.5.3, bootloader 2.2 and hardware 1.0

is something wrong with my router, or have i missed something?

Rippie
19-03-2004, 16:14
I have the same problem. I just cannot figure out how to properly forward the ports to my computers.

Oleg
19-03-2004, 16:41
Guys, have you tried to examine the iptables?
Try to execute iptables -L -v & iptables -L -v -t nat using
Main_AdmStatus_Content.asp

Rippie
19-03-2004, 19:28
When I use that command I get the following:

pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 DNAT tcp -- eth1 any anywhere [ my own ip ] tcp dpt:22 to:192.168.1.105
0 0 DNAT udp -- eth1 any anywhere [ my own ip ] udp dpt:22 to:192.168.1.105

I tried forwarding port 22 to my server. But i looks like it is in reverse. I have very little understanding of iptables, so can please someone explain to my what I should do?

Oleg
19-03-2004, 21:42
This looks ok, except you don't need to forward udp port for ssh.
I just verified Virtual Server stuff - everything works fine, but in order to verify this you should try to connect from the WAN side, you can't do this from LAN.

Twofish
20-03-2004, 09:34
that might be why i thought it didnt work, since i only tried to connect from LAN using my external ip

Oleg
20-03-2004, 10:25
:) This is a common mistake.

Twofish
20-03-2004, 18:58

muaddib
26-03-2004, 17:58
A little late perhaps, but I don't see why this is a common mistake!

On a DI-604 and on a Linksys BEFSR41 I can connect to my webserver from my lan using my external IP.

I think this is an WL-500g problem.

Oleg
26-03-2004, 18:12
From the customer point of view this is a wl-500g problem.
But if you take in account current configuration then you will notice, what this is a mistake for the linux user to try this. :) Sound weird? :D Ok, you're right.
This functionality could be added to the firmware - just ask ASUS. The thing is called "NAT of local connections". Anyway, I will try to add this to my firmware.

Antiloop
26-03-2004, 19:22
Originally posted by Oleg
From the customer point of view this is a wl-500g problem.
But if you take in account current configuration then you will notice, what this is a mistake for the linux user to try this. :) Sound weird? :D Ok, you're right.
This functionality could be added to the firmware - just ask ASUS. The thing is called "NAT of local connections". Anyway, I will try to add this to my firmware.

hm it is a fact, my other router did (DOES) not support this, also that router is far more advanced does VPN serving etc out of box

also my old Linux box that isn't running anymore, did also NOT support this

and in fact, i've never seen a router being capable of this. and it's not really necessary in my opinion.. but that's my opinion :)

but from users view, it would be handy indeed to test it..

muaddib
26-03-2004, 19:22
That would be awesome as that is the only thing that is stopping me from getting rid of my DI-604. Not that it's a bad router, but I'd like to use only one router.

muaddib
26-03-2004, 19:30
Antiloop

I have four computers on my local network. 2 Windows, 1 Linux and 1 OS/X/

One of the computers is a webserver set to reply differently to several websites (FQDN). When browsing the net on a different PC, with my DI-604 I can see each one of the websites I'm hosting with no problem whenever I put in any of the FQDN, but when I use the WL500g it doesnt work, it just shows me the setup screen for the router.

Here we might ask ASUS who is their market for the WL500g... is it the home user or a corporate user? I'd say that, becvause of the price, it is for the home user. And I believe this is a feature many home users would want to have.

Antiloop
26-03-2004, 21:12
Originally posted by muaddib
Antiloop

I have four computers on my local network. 2 Windows, 1 Linux and 1 OS/X/

One of the computers is a webserver set to reply differently to several websites (FQDN). When browsing the net on a different PC, with my DI-604 I can see each one of the websites I'm hosting with no problem whenever I put in any of the FQDN, but when I use the WL500g it doesnt work, it just shows me the setup screen for the router.

Here we might ask ASUS who is their market for the WL500g... is it the home user or a corporate user? I'd say that, becvause of the price, it is for the home user. And I believe this is a feature many home users would want to have.

to the fact of a home user.. the average home user does not Host websites :)
i know for you and me this is interresting.. and indeed, as i always used my Linux box which was doing virtual http too, as my gateway to the internet. those problems were not affecting the behaviour of my setup at that time..

your setup is affected by this indeed, so yes i agree with you. so it would not be a bad thing to be added then!