PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL 500g UserID Issue... So close I can taste it

rmartirano
26-01-2009, 21:01
Hi all,
I received and set up my WL 500w last week, got WiFi running pronto, ditto on the print server. I hooked up my Hitachi 1 TB external to the second USB port, ran through the setup without incident. I can see the drive and its folders from my laptop, but it won't recognize my userid/password. I've gone back into the setup, deleted and recreated new userids, checked the clearance for each ID, but my login keeps showing up invalid. When I do attempt to log on, after getting the login incorrect message, it reformats the userid I entered into the laptop as "[computer name]\userid", but still won't recognize on a repeated attempt.

Any thoughts/suggestions? I feel that seeing all of the folders on the drive suggests I'm close. The drive is straight out of the box (with a pause to load it up with backed up data from an old computer), perhaps I need to create a seperate partition or reformat?
Many thanks!

wpte
29-01-2009, 15:00
how do you try to connect to your 1TB drive?
what firmware are you using?
just a bit confused here:p

rmartirano
30-01-2009, 03:41
I've got the drive connected via USB, am finding it over Vista as part of my network. The main folder for the WL500W appears (eventually), accessing it gets me the subfolders that I have set up on the external drive, but then no matter how I config the user list settings and the users under the shared node (resetting and restarting when I'm done reconfiguring), I get a "Logon Unsuccessful (Windows is unable to log you on, be sure that your username and password are correct)" message.

Firmware is the default, straight out of the box.

I got pretty close today, was able to access the music folder on the external, had it mapped briefly and everything, but I couldn't get anything else and then got greedy (tried to restructure the folders and now I'm locked out again).

wpte
30-01-2009, 21:03
you mean, that you just try to connect via samba (shared folders)?
what you could try is to chmod the folders to 777 via FTP, sometimes works:)

rmartirano
02-02-2009, 15:56
I reset everything and started over again, remapped the drive, and now it's working... Not sure what I did, but thanks none the less :D