PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL-500g Can't connect via WLAN

Mikexxl
27-02-2005, 22:04
During a change of my previos configuration to a LG LAM200E DSL Modem (IP 192.168.178.1) I'd also to chage the configuration of my WL-500g.
(previous configuration using a FRITZ.Box WLAN just as a modem worked fine in any circumstances).

Software is now 1.8.1.9 (downgraded back from 1.9.2.7), router is accessible from LAN, acces to internet works also fine from LAN.
But access from WLAN does not work, either using DHCP or fixed network adresses on several different notebooks (one using SIemens PC Gigaset 54, the other DELL internal WLAN). Both worked well on the previous configuration.

Router also does not respond on ping from WLAN.

Another crazy issue is, that whenever I change router configuration, the network adress in the WAN IP setting for the gateway (which is 192.168.1.2) is replaced by 1.1.1.1 as well as subnet masked changes from 255.255.255.0 to 255.0.0.0, whenever I do not retype the correct gateway adress before a restart, access to the modem gets lost.

Any suggestions?

Thx
Mike

Oleg
28-02-2005, 06:47
Another crazy issue is, that whenever I change router configuration, the network adress in the WAN IP setting for the gateway (which is 192.168.1.2) is replaced by 1.1.1.1 as well as subnet masked changes from 255.255.255.0 to 255.0.0.0, whenever I do not retype the correct gateway adress before a restart, access to the modem gets lost.

Looks like you've specified the same net for both WAN and LAN. This is not alllowed.

Prae
02-03-2005, 19:10
I've got something like that: When I use anykind of passphrase for WLAN, I can't connect internet. Without passphrase nothing is wrong (I can connect internet without any problems)
I use firmware 1.9.2.7 and don't know what's wrong. Drivers of the (Intel) networkcard are updated etc etc. I just have 1 laptop to experiment with and all LAN-connected computers have no problems at all (just like Mike said)

PB_TLS
02-03-2005, 20:46
Hi, looks like the problem I'm facing now! Upgraded to 1.9.2.7.RC3c and WLAN only works if in Open mode without any encryption.
Same case : I've only an Asus Laptop on WLAN, with the latest v.9 Proset driver & utility.
I still have to check if the new fw has implemented some weird (for a newbie) feature that I did not notice and did not set on the laptop...

Just forgotten to mention that even when working, DHCP service seems to have failed to provide a "good" IP (I get the self given IP by XP)

PB_TLS
02-03-2005, 23:59
No more problem...
My advice: come back to the roots, review who names what with which name, and starting from scratch, re-enter all parameters

I did that... and discovered that WPA2 personnal (INTEL) is the same as WPA-PSK with AES (ASUS)...

:confused:

Prae
03-03-2005, 08:04
So you are saying that I have to get back to the default factory settings and re-enter your own settings?
And uhm.... you are mentioning WPA, but mostly I use WEP-encryption (btw, I don't know what you mean with the sentence about WPA2 personnell and WPA-PSK)

PB_TLS
03-03-2005, 09:16
You're right. I have reset the router, and entered anew all settings. On the laptop, I erased all profiles in the Proset utility, and entered the settings for the wifi network that was then detected.
And going thus stepwise, I discovered that I made 10x the same mistake in defining the kind of authentication / encryption because the name in the proset utility (Intel langage) was confusing with the name used by Asus in the router setting. I used "WPA personal" in the proset utility instead of WPA2 personal... because the Asus setting was WPA (no 2)-PSK.

Newbie error...

Prae
04-03-2005, 10:56
That's strange; I just installed the Proset utility from Intel, and with this utility I CAN connect with encryption. Didn't know that there was a difference between PROset and the Windows-connection-"program"
It is weird, but it is succesfull
(BTW, I haven't reset my router for this issue, and in my PROset utility WPA-PSK is just an option, there is no WPA2 (anymore;latest driver is from february))

greetz

PB_TLS
04-03-2005, 15:54
Didn't know that there was a difference between PROset and the Windows-connection-"program"
Well, PROset is a generic name for a package that contains a driver for Intel 2200g wifi card and an utility program to manage it. The driver is always used, but can be managed either by windows or by PROset utility. I do prefer the latest...

It is weird, but it is succesfull
Happy that your problem is solved

(BTW, I haven't reset my router for this issue, and in my PROset utility WPA-PSK is just an option, there is no WPA2 (anymore;latest driver is from february))
I had made so many "uncontrolled changes" that the reset was a good option on my side :D
Looks like your version of PROset is newer than mine (v.9.0.0.0)... where did you get it?

Prae
04-03-2005, 16:19
I DID prefer the windows connection "tool", but since this problem I will use the PROset Utility (always wondered what the meaning of this utility was for, lolz)

And here is the link for the latest Intel-driver:

Click here (http://support.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-010623.htm)

Good luck!

max2950
05-03-2005, 08:55
I've got something like that: When I use anykind of passphrase for WLAN, I can't connect internet. Without passphrase nothing is wrong (I can connect internet without any problems)

As i said in some other posts, i have the same problem. Using hex key solves this issue....

Prae
05-03-2005, 13:13
As i said in some other posts, i have the same problem. Using hex key solves this issue....
ah... well... with PROset you can use the passphrase again :D
But thanks for this solution

Mikexxl
06-03-2005, 11:53
I made a reset on the factory defaults and started with the automatic configuration and choose the first configuration: cable modem. Surprise surprise, everything worked immediately and without any further configuration. Also encrypted WLAN is doing fine now. Thanks to all for your comments and help

Mike