PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL-103b working with WPA-PSK: TKIP , But non AES option ?!

Stevio
26-02-2005, 01:17
The Asus 103b specs (http://www.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-103b/overview.htm) says:

This text is written a long time ago, cause the drivers now do support WPA. But i didnt see and cant find a new firmware.

64/128-bit WEP Will be firmware upgradeable to support WPA

Well my card does support WPA, but only for the moment i get TKIP working and i prefer AES (cause its more secure)

I tried different drivers (its a broadcom chipset). And i am using the latest (as far as i know) 3.70.220 driver. (also tried the driver bundled with dell truemobile 1400 , its 3.100.*** , but didnt work)

I also tried different WLAN connection utility programs such like the asus wlan utility, dell wlan util etc. All show only the wpa-psk option : TKIP.

When i put my boss wl107g card in my laptop (i know its a different chipset it works flawless and asus wlan utility show the AES option.

So i am certain its something with driver than something with a wlan utility program.

I hope somebody have AES working with the Asus 103b, because i read in a lot of articles that the card is capable with WPA-PSK AES algoritme, and is willing to help me

Antiloop
26-02-2005, 03:28
it is not capable of doing WPA with AES

WL120b does not support it as well, using broadcom chipset as well.
the WL500b uses WL120b card

Stevio
26-02-2005, 10:55
it is not capable of doing WPA with AES

WL120b does not support it as well, using broadcom chipset as well.
the WL500b uses WL120b card

Thanx for your quick reply. I know the 107g has a different chipset and does support WPA with AES. But the strange thing is that i saw on different sites that the 103b (the on i have) is capable of doing WPA with AES in the future with a firmware upgrade. I even searched for any customised firmwares for this chip, but without any result.