PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : New router?!?! WL-530G DLX ??

gwl
25-02-2005, 13:50
I was checking the prices at newegg when I found this:
ASUS Wireless Router + Media Storage w/ Afterburner Technology, Model "WL-530G DLX" -RETAIL
Model# WL-500G DLX (!!!!)
Item # N82E16839112005
[ http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=39-112-005&depa=0 ]

Anyway.. they say it's a "Media Storage" unit... ?!? but there's no reference to an internal IDE connector... I guess they're talking about the possiblility to interface a USB-HD...

:confused:

Oleg
25-02-2005, 13:53
this is 500g deluxe. They've messed info. See Model #.

gwl
25-02-2005, 14:05
this is 500g deluxe. They've messed info. See Model #.

Yes, I noticed that. The only thing that was weird, was the "Media Storage" stuff... So I thought that, maybe Asus heard my prairs, and "secretly" released a WL500GX with internal IDE connector... :)

Antiloop
25-02-2005, 14:07
indeed, see attached picture of WL530g, if wanted GPL is also available for download but it does NOT use broadcom chipset stuff

rwhitby
21-04-2005, 03:43
indeed, see attached picture of WL530g, if wanted GPL is also available for download but it does NOT use broadcom chipset stuff

Antiloop, do you have any internal photos or internal specs?

I have just ordered one of these. It should arrive next week some time. I will be opening it up immediately to take some photos :-)

The only problem is I'm not sure where I can put a serial port or USB device connector on that small case ....

-- Rod

Oleg
21-04-2005, 07:41
Antiloop, do you have any internal photos or internal specs?

I have just ordered one of these. It should arrive next week some time. I will be opening it up immediately to take some photos :-)

The only problem is I'm not sure where I can put a serial port or USB device connector on that small case ....

-- Rod
Rod, pics are available on the FCC site. It's based on the marvel chipset and has two PCBs stacked one above other.