PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Firmware 1.9.2.7-3c from Oleg and 1.2.3.2 from ASUS for WLHDD, some features...

undead
23-02-2005, 09:00
I try Firmware 1.2.3.2 (and some early) from ASUS, and find some cool features:
1. Dual USB-storage mode - Auto sharing and auto copy to HDD
2. Web-interface for administration have pages for share some folders in Samba and FTP, set users access rights, format and check disks.
3. Shutdown page for safe shutdown

How this functionality can be added to 1.9.2.7-3c sources from ASUS GPL for WLHDD ?

Oleg, do you plan to extend functionality with WLHDD specific functions? Becouse 1.9.2.7 was developed by ASUS without supporting WLHDD, in your patch to 1.9.2.7-3c added manually only suport for compilation for WLHDD...

And question about hardware: can I modify actions on press BOX button to custom (to run script on 1,2,3 short presses, for example to ON/OFF WiFi, copy from USB-Storage to HDD, e.t.c.), where I can find this in sources ??

Oleg
23-02-2005, 09:24
I try Firmware 1.2.3.2 (and some early) from ASUS, and find some cool features:
1. Dual USB-storage mode - Auto sharing and auto copy to HDD
2. Web-interface for administration have pages for share some folders in Samba and FTP, set users access rights, format and check disks.
3. Shutdown page for safe shutdown

How this functionality can be added to 1.9.2.7-3c sources from ASUS GPL for WLHDD ?

Well, you need to implement this. At the moment only basic things are added to the 1.9.2.7-3c, I was in hope that someone owning wl-hdd could take care of adding wl-hdd features...

Oleg, do you plan to extend functionality with WLHDD specific functions? Becouse 1.9.2.7 was developed by ASUS without supporting WLHDD, in your patch to 1.9.2.7-3c added manually only suport for compilation for WLHDD...

Yes, but I've no much time, as well I do not have wl-hdd. :)

And question about hardware: can I modify actions on press BOX button to custom (to run script on 1,2,3 short presses, for example to ON/OFF WiFi, copy from USB-Storage to HDD, e.t.c.), where I can find this in sources ??
Sure, it's totally software driven.

undead
23-02-2005, 10:37
Well, you need to implement this. At the moment only basic things are added to the 1.9.2.7-3c, I was in hope that someone owning wl-hdd could take care of adding wl-hdd features...I will be try to do this, if have time...
I already compiled from 1.9.2.7-3c sources (add on your site "make lzma" in prepare compilation steps for 1.9.2.7-3c) with custom configuration of busybox and kernel (enable support of more tools in busybox and drivers in kernel for some devices and HDD) and planing to move Firmware files to HDD, where I will experementing with them, may be I add some stuff...

Yes, but I've no much time, as well I do not have wl-hdd. :) I buy WLHDD 2 wheek ago in Moscow, and discover that this is more than I expect - with custom Firmware and many tools - this is a "small server" (But CPU is not so faster and only 16Mb of memory)... I am live in Russia in Saint-Petersburgh and plan move work to Moscow, we may talk about WLHDD (I can help possibly with testing e.t.c.) in Russian by mail or private.

Sure, it's totally software driven.Who know where source for box button placed (path in src/router/...) ???

Oleg
23-02-2005, 11:17
I will be try to do this, if have time...
I already compiled from 1.9.2.7-3c sources (add on your site "make lzma" in prepare compilation steps for 1.9.2.7-3c)

Sure, this should be done in the kernel target.

I am live in Russia in Saint-Petersburgh and plan move work to Moscow, we may talk about WLHDD (I can help possibly with testing e.t.c.) in Russian by mail or private.

ok.

Who know where source for box button placed (path in src/router/...) ???
In the 1.9.2.7-3c this is in the rc/watchdog.c

undead
23-02-2005, 11:37
Sure, this should be done in the kernel target.
Ok, sorry, I am try first before compilation only "make" without "make kernel" in patch folder :rolleyes: , and see error with "lzma not found...", and then use "make lzma", then "make kernel"... "If not working - read instruction again"... :cool: - I am too haste...

In the 1.9.2.7-3c this is in the rc/watchdog.c
Thanks, will be researching watchdoc.c, I reach till to "rc" only ...

pheny
18-04-2005, 18:19
I'm planning to change my wl500g into wl-hdd because of less size... but l'm not sure about NAT.
Is there NAT in wl-hdd with oleg's firmware?

hugo
19-04-2005, 10:59
Yes, you get everything from a Wl-500g, exect the parallel port, and the 4 port lan switch (you get only one). Otherwise, it give more fonctionality due to the speed of HDD.