PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : My WL500W is playing games with me!!!!

danielccm
17-12-2008, 16:45
If I reset it to factory default, my Vista Premium HTPC connects to it at N speed.. that is, 300mb

The minute I change the Network name and the protection to WPA, the speed drops to G-mode 54mb

It is driving me f'ing nuts... been fiddling around with everything but still nothing...

right now I'm using the G mode, but obviously I want to connect to it at 300 so I can plug in the 1Tb USB HD I have (which I've been using with the same router, so I know it works) and watch the movies from the living room...

oh and also... any ideas on how to improve the torrent/emule auto downloading part of the router?

I'm not used to changing firmwares so if that's needed, please be cool and tell me where to find a step by step tutorial! :D

THANKS FOR READING ME!

Oh, yeah, and... I'm using a Dlink DWA-547 802.11N PCI Card... so it should work... right?

wpte
17-12-2008, 22:47
If I reset it to factory default, my Vista Premium HTPC connects to it at N speed.. that is, 300mb

The minute I change the Network name and the protection to WPA, the speed drops to G-mode 54mb

It is driving me f'ing nuts... been fiddling around with everything but still nothing...

right now I'm using the G mode, but obviously I want to connect to it at 300 so I can plug in the 1Tb USB HD I have (which I've been using with the same router, so I know it works) and watch the movies from the living room...

oh and also... any ideas on how to improve the torrent/emule auto downloading part of the router?

I'm not used to changing firmwares so if that's needed, please be cool and tell me where to find a step by step tutorial! :D

THANKS FOR READING ME!

Oh, yeah, and... I'm using a Dlink DWA-547 802.11N PCI Card... so it should work... right?

I tought it was a known problem for the standart firmware when put on WPA...

btw, the max speed the router can get is 270mbit, since it's draft-n v1 and not v2:)

anyway, can you take screenshots of what you have set up in the advanced wireless settings and in the normal wireless settings?:)

danielccm
22-12-2008, 07:24
I've been looking into all the security options that were available and found out that if I used WPA-PSK with the AES option (instead of the one I always used TKIP) then Windows showed 300Mbps... :)

Now I've only got to:

a) Fight with the Download Master to make torrents run as fast as they do with my utorrent... any ideas?

b) Figure out what an unknown device in my P2-M2A690G installation is... but that I know is a different forum alltogether... :)

Thanks a bunch!

wpte
23-12-2008, 00:25
I've been looking into all the security options that were available and found out that if I used WPA-PSK with the AES option (instead of the one I always used TKIP) then Windows showed 300Mbps... :)

Now I've only got to:

a) Fight with the Download Master to make torrents run as fast as they do with my utorrent... any ideas?

b) Figure out what an unknown device in my P2-M2A690G installation is... but that I know is a different forum alltogether... :)

Thanks a bunch!

well... as again, it's 270mbps, not 300 :P
maybe you're talking about the send rate of your wifi-card, but the router only sends 270mbits

anyway:
A) you will be fighting something you can't.. the download master is just slow. The fastest torrent client I used on olegs is Rtorrent, wich gets around 500kb/s down, while utorrent easily manage to get 2mb/s

B) Install your mobo drivers;)