PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : WL-HDD User Permissions

henri95
20-02-2005, 15:38
Hello,

I have a WL HDD. Everything works OK. I have full Access if i only use the Guest Acount. But in this Mode everyone in my network has full Access to the drive. If i create Users, and give permissions to Folders, there is a problem
when i want to open the Folder with the Windows XP Explorer. The following Message is displayed:

http://www.nonnenroth.de/asus.jpg

So i have no Chance to change the User. I can't use the Usernames I created on the WL HDD. This happens with every Firmware Version and at all of my Windows XP Computers, and also with one Windows 2000 Computer. Is This a Problem of the WL HDD or of Windows? I hope someone can help me with my Problem.

RKT
27-02-2005, 17:41
1.) You have to use the same usernames as for login in windows
2.) Create the accounts on the WL-HDD in lowercase with the same password using in windows
3.) When using static IP you should try the beta firmware 1.2.3.2

regards, ralf

henri95
28-02-2005, 10:12
Hello Ralf,

thank you for the tips! I tried all of them, but it was no help. I have the same problem as before. I have this problem since I buyed this NAS.
Now I think it was a mistake to buy it. I tried to get help fro Asus, but noone was able to help me - I am waiting for Answer of Asus-Support since nearly 2 weeks. Maybe there is another solution that could help me. I think this must be a Windows problem, but I dont know where I have to look for.

I hope someone could help me!

Stefan

RKT
28-02-2005, 18:38
Did you try the the FAQ "How to by pass Windows login screen or create share drive on Windows XP system?" from the ASUS FAQ (http://www.asus.it/support/faq/faqmodel.aspx?ModelName=WL-HDD2.5) ?

And: You have to create the rights for every share!

regards Ralf

henri95
01-03-2005, 09:20
Hello Ralf,

thank you for your help, I tried to the FAQ, but its still the same. For tests I only have one share and created the rights for it. Now I dont know what i can do anymore.

Thank you Stefan

undead
01-03-2005, 19:25
Try do this: reboot or relogon to system and restart wlhdd, ckick right mouse button on "my computer" and choose map network drive, than select drive letter, enter path to wlhdd shared folder, like "\\wlhdd\part1" and click on link "Connect using different user name", where your can enter other name and password, then press enter....
If it is not working - see smb.conf on wlhdd (in backdoor type "cat /tmp/etc/config/smb.conf" and press refresh, they must have option "encrypt password = yes")

Others, you can use tool net, like "net use \\wlhdd\part1 /user:admin"

Also see in backdoor "cat /tmp/etc/config/smbpasswd" for present of needed accounts, if absent, then you must use package from JockyW (no rewrite firmware, only tools) and run telnetd, where add account and passwords to smbpasswd and save flashfs (or without package for try you can in backdoor run "smbpasswd -a <login> <password>" and view again /tmp/etc/config/smbpasswd file)

Utter Braten
01-03-2005, 19:46
Try do this: reboot or relogon to system and restart wlhdd, ckick right mouse button on "my computer" and choose map network drive, than select drive letter, enter path to wlhdd shared folder, like "\\wlhdd\part1" and click on link "Connect using different user name", where your can enter other name and password, then press enter....
If it is not working - see smb.conf on wlhdd (in backdoor type "cat /tmp/etc/config/smb.conf" and press refresh, they must have option "encrypt password = yes")

Others, you can use tool net, like "net use \\wlhdd\part1 /user:admin"

Also see in backdoor "cat /tmp/etc/config/smbpasswd" for present of needed accounts, if absent, than you must use package from JockyW (no rewrite firmware, only tools) and run telnetd, where add account and passwords to smbpasswd and save flashfs

:::::::Others, you can use tool net, like "net use \\wlhdd\part1 /user:admin"

This does not work. The asus is broken for windows. I believe this should be tested in windows by asus before release to the public. Am I right, or am I right?

Backdoor? OMG! What else can cracker hackers do now with this asus?

undead
02-03-2005, 07:00
Backdoor - is link in authorized wlhdd admin site for run custom programs (search forum for this)...

Samba works in WinXP, I used them, all fine...

Try to login to SMB (win network) on other Linux servers from your machine...

gerd
02-03-2005, 10:37

Really ? and what if ia have disabled crypetd passwords on my winXp machines ? Now (at least) i have an idea why i can't connect with asus firmware to my share...(also not to guest account) is there a way to disable this "feature" ?

Ciao Gerd

undead
02-03-2005, 11:27
Really ? and what if ia have disabled crypetd passwords on my WinXp machines ? Now (at least) i have an idea why i can't connect with asus firmware to my share...(also not to guest account) is there a way to disable this "feature" ?
Ciao Gerd

In firmware 1.2.3.0 and 1.2.3.2, if I remember, used encrypted passwords, but I can't check this now, becourse experimenting with 1.9.2.7-3c firmware from Oleg (see /tmp/etc/config/smb.conf on wlhdd for details)

In Windows you can enable unencrypted passwords in property "Send unencrypted passwords to connect third-party SMB servers" in Security options of Local policy on your computer (may use Run > gpedit.msc > Computer config > Win settings > Local > Security), after set - relogon or reboot needed

also see /tmp/etc/config/smbpasswd on wlhdd for present needed accounts

gerd
03-03-2005, 09:13
Maybe my text was not so clear....
i'm running actually with plain text passwords, thats why i think that i do not get access to my shares.... and i don't want to set it up in windows because otherwise i have to setup my linux server with encrypted passwords.
i'm wondering why i do not get at least access to the guest account on wl-hdd with original 1.2.3.x firmware.

Ciao Gerd