PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : 1.9.2.7 Audio features

Oleg
08-02-2005, 15:45
Well, I'm wonder if someone here uses new Audio "features" added with the 1.9.2.7 firmware. Do we need this?

majx
08-02-2005, 15:51
I removed both audio and video modules from the linux-src
(via make menuconfig)

for me it's ok

wiz
08-02-2005, 16:04
It is the most useless feature I have seen so far. I wonder if there are people that hook up a webcam to it or usb speakers anyways.

Would be nice to free up the memory to make room for something useful. :D

Oleg
08-02-2005, 16:07
Well, I think ASUS should concentrate on fixing existing bugs rather than add new "features", which are totally useless for router box.

wiz
08-02-2005, 16:13
I agree, like hooking up usb speakers will help sell this thing because it has got a unique selling point.

Personally I don't think there is a single soul on earth that wanted to hook up speakers to an access point / router in the first place.

And you are totally right about fixing bugs first before putting in new features. Get all the current things running nicely first, and once that is done, develop something useful for it.

Like ip6 support for it, or vpn services :D

majx
08-02-2005, 16:15
leave asus-guys working...they create their firmware for end-users.

It think it's better to patch their sources to remove uneeded tools to be able to add more needed ones.
(btw, why are iptables patched to remove "multiport"?):rolleyes:

In the case, somebody wants to compile them in...he will be provided with input on how to do it.

Keep it small, keep it simple

hugo
08-02-2005, 16:39
Well, I'm using the webcam on daily basis, but using other pwc.o and using palantir. Audio could be usefull for someone with the right speakers, but this should be a remote part of the router users.
So audio is useless, video is not (in fact, it was a selling point for me).

ottohans
08-02-2005, 21:17
Im on Hugos line, cam is good, audio is less.
I use two 500g in WDS mode to get a link between two buildings and the support for camera is a superb function for me todo supervising off the buildings.

i-beast-a
08-02-2005, 21:48
This exacltly the thing I wanted to make clear in the topic "features or stability"

I think there are much more important things to fix that only introduce features that look nice on the package.

RoofCat
08-02-2005, 22:43
I'll second Hugo - video is useful, audio is useless (for me and for now :) )

regards,
Roofcat

wiz
09-02-2005, 08:52
grin,

never thought people actually would use the webcam feature.

Would be nice if you could switch off "features" if you don't want to use so if you don't use that particular feature its drivers and software don't take up memory.

palbeda
10-02-2005, 10:13
Well, I think the designers have made the wrong design decision. It would be great if I would be able to connect and FM tuner, MP3 jukebox or other audio sources to the unit and be able to listen to the music via the Internet or Wifi. I see absolutely no use for a streaming audio client on the WL500G, but I would love to have streaming audio server capability on the wl500g.

Peter

gwl
10-02-2005, 15:08
Imagine the following scenario:

You have to monitor a factory storage room, and make sure nobody "borrows" stuff.
So, you place a WL500G in client mode, a USB webcam and a usb speaker... on the ceiling of the room.
When the router detects motion, you get notified in your pc, and if needed you can let people know that you have an eye on them...
(it can even be a recorded message.. saying "your actions are beying recorded...")

For this kind of aplications, the audio features are welcome.

phedny
10-02-2005, 15:34
(it can even be a recorded message.. saying "your actions are beying recorded...")

It must be a recorded message, since the client is a Windows Media Player plugin.

Also I think the audio feature is pretty useless. It would have more use if a virtual driver would be installed, so the speakers can be used from any application (or just another media player :rolleyes: ), but then I won't use it either, because I've got a sound card in my computer (cool huh, guess you don't have one :D )

benlau
15-02-2005, 16:02
I guest they want to make their device work as much like a Squeezebox? At least that would interest me, becoz I want to own such a similiar devices for a long time. I will try it when I got a USB audio device, if it is fine, I hope i can get a SlimServer's client running on it.

Antiloop
15-02-2005, 23:04
Ì don't need audio shit as well, the only thing I COULD MAYBE find interesting for audio was if it supported shoutcast streams.. e.g. I enter up a Shoutcast address in websetup so the device starts streaming it from the internet/intranet to the speakers

at this moment when I need such feature I use my Asus A716 Pda to do the same, but antenna from WL500g is better..

eludias
16-02-2005, 20:28
Speakers of 2W directly attached to the ASUS are pretty useless. I couldn't find any here in the list of 'supported speakers'. Not that I found for example the 'ASUS Speakers', but still...)

However, has anyone succes with a USB audio card attached to the router? This would be useful to play mp3s to the stereo.

Problems:
- Which USB audio card is supported?
Linux 2.4.20 'make menuconfig' only supports the EMI 2|6 USB audio card if I'm correct. Compiling ALSA for 2.4.20 might work?
- Is the ASUS (500g) powerful enough for mp3 playing? Or do I need the 500gs? Or should I forget it? 'madplay' doesn't require a FPU and should be optimized for cases like this...

benlau
17-02-2005, 07:13
Speakers of 2W directly attached to the ASUS are pretty useless. I couldn't find any here in the list of 'supported speakers'. Not that I found for example the 'ASUS Speakers', but still...)

However, has anyone succes with a USB audio card attached to the router? This would be useful to play mp3s to the stereo.

Problems:
- Which USB audio card is supported?
Linux 2.4.20 'make menuconfig' only supports the EMI 2|6 USB audio card if I'm correct. Compiling ALSA for 2.4.20 might work?
- Is the ASUS (500g) powerful enough for mp3 playing? Or do I need the 500gs? Or should I forget it? 'madplay' doesn't require a FPU and should be optimized for cases like this...

I just played with a wl500g box. Unfortunately that I couldn't use it original waveserver to play mp3. The media player report that "DEVICE not found".
The AP is connected directly to the second lan card on the windows desktop. I am not sure is the cause of problem. And I found no way to specific the IP address of my box..

Therefore I compiled a madplay by myself. It seem that it is quite smooth to run on this box(if i remove unwanted applications). Here is the output of "top"

Mem: 12256K used, 1892K free, 0K shrd, 1232K buff, 6228K cached
Load average: 0.61, 0.24, 0.10 (State: S=sleeping R=running, W=waiting)

PID USER STATUS RSS PPID %CPU %MEM COMMAND
497 admin R 352 496 58.1 2.4 madplay
491 admin S 536 472 3.0 3.7 slimp3slave
498 admin R 412 465 2.1 2.9 top
471 admin S 412 464 1.7 2.9 top
40 admin S 320 1 0.7 2.2 telnetd
1 admin S 684 0 0.0 4.8 init

[..removed..]

On the same time, I have compiled a program called slimp3slave client that able to communicate with a SlimServer. That is a MP3 streaming server that work on Linux/Windows/Max OS X and even Solaris.

The Dude
07-03-2005, 14:16
Welll I´m using the Sony CAV-U5 USB Digital converter to connect the WL 500g to my optical stereo port and it works fine to me!
One problem is that ASUS made the speaker tool for WMP only, so I'm waiting for an iTunes plug in... or are there some plug-ins already.

Thx.

Alfredo Traps
12-03-2005, 00:20
Using an usb-audio adapter on the wl-500g with my stereo, turns my notebook into a jukebox.
A really nice feature!

xopr
14-03-2005, 00:37
(Updated, enables it to use paths in the URL)

Someday I'm gonna use the usb sound module as a voIP addon.

Until that day, it sounds good to hear a shoutcast stream.
I used benlau's madplay (http://wl500g.info/attachment.php?attachmentid=376), and eludias' netcat (http://www.wingding.demon.nl/) binaries
To get everything together, I made a script which eases the use of enabling a webstream.

'stream' script

#!/bin/sh
#STREAM V1.1
#POINT TO THE PATH WHERE YOUR MADPLAY AND NETCAT BINARIES ARE
BINPATH=/tmp/harddisk/tmp

case "$1" in
"start")
echo -n "Starting stream.. "
if [ -z $4 ]; then
WEBPATH=/
else
WEBPATH=$4
fi
echo -e "GET $WEBPATH HTTP/1.0\nHost: $2\nUser-Agent: WinampMPEG/2.9\nAccept: */*\nIcy-MetaData:0\nConnection: close\n\n" | $BINPATH/netcat-0.7.1 $2 $3 | $BINPATH/madplay -i -Q -o /dev/sound/dsp - & 2>&1 > /dev/null
echo "Done"
;;
"stop")
echo -n "stopping stuff.. "
killall -q -9 netcat-0.7.1 madplay 2>&1 >/dev/null
echo "Done"
;;
*)
echo -e "Usage:\t$0 start host.tld port path\n\t$0 stop"
;;
esac

Madplay gives some sync errors, but I ignore everything by redirecting all output to /dev/null :)

To use the script you just adapted, put somewhere and made it executable, just type ./stream start radio.bmj.net 8000
I made a second script for the http daemon which runs the above command, but unfortunately, it doesn't output any html data (yet), because the script seems to wait for user input.

palbeda
14-03-2005, 10:42
Just to report that MADPLAY works fine with the Sitecom CN-126 USB 5.1 audio adaptor on my WL500G. It will not work with the standard ASUS WMP streaming features, seems to be strictly limited to ASUS USB boxes.

The earlier posted version SMIXER works well to control in- and outputs, but for some reason does not seem to notice that "Mic" and "Line in" can be used as recording inputs. But I have the same problem with the webcam (Philips).

Shoutcast streaming from the WL500G is something I would really like.

Peter

xopr
14-03-2005, 12:01
@palbeda
To play a shoutcast station at your router, you could use the script I posted previously

To stream your MP3 through your router (make a shoutcast server), you may want to look at AMPLE (http://ample.sourceforge.net/), but I don't know enough about compiling.

xopr
16-03-2005, 16:51
I received a list of shoutcast servers and thought: "it would come in handy if I have a webpage where I can choose which station I want to listen."
So I made another script some of you might be interested in.
Just put this file into your cgi-bin directory of your secondary webserver and browse to the name of this script.

There's still only one problem: if I start a stream, there won't be any page output.
Maybe someone has a solution for this.

#!/bin/sh
# WEBRADIO SCRIPT V1.1
echo "Content-type: text/html;"
echo

# SERVER FILE FORMAT:
# <host> <port> <url_path> <description of station with spaces allowed>
SERVERFILE=stations

# EXTRACT PARAMETER, IF PRESENT
# THIS CAN BE script?param=value&param2=value2...
# OR CAN BE script/param=value&param2=value2...
ESC_SCRIPT_NAME=`echo $SCRIPT_NAME | sed -r 's/\//\\\\\//g'`
PARAM=`echo $REQUEST_URI | sed -e "s/$ESC_SCRIPT_NAME.//g"`

if [ "$SCRIPT_NAME" != "$REQUEST_URI" ]; then
# MAKE VARIABLES OUT OF THE PARAMETER
`echo -e export "$PARAM" | sed -e "s/&/\nexport /g"`

# NO HOST GIVEN, PROBABLY WANTS TO STOP THE STREAM
if [ -z "$host" ]; then
./stream stop
exit 0;
fi

# STARTING STREAM, USES THE STREAM SCRIPT
./stream stop > /dev/null
./stream start $host $port $urlpath
else
# DEFAULT: NO PARAMS GIVEN
# PRINT THE SERVER LIST
cat $SERVERFILE | sed -r "s/([^ ]*) ([^ ]*) ([^ ]+) (.*)/< a. h.r.e.f.=\"$ESC_SCRIPT_NAME?host=\1\&port=\2\&urlpath=\3\">\1:\2\3 \"\4\"<\/a><br \/>\n/g"
fi

Also, it is likely, you have to kill the waveserver and waveservermain processes, otherwise you can't access your soundblaster device

Update:
I improved the script a little to play streams which contain paths in their url (Like Digitally Imported does: 64.236.34.67 80 /stream/1017 DI DJ mixes 96k)
You have to use the updated stream script posted earlier.
To show an example stations file:

radio.bmj.net 8000 / Bash.org radio (trance)
rs1.radiostreamer.com / 8370 70's
classical.music4free.no-ip.org 8000 / Classic
radioprank.com 8000 / Comic
www.media4fun.com 8004 / Music Hq
native.screaminghost.com 8010 / Mixed
64.236.34.67 80 /stream/1017 DI DJ mixes 96k
/ Stop stream

pete
01-04-2005, 09:06
Well, I'm wonder if someone here uses new Audio "features" added with the 1.9.2.7 firmware. Do we need this?

Well, I do have an interest in that.
I'm searching to implement a sort of radio over lan system at home.
It needs to be simple and cheap; This rules out the use of a PDA.
The wl500g is a "low cost" thing and I've got a 15€ USB sound card which goes well with it.

For this project I don't think I'll need the WLan interface, nor the routing capabilities.But anyway Imagine a portable wireless Ethernet radio!! : :)

What I would like to find is the source code of that waveserver and waveservermain deamons running on the 1.9.4.7 custom firmware. I haven't found them in the source package yet!

Anyway I've done some sniffing while playing audio and it doesn't seem to be too hard but I would like to know what exactly these 2 deamons are doing.

What I would like to do is to stream audio from another machine (mp3 server, radio capture card,...) to different boxes located in my house.

So you see that yes there are guys interested in using the audio feature on the wl500g.

Graldensblud
05-05-2005, 09:06
I bought the router specifically for the audio option. In a domestic setup its cool. I can wirelessly use my laptop anywhere in my room, whilst still being able to play music from my proper speaker system.

I will just add that Maplin's cheapo £12.99 usb-to-audio dongle works perfectly with this (added to compatability list). Easy.

Hydra
28-05-2005, 18:17
I think this is a really great idea.

My main PC has two uses (for audio at least, it does lot of other things too):

1) Playing Music
2) Playing On-Line Games that need stereo headset + mic

Now, you might think I'm lazy, but I really hate having to switch from using the headphones+mic back to my amp. Given a decent USB Audio device I would be able to hook up both my headphones + mic + music, all at the same time and never have to change cables again!

Combine that with a plugin for winamp that lets you control the playlist from a wireless pocket pc (last time i checked there were some webbrowser plugins for winamp too) and I can control the music from my pocket pc in it's crade *while* i'm playing a game ;)

:D

SocoNaTromba
30-05-2005, 21:43
Ì don't need audio shit as well, the only thing I COULD MAYBE find interesting for audio was if it supported shoutcast streams.. e.g. I enter up a Shoutcast address in websetup so the device starts streaming it from the internet/intranet to the speakers

I totally agree!

I hate those all-in-one things wich has nothing to do between them ... it is just a marketing technique...
I would prefer so much to see full support with bluetooth dongles... fitting in a firmware for internal router memory without any data storage device connected.
And how 'bout a Radius server? :D :cool:
But any thing related to network tools is fine for me. think about that on next firmware releases, you custom developers... so far I'm loving the hard work seen on this forum.

Reflex
13-06-2005, 15:17
Hi!

I will try to use the audio feature on a wl-hdd with a usb2audio convertor (already ordered in ebay). The wl-hdd will connect to my car hifi system, controlled via wlan pocketpc (mda compact).

c ya
Reflex

rmdijkman
20-06-2005, 13:36
I bought a USB harddisk and USB2Audio convertor and attached them to my WL-500GX.

Then I wrote a PHP web-page to select MP3's from my harddisk and play them through the USB2Audio. I can access this web-page with my WiFi enabled PDA.

Works like a charm. Now I have a completely silent MP3 player in the living room that I control with my PDA.

If anybody is interested in the PHP code, I would be happy to post it (it does need some cleaning up though :o )

Reflex
20-06-2005, 19:37
@ rmdijkman: please post your php code - i am very interested in it. Maybe you can give also a little description how you put everything together...
Thanks!

rmdijkman
23-06-2005, 21:35
Please find the php script attached. Extract it to your www directory.

The script assumes that you have the following packages installed:
php-thttpd (see macsat.com for details)
madplay
procps

Change the following files such that they refer to the appropriate locations on your filesystem:
globals.php (change all variables if necessary)
play (change PLAYLISTFILE, PIDFILE, NRFILE if necessary)
play.wrapper (change /opt/share/www/play if necessary)

You can leave: PLAYLISTFILE/$playlistfile, PIDFILE/$pidfile and NRFILE/$playnrfile unchanged (they refer to temporary files). If you change them, make sure you change them, such that each pair refers to the same file.

$playscript must refer to the play.wrapper script
$mp3dir must refer to the directory where you keep your mp3's
/opt/share/www/play must refer to the play script.

Watch the permissions of the user as whom the thttpd executes php. This user needs read/write permission to store temporary files, execute permission to execute shell commands as required and read permission in your mp3 directory. I solved this problem by setting the user to admin :eek: . To this end, change in /opt/share/thttpd.conf:
user=admin

Let me know if it works for you.

Reflex
30-06-2005, 13:17
Many thanks!
I will try it out soon...

rdk
06-07-2005, 12:30
I have plugged in an FM Transmitter to the USB audio dongle and now I enjoy sound everywhere in the house where is a FM Radio :D

I consider using this to wake we up in the morning but somebody knows how to set this up? It would be nice to have an Alarm clock on the wl500g :)

Cheers,
Rainer

Oleg
06-07-2005, 12:47
It would be nice to have an Alarm clock on the wl500g :)

Cheers,
Rainer
... and toaster. :D This would never be added to web iface, but it's already there.

rdk
06-07-2005, 15:40
... and toaster. This would never be added to web iface, but it's already there.
.. :D maybe also coffee machine, anybody knows a good USB coffee machine, please? ;)

Considering that I have added an FM transmitter to it its not so bad to "wake up the house" althought I now you consider the audio features useless ....

What you mean by its there? Scheduling a cronjob to start madplay playing every morning you mean or something like that?

Cheers,
Rainer

Oleg
06-07-2005, 16:58
What you mean by its there? Scheduling a cronjob to start madplay playing every morning you mean or something like that?

Yes, exactly. There are number of features, which could be done just by typing several commands, rather than implemented in firmware. Once done, this could be published on the forum, to help others.

rdk
06-07-2005, 19:03
Absolutetly, I don't think including this neither in the webinterface nor the firmware would be useful for many people. :o

When I have some time I will try to post something like an alarm script configurable via a webpage on thttp :)

Regards,
Rainer

Reflex
09-07-2005, 09:49
Let me know if it works for you.

Hi rmdijkman!
I tried it today (it took some time to find out about waveserver and that he is blocking the audio device) and its working fine!
I will try to add a changer mode: That will play all directories in order and 2 more buttons to go forward and back in directories. For audiobooks this is easier then the playlist mode.
Thank you very much!
c ya
Reflex

Tuur
08-08-2005, 14:39
I have plugged in an FM Transmitter to the USB audio dongle and now I enjoy sound everywhere in the house where is a FM Radio :D

Me too!

Got this one: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/6f4e/

barchan
28-09-2005, 22:27
Me too!

Got this one: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/audio/6f4e/

I am now waiting for my wl500g deluxe that is supposed to arrive this Friday.

Tuur, is it sufficient to plug the usb 2 fm adapter directly to wl500g's USB port or is some soundcard required?

Barchan

HansderGroße
01-11-2005, 01:42
Hi rmdijkman!
I tried it today (it took some time to find out about waveserver and that he is blocking the audio device) and its working fine!
I will try to add a changer mode: That will play all directories in order and 2 more buttons to go forward and back in directories. For audiobooks this is easier then the playlist mode.
Thank you very much!
c ya
Reflex

Hello Reflex, hello @All!

Sorry, I may ask a stupip question.
Do you mean you got the audio output (via USB soundcard) working on the WL-HDD?

I am just "on the way" buying this product and this feature would be really great.
If I own it I would also be very interested in the (modified) php script and a newbie tutorial. :)

Edit: Which usb2audio brand have you chosen? Maybe they all work or do they have to meet special requirements?
Edit2: Is the only requirement "USB audio spezification V 1.0"?

Thank you very much.

Hans

kristel
22-11-2005, 20:43
Hi
I'm working with a laptop comp. and working makes easyer with sound :)
And to listen music with my laptop-speakers is not realy a nice thing, so with the waverserver of wl500g and the small usb audiointerface from mediatek connected to usb hub on one and to my hifi at the other side (optical or line) it's mutch better... and all without to dis-/connect everytime the audio cables.
For me its nice to have

Kristel

(learning english today lesson? sorry...)

Les Wire
10-12-2005, 15:07
Is this new audio support implemented in the WL-500G Deluxe firmware too, or is it only a feature in the WL-500G standard version?
At Asus' website it's only mentioned at the WL-500G standard version webpage.

Hydra
15-12-2005, 19:18
I bought a USB harddisk and USB2Audio convertor and attached them to my WL-500GX.

Then I wrote a PHP web-page to select MP3's from my harddisk and play them through the USB2Audio. I can access this web-page with my WiFi enabled PDA.

Works like a charm. Now I have a completely silent MP3 player in the living room that I control with my PDA.

If anybody is interested in the PHP code, I would be happy to post it (it does need some cleaning up though :o )

i'd really love to know as much detals on this as possible, what audio card? what audio playing software? etc. php code would also be great as i'm looking to do the exact same thing!!! :D My sound card arrived today (more details as I found out myself).

leadbelly
07-01-2006, 18:57
I'm also trying to use the wl-500gx + attached usb-hd as a silent musicmachine... I installed rmdijkman php-script, and it kind of works... i can see my mp3's listed by the php-page, but nothing happens when i press the little playbutton... very frustrating...

As i mentioned in another post, i installed madplayer and it works when executed directly...

Has anyone had any luck with this and are willing to help me out?

Thanks in advance/
Erik

leadbelly
11-01-2006, 21:09
Hi rmdijkman!
Thank you very much!
c ya
Reflex

Sorry for bring old threads back to life, but i tried everything to get the phpscript to work, but, im to damn lousy at linux :( .

Could you, if possible, please type a small guide for installing the script and also how to set the rights to files and such...
I'm getting a bit desperate here...

dwienie
30-01-2006, 21:25
Hello Reflex , I read that you want to modify the php script to remote control madplay.
Did you already made some progress ?
Thanks

Pretender-
13-10-2006, 09:40
I received a list of shoutcast servers and thought: "it would come in handy if I have a webpage where I can choose which station I want to listen."
So I made another script some of you might be interested in.
Just put this file into your cgi-bin directory of your secondary webserver and browse to the name of this script.

There's still only one problem: if I start a stream, there won't be any page output.
Maybe someone has a solution for this.

#!/bin/sh
# WEBRADIO SCRIPT V1.1
echo "Content-type: text/html;"
echo

# SERVER FILE FORMAT:
# <host> <port> <url_path> <description of station with spaces allowed>
SERVERFILE=stations

# EXTRACT PARAMETER, IF PRESENT
# THIS CAN BE script?param=value&param2=value2...
# OR CAN BE script/param=value&param2=value2...
ESC_SCRIPT_NAME=`echo $SCRIPT_NAME | sed -r 's/\//\\\\\//g'`
PARAM=`echo $REQUEST_URI | sed -e "s/$ESC_SCRIPT_NAME.//g"`

if [ "$SCRIPT_NAME" != "$REQUEST_URI" ]; then
# MAKE VARIABLES OUT OF THE PARAMETER
`echo -e export "$PARAM" | sed -e "s/&/\nexport /g"`

# NO HOST GIVEN, PROBABLY WANTS TO STOP THE STREAM
if [ -z "$host" ]; then
./stream stop
exit 0;
fi

# STARTING STREAM, USES THE STREAM SCRIPT
./stream stop > /dev/null
./stream start $host $port $urlpath
else
# DEFAULT: NO PARAMS GIVEN
# PRINT THE SERVER LIST
cat $SERVERFILE | sed -r "s/([^ ]*) ([^ ]*) ([^ ]+) (.*)/< a. h.r.å.f=\"$ESC_SCRIPT_NAME?host=\1\&port=\2\&urlpath=\3\">\1:\2\3 \"\4\"<\/a><br \/>\n/g"
fi

Also, it is likely, you have to kill the waveserver and waveservermain processes, otherwise you can't access your soundblaster device

Update:
I improved the script a little to play streams which contain paths in their url (Like Digitally Imported does: 64.236.34.67 80 /stream/1017 DI DJ mixes 96k)
You have to use the updated stream script posted earlier.
To show an example stations file:

radio.bmj.net 8000 / Bash.org radio (trance)
rs1.radiostreamer.com / 8370 70's
classical.music4free.no-ip.org 8000 / Classic
radioprank.com 8000 / Comic
www.media4fun.com 8004 / Music Hq
native.screaminghost.com 8010 / Mixed
64.236.34.67 80 /stream/1017 DI DJ mixes 96k
/ Stop stream

i'm not good in english but about php,pl i know nothing.....ad i try and try this script from xopr so i find out that there is the "!" between if "$SCRIPT_NAME" != "$REQUEST_URI" ; then" not correct o.k. but i think thats not the only error .The script dont work and i dont know why.....
i made one script called webradio in the cgi-bin directory it shows all the servers i put in the stations file.One script the stream script called "stream" that works when i go to telnet and write /opt/share/www/stream start "host" "port".Can someone help me to get this to work?

gonzohonigmelon
09-10-2007, 11:31
Hi!

I tried to use the script from rmdijkman on my WL-HDD with lighttpd+php+fcgi!
Everything looks fine: I can see my mp3-directories and it's also possible to add files to the playlist. But when I press the play button, nothing happens!?!
Playing songs with maplay over telnet works fine.

What's the problem? I've spent a lot or time, but I didn't find a solution!
Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!!!