PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Question about my WL-500gPV2

Mastec
24-09-2008, 01:33
Hello all... Have been trolling here reading up on Asus but now I have one and have a problem. Much thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

This is my second 500gPV2 router. The 1st I had for a day and bricked trying to load the Asus firmware 3.0.2.9 beta. I had it RMA'ed and received my second one today. It came loaded with 2.0.1.2 and worked great after wiring it up and power cycling. I downloaded the new 3.0.3.1 and loaded it, just about bricked this one too. I was able to TFTP Tomato onto it then use the GUI to load 3.0.3.1 successfully. But when it rebooted everything worked except WAN. It could not detect the internet at all. Was telling me something about assigning the wrong static or dynamic IP. When I clicked the link for the solution the page was blank. The graphics were there but no text. I tried to manually set it up and all the selections were grayed out giving me no options except to enter the DNS servers. I reverted back to 2.0.1.5 and everything works. Go back up to 3.0.3.1 and nothing. Can someone give me a clue as to what is going on? I have flashed and upgraded a lot of routers so I am not new to this. But I have never ever ran into a situation such as this.

wpte
24-09-2008, 11:55
Hello all... Have been trolling here reading up on Asus but now I have one and have a problem. Much thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

This is my second 500gPV2 router. The 1st I had for a day and bricked trying to load the Asus firmware 3.0.2.9 beta. I had it RMA'ed and received my second one today. It came loaded with 2.0.1.2 and worked great after wiring it up and power cycling. I downloaded the new 3.0.3.1 and loaded it, just about bricked this one too. I was able to TFTP Tomato onto it then use the GUI to load 3.0.3.1 successfully. But when it rebooted everything worked except WAN. It could not detect the internet at all. Was telling me something about assigning the wrong static or dynamic IP. When I clicked the link for the solution the page was blank. The graphics were there but no text. I tried to manually set it up and all the selections were grayed out giving me no options except to enter the DNS servers. I reverted back to 2.0.1.5 and everything works. Go back up to 3.0.3.1 and nothing. Can someone give me a clue as to what is going on? I have flashed and upgraded a lot of routers so I am not new to this. But I have never ever ran into a situation such as this.

May I ask how you upload the firmware?
you used tftp for tomato, but what about the asus fw?

Mastec
24-09-2008, 14:19
I uploaded it TFTP and through the fw gui, both had the same results. I tried the restoration tool, that just sat there.

I gave up on this. I loaded Tomato back on to it then upgraded to DD-WRT mega build with USB support, works great.

max548
28-09-2008, 13:08

Restoring after loadiing the new firmware helped me.