PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : Adding Analogue and Digital I/O with the Velleman K8055 board

palbeda
29-01-2005, 15:55
Hi all,

A wish that I had for some time now is fulfilled, I have been able
to add Digital and Analogue Input/Output to the Asus wl500g!

This is done with the K8055 Experimental USB board from Velleman (a board which can be bought as a kit or completely built and tested).

Please find attached the compiled version of the program Cueib (thanks to my colleaugue Stefan who managed to compile it) to control the board (see also: http://linuxk8055.free.fr/). Copy the binary to your wl500g and call it with ./cueib --help to see the opions.

Have fun!

Best regards,

Peter

tommytamsen
06-06-2005, 10:04
Great job palbeda/Peter, just some few questions.
When I run cueib it outputs:
Disconnect OS driver: could not detach kernel driver from interface 0: No data available
Analog input: 75 225
Digital input: 0:0:1:0:0
Digital counter: 001 003

It seems to be working ok, but whats the "Disconnect OS driver: could not..." output line?
And is there an easier way to set output? When I want to output binary %01001001 (decimal 73) I write:
./cueib -do:1 1 -do:4 1 -do:7 1
This works ok apart from the "Disconnect..." output, but why cant I write:
./cueib -do 73
to do the same job? Whenever I try ./cueib -do xxx (xxx=anything but zero) all output lines turn on. But -do 0 works by turning all off...
But thats some minor quirks - it works great!!! Thanx!

palbeda
01-09-2005, 08:31
Hi Tommy,

Sorry I did not responded earlier, only now I saw your message.
Yes, the program gives some error messages as it seems to try
to disable Linux drivers that may lock the k8055.

I agree that it is a pitty you need to know the state of the outputs
to set them without resetting the other inputs. I do not think the
board supports a "read outputs" type of command.

I am sure that it must be possible to create better software to
control the K8055 with the examples on the website, I specified
but for me this software does the trick.

Have fun,

Peter

Sancho
15-09-2005, 17:56
May I ask you to recompile the binary with commented line where the program tells the error message "Disconnect OS driver: could not detach kernel driver from interface 0: No data available"?
I do not have the environment ready (I fail everytime I try to compile the binary).

Thanx in advance.

Hi all,

A wish that I had for some time now is fulfilled, I have been able
to add Digital and Analogue Input/Output to the Asus wl500g!

This is done with the K8055 Experimental USB board from Velleman (a board which can be bought as a kit or completely built and tested).

Please find attached the compiled version of the program Cueib (thanks to my colleaugue Stefan who managed to compile it) to control the board (see also: http://linuxk8055.free.fr/). Copy the binary to your wl500g and call it with ./cueib --help to see the opions.

Have fun!

Best regards,

Peter

Sancho
22-09-2005, 07:13
I made a simple script that makes a "running light" on the wellman board.
I let it run for cca. 3 minutes and the router went down.
I was even unable to trace the syslog - it was completly frozen.
Only reset button helped.
When I use commands by normal manner - one in a minute, or just use a read command, everything is OK, the router works correctly for days.
As soon as I run the running light script, I get into problems.
The script is realy only a sequence of ./cueib ... commands.
Anyone have some idea, where a problem could be?

Sancho
22-09-2005, 07:24
I am working on a project of home automatisation.
Using the Vellman board I made an output relay board for remote control, that could control almost everything, starting at home alarm, lights, power plugs etc.
I am working on the web interface for this one.
The remote can control 256 devices.

For the remote control I use these products:
http://www.arctech.com.tw/products/allproud.htm

It operates on the radio frequency, not by infra, so the range in a real house is aprox. 30 meters (100 feet), which is suitable for most houses.
Using the WL-500g I am able to log in from work and control my whole house, program commands using time-schedule etc.

If anyone is interested in this one, I can offer the source codes and work plan as soon as the project will be finished.

Anyhow, I will try to sell the final product.
Do you think it will find it's place on the market?

palbeda
26-09-2005, 10:29
Hi Sancho,

It might be a bug in the program. The program is not debugged that well. It is very well possible that the program has a "memory leak" or so, eating your resources until the server crashes. I have a simular problem with the program on my ASUS that checks for e-mail and shouts "New e-mail!!!" through USB audio. After a few weeks, it freezes my ASUS and a reboot fixes it.

By the way, I have not written the program, you can find it at http://linuxk8055.free.fr . You can find the sources there. Unfortunately, I do not have the environment running at the moment to recompile it, so even if I knew what was wrong, I cannot fix it momentarely. I think the user interface could be better anyway....

Sorry I cannot help you at the moment, great that you have the 8055 running on the ASUS as well!

Best regards,

Peter

skanker
20-10-2005, 00:25
How much are you thinking about selling the kits for ? I would not mind buying a prototype of you to try if it is at a reasonable price.

I am working on a project of home automatisation.
Using the Vellman board I made an output relay board for remote control, that could control almost everything, starting at home alarm, lights, power plugs etc.
I am working on the web interface for this one.
The remote can control 256 devices.

For the remote control I use these products:
http://www.arctech.com.tw/products/allproud.htm

It operates on the radio frequency, not by infra, so the range in a real house is aprox. 30 meters (100 feet), which is suitable for most houses.
Using the WL-500g I am able to log in from work and control my whole house, program commands using time-schedule etc.

If anyone is interested in this one, I can offer the source codes and work plan as soon as the project will be finished.

Anyhow, I will try to sell the final product.
Do you think it will find it's place on the market?

Sancho
04-12-2005, 19:55
How much are you thinking about selling the kits for ? I would not mind buying a prototype of you to try if it is at a reasonable price.

Right now I am a little busy in work, but I do not plan to sell it, I will publish the sources and HW how-to for free.

FilimoniC
04-12-2005, 20:10
Sure!!! Pulish them!!! I mostly interested in "Howto make an USB device that does something and how to manage it", not in remote.. But please publish all what you can anyway =)

raas
12-01-2009, 09:55
Digging up an old post, but I've received the board this weekend, soldered the whole thing together and is running tests on a pc right now.
going to try this toningt with the premium.
Thanks!

raas
19-01-2009, 18:41
Hi,

I've downloaded the file and extracted it to /opt/cueib

If I run the following command:

./cueib --help
I get the following error:

./cueib: ./cueib: 1: Syntax error: ")" unexpected

I'm running on oleg's v.10 firmware on a premium.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks !

raas
23-01-2009, 20:27
nevermind..

i found this: http://libk8055.sourceforge.net/
works 'instantly' can control/read/reset everything.

raas
10-03-2009, 09:09
Hi,

Had a PM about the library.

I've build the library on my asus, but I don't know if it works on other asus machines then..
However.

There's one zip file attached. it contains 2 files

k8055 (this is the compiled library, place this in /opt/velleman/src/)
scriptK8055 this is a script which uses the library and it assumes its location. otherwise, change the location in the script.. copy this script to your asus and make it executable.. run with ./scriptK8055

(I haven't had the change to run this script at the moment, but it is taken from a 'huge' script which handles math with the inputs.. I took the math part out, only leaving the reading of the inputs and storing them in variables)

bugmenot
21-05-2009, 21:23
Please answer my NOOB question:

How to copy/download cueib to my WL500G running oleg latest firmware

USB ?
Samba ?
FTP ?
Telnet ?

Please help!

Thanks!

raas
22-05-2009, 13:36
Hello Bugmenot.

you will get the file on your asus the same as you normally would copy files to the asus.

download with your pc and copy to the asus share.
or lookup the url, start a ssh-session on the asus.
go to the right folder where you would want the file to download and issue the wget <url> command.

hth

bugmenot
31-05-2009, 21:16
Can copy the file now but it wont work

./cueib
-sh: ./cueib: Permission denied

can you please make a small step by step reply

(wich files to get and commands to run)

Thxz for the help

raas
31-05-2009, 21:30
read the thread and answers, I couldn't get cueib to work either and have compiled another file, it's attached, along with example.

bugmenot
31-05-2009, 21:36
(To raas: Makkelijker voor mij als je het in het Nederlands typt :rolleyes: Anders een Nederlandse topic hierover starten?)

raas
31-05-2009, 21:41
to bugmenot.

zoals ik zei, ik kreeg cueib ook niet aan het werk dus daar kan ik je niet mee helpen. ik gebruik zelf K8055.zip welke een stukje terug in deze thread staat.

bugmenot
31-05-2009, 21:58
Heb de twee bestanden gekopiert naar mun root dat is de enige plek waar ik ze heen kan downloaden.

[admin@(none) root]$ ls
ScriptK8055 cueib k8055
[admin@(none) root]$ ./scriptK8055
-sh: ./scriptK8055: not found
[admin@(none) root]$ cd /opt
[admin@(none) /opt]$ mk velleman
-sh: mk: not found
[admin@(none) /opt]$ mkdir velleman
mkdir: Cannot create directory `velleman': Read-only file system
[admin@(none) /opt]$

er gaat iets fout.. hij is read only..

raas
01-06-2009, 11:03
Je /opt is niet gemount.
Heb je een harddisk of usb-drive aangesloten?
kijk eens met het 'df' commando waar je harddisk gemount is.
welke firmware draai je?

Het probleem zit 'm niet in de scripts of libraries, maar dat je de bestanden niet op je asus krijgt.

bugmenot
01-06-2009, 15:05
Ik heb een WL500G met een LPT en USB poort dus ik kan maar 1 USB apparaat tegelijk aan sluiten. De USB-hubjes die ik heb werken niet direct en het lijkt erop dat het dus nogteeds niet gaat werken.

Of kan ik de 2 files ook in een specifieke map op de wl500g zelf plaatsen ?

thxz raas voor je snelle andwoord! ;)

ps(firmware 1.9.2.7-7g)

raas
01-06-2009, 17:57
dan zou je ze in je flash moeten zetten, en dat gaat waarschijnlijk niet werken gezien de beperkte ruimte.
Als je ze wel ergens neer kunt zetten (/bin ofzo) dan dien je een flash, save, commit en reboot te geven.

succes.

vladut
28-07-2009, 08:31
back to english :)

I have wl-hdd with the latest firmware (1.9.2.7-9).
When I plug the k8055 board I get:
hub.c: new USB device 00:04.0-1, assigned address 2
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-145)
hub.c: new USB device 00:04.0-1, assigned address 3
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-145)

I need some kernel module for the k8055 board or what?

ABruines
03-04-2010, 14:24
You could also try: http://sourceforge.net/projects/k8055d/

I wrote that package some time ago, it provides a /proc interface for up to 4 k8055 boards...

jannoke
03-07-2010, 00:28
You could also try: http://sourceforge.net/projects/k8055d/

I wrote that package some time ago, it provides a /proc interface for up to 4 k8055 boards...

This proc package has a serious bug: if more than one card is used and data is written and read from different cards with high rate, then it will sometimes change state of the random card (not the card requested). It works perfectly with just one card.

djprincipal
09-05-2012, 10:36
Hie

I am a student at University and I am in my third year for my final year project I am using the Velleman Board K8055 to simlate automation in the cinema. I am running out of time and I am not good with writting programms I was wondering if you could help me.

I want the program to be able to light up the LEDs in the users selected order with 5secs duration.
If possible I want to be able to access the board via IP address.
Basically I want the board to simulate automation that happens within the Cinema. These are automation that should occur
Show Start
Masking Flat
Masking Scope
Lamp On
2D FLAT
2D SCOPE
3D FLAT
3D SCOPE
Dowser Open
Feature Start
Credits
Lamp Off
Dowser Close

Any Kind of help in terms of the code would help I am using Visual Basic because of GUI. Please let me know if you can help me. Thank you