PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : As client no access to attached LAN ?

gerd
23-01-2005, 13:47
Hi !
I'm connected with an WL HDD to a linksys WRT54G as Client... from LAN Side of the Linksys i can ping the WL HDD but not the via LAN attached device on the WLHDD... from The LAN Device attached to WLHHD i can ping the WLHDD but not the Linksys neither LAN attached to Linksys.
Is this normal ? Is there a solution ?
Ciao Gerd

djd
13-02-2005, 00:24
Same problem is with an ASUS WL500G as AP mode and WLHDD in the client mode ...cannot communicate with the WL500G from the WLHDD lan side .The ping doesn't work to test the coonection...but the devices are associated .

The WL500G was equiped with the latest 1.9.2.7-3c Oleg's firmware and the WLHDD with stock one (not tested with modified firmware yet )

Ulrich
13-02-2005, 14:26
The LAN Device attached to WLHHD i can ping the WLHDD but not the Linksys neither LAN attached to Linksys.
Is this normal ? Is there a solution ?Similar setup is working for me. How does your IP configuration of the network look like? Note that you have to set the Linksys as gateway for devices attached to the WL-HDD's LAN port.

Ulrich

gerd
13-02-2005, 14:34
Similar setup is working for me. How does your IP configuration of the network look like? Note that you have to set the Linksys as gateway for devices attached to the WL-HDD's LAN port.

Ulrich
Now its also working... i setup Asus as Hybrid and Linksys as WDS, but setup before was that Linksys was "regular" AP and Asus "reg" client.
OK as i remeber i setup the real gateway on asus... when i have some time i'll try to setup linksys as default gateway..... and i'll post result here....
Ciao Gerd