PDA

Bekijk de volledige versie : problems with wl500bv2 1.9.2.7. 3b firmware

ram.con
20-01-2005, 19:05
I've recently installed this firmware on my wl500b. Some days before, I installed asus latest wl500b firmware, but that caused problems with singal strength.

After pressing the reset button the led for wlan-power did not flashed any more, and no wireless connection was possible.
Now I tried to connect to the 500b via wires, but also that was not possible any more. So now it is hard to do something, how to solve it?

Oleg
20-01-2005, 19:09
If you've wl500b unit (wl500b v2 uses different radio), then you need to flash WL500b-1.9.2.7-3b.trx firmware.

ram.con
20-01-2005, 19:13
The previeus firmware version alse says it was v2, but Ok

Ok, but thats to late now, I cant connect to the router any more, any way.
I this fatal, or is it possible to solve this?

reset
20-01-2005, 19:14
a had same problem two days before. The firmware was running almost 40hours , then no signal, eth2 affects , all is like normal , router work , but no signal , .... i'm connected with a few friends , so i had no extra time for experimentations , imed. i used old firmware WL500g-1.8.1.7-3 . All work fine now.

ram.con
20-01-2005, 19:19
right, but:
I even cant get a wired connection to my router, no ping, no web interface, etc. Sometimes i think that the DHCP server is giving some answer.... hopeless.
So i cant flash other firmware.... i think. Using the firmware restauration tool is not possible (he sais that there is no router in recovery found (logical: no ping....))

So is there a way to make my router reacheble again?

ram.con
20-01-2005, 19:26
newest info: 5 minutes later......
right now, it is possible to connect wired to my router
First of my live, i see the results of the cr3b version.... cool.
But, flashing the correct firmware (not v2, but just wl500b 1.9.2.7. CR3b) is not possible..(Firmware upgrade fail. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmare and try again.)

Hopefull, I can connect, but now...

Oleg
20-01-2005, 21:01
Use firmware restoration tool. Use search and read manual on how to activate it.

ram.con
21-01-2005, 20:41
After some expririments on my computer (yesterday a wired connection was not possible, I came to know that that was not the router's problem, but that of my brutal wl-130b utily's.... (yes, a problematic asus-card :( ))
and after reading the instructions for using the firmware restauration tool (they are here posted as reactions, but not placed at the wl500g.dyndns.org as far as I know ? :o Well, doesn't matter.) ,
i have placed oleg's latest wl500b firmware.
New I can use great firmware with bandwith management etc..... that's easy.

So, thanks to oleg and other forum-posters for the tips!